Miura-san makes a 64 -- and my day

RLL33

As you guys know, I've long desired a JDM 64-deg wedge to replace my Cally copper forged. Tried to petition Miura over the years, whose wedges I use otherwise, but to no avail.

Well, finally a fitter in the Boston area, Frank Viola of Ace Of Clubs ( www.aceofclubstp.com ), prevailed upon Miura-san himself to make a small number of them in his K-grind for his clients. And you guessed it, I snapped one of only six up.

The K-grind is unusual in that it has "knuckles" ground in by Miura-san. And after spending last weekend with this baby pitching in my backyard, I took it to the course this week, and whoa......... it cuts through rough, sand, anything like the proverbial hot knife through butter. Finally in JDM lob heaven, too!

Here's a few pics:

post-15743-0-34850400-1390768009.jpg

post-15743-0-68201000-1390768023.jpg

post-15743-0-26833300-1390768037.jpg

post-15743-0-60881800-1390768044.jpg

post-15743-0-32652800-1390768062.jpg

Edited by RLL33

Glad you found something that works. Frank is quite the character and has a great releationship with mr Miura.

Thank Knuckle looks interesting. I would love those out of the deep rough!

Yeah, that was the first place I tried it -- found myself on hillside above a green in rough. The club just went down for the ball and sounded as if it was hungry for it. Scooped it right onto the green and even had stop spin on it. Nasty good. ;=]

I talked to Frank from Ace of Clubs this afternoon to inquire about this wedge. He's just a super nice, no pressure to buy, no blowing smoke up your ass gentlemen. Since there's less than a dozen (in the world?), it was ultimately too expensive for my budget. Basically cost like a 1 year old used set of JDM irons ?. But I was tempted, oh so tempted.