Craig's "PURE" Damascus Center Shaft 1st Edition Seven Putter - Tuned by Gold's Factory

gocchin

Craig of course wanted one of the rare SM490A heads modified by Gold's for his collection so he emailed me for an order along with some wedges.

He basically said, "I leave the designs up to you Tario".

Luckily I have worked with Craig so many times on his orders I have a sense of what he likes but this time I wanted something different.

I decided to come up with a theme first and what better theme for a putter than PURE. Not only in feel but looks.

I asked Sasaya-san to use a Damascus insert which I felt would pair nicely with the SM490A body. Feel of any golf club is not only dependent on the face but the body the face is attached to.

I also decided to try something different, Sasaya-san milled the BACK of the insert. Yes not the front but the back.

The idea behind this was like a driver with variable thickness face. With original PZ milling on the back, certain parts of the insert were now thinner than others.

This would create a very unique feel IN THEORY (of course we had never tried this before).

I had the putter finished in a white satin and ZERO paint fill.

The Japanese kanji for PURE was engraved on the sole.

Still the putter looked like most other anser style/pin putters so I had Gold's cut the neck off and weld in a short neck for center shaft matched with a Dark Chrome heavy and stepless Shimada Putter shaft.

Well here are the results... I will post the matching "PURE" wedges up a bit later after I shoot them.

I should note I have putted around the house with this and the feel is unbelievable... Like a forged Ti driver, spongy, soft, unique.

post-8383-0-45840200-1390972197.jpg

post-8383-0-65661600-1390972205.jpg

post-8383-0-60727600-1390972208.jpg

post-8383-0-19926000-1390972212.jpg

post-8383-0-46767600-1390972215.jpg

post-8383-0-14481800-1390972219.jpg

post-8383-0-89200300-1390972223.jpg

post-8383-0-90863600-1390972226.jpg

I don't think I've ever been jealous of someones Putter before but WOW. This one might just do it.

Tario, just talked to Craig and he said you can send it to me first................................... :tsg_smiley_heart:

I don't think I've ever been jealous of someones Putter before but WOW. This one might just do it.

Tario, just talked to Craig and he said you can send it to me first................................... :tsg_smiley_heart:

Sure I can send it to you but if you want one I have a head here with your name on it. :tsg_smiley_putter2:

That putter look gorgeous, now I'm starting to think why didn't i let you design my seven limited putter >.<

So much so subtly brought into harmony... I see something new each time I look at the different angles. And yet the overall impression is clean, pure. Beautiful work, Tario! And of course from the Master. Enjoy, Craig! (And do tell about the feel of having the insert milled on the inside.)

Well I must say I think it looks quite impressive.

When one gets something from Golds it is an exciting time. As is getting anything from TSG. All you guys know exactly what I mean.

It is always nice when TSGers take the time to make positive comments(and some not so nice), sort of like telling you it is ok to spend this money.

Thanks for the comments guys, it is appreciated and I will certainly let people know how it goes

what ever u do pls DONT get that mixed up with the lajossi nand send it to me instead.

im sure to alert u to the mistake............................................................,