Gold's milling, old or new gen PZ?

Bill3508

I think I'm going to order a Golds putter. What milling do you all like? I've read some post that folks preferred the old PZ milling over the new. Just wondered what you all liked and why.

Thanks for the help.

Bill

I think I'm going to order a Golds putter. What milling do you all like? I've read some post that folks preferred the old PZ milling over the new. Just wondered what you all liked and why.

Thanks for the help.

Bill

Hi Bill, what sort of feel do you like?

For me, the older original horizontal PZ mill. I find the new PZ mill too mushy (just me of course) and I prefer a firmer feel for better feedback. Solely from GF, I also find the roll produced by this mill to give a better roll and I have tried both the old and new mill side by side and both had the same loft as well from what I recall.

It really depends on your stroke and what you prefer feel wise. I know many here prefer the new PZ mill.

post-2841-0-02840700-1390530940.jpg

Hi Bill, what sort of feel do you like?

Fairly soft. Normally use to carbon putters. My miss is taking putter outside the line and pulling or compensating with exaverated follow through push. Try for SbSt.

For me, the older original horizontal PZ mill. I find the new PZ mill too mushy (just me of course) and I prefer a firmer feel for better feedback. Solely from GF, I also find the roll produced by this mill to give a better roll and I have tried both the old and new mill side by side and both had the same loft as well from what I recall.

It really depends on your stroke and what you prefer feel wise. I know many here prefer the new PZ mill.

That putter looks great. I really dont like a clicky putter. Going for something in the 400g range for 32" length or maybe a little less.

Fairly soft. Normally use to carbon putters. My miss is taking putter outside the line and pulling or compensating with exaverated follow through push. Try for SbSt.

Then perhaps the deeper new PZ mill may suit you better.

That putter looks great. I really dont like a clicky putter. Going for something in the 400g range for 32" length or maybe a little less.

That's a really heavy head weight. Look in this forum to see what mygreenalien (I think) has done. He went down a similar route with a really heavy head and shorter length as well.

well.... looks wise the old milling can be a bit . hmmmmmm over bearing, the deep horizontal lines accross the whole face kinda of doimnate the rest of the club looks wise.... bec they are so deep it took me by surprise how much.

the feel is suiper soft and mushy. lovely feel. nothing better

the newer milling is def a harder feel bit more pingy. seem to roll the ball faster but not as nice if that makes sense.

not sure what i prefer. i like hte look of hte new milling much better but i think i prefer the softer feel ofthe deep horizonal

see if i got a cpl of piccys of them..

If you prefer something soft then new PZ would be the right one for you, for me I think it's a little too soft but the roll of the ball is awesome. I cannot compare since I'm still waiting for my horizontal milling to come but most of the feedback in this forum said that it's going to give more feedback than the new PZ milling.

Bill - I suggest you take a look at this putter

This belong to one of TSG members the putter has 400+ of head weight and 31* in length which is similar to what you're looking for.

Honestly both are soft. Depth is similar on both millings they are just different milling patterns. The original focused more on soft touch and forward roll. The Next gen included crescent style milling to reduce side spin.

I think the old pz is going to work for me. Ordered up a Stealth USA with the blinker so im excited.

• 1 year later...