scotty circle T Vs golds custom.

supo

so i was perousing the gofling world yesteday on my day off, and i came across a scotty circle T, tour rat proto sss 303 with the initials B.B on the toe. off the top of my head i presumed very broadly..., that it was brad bryants at some stage ( ????????) but that was a guess. only BB i can think of..........................,

it was in pretty decent nick but it was def a gamer 33.5 inch , felt lovely to hit and the balance was spot on. like it , design was nice red spots in the back with a t on the last one. bit flattter than "stock" was a nice piece i have to say.

i got to thinking if this was a better buy than getting a golds custom....

golds are precision worked to the minutest detail for a LOT less than this is. granted they arnt tour players putters. but ifu get a good head sent in u can come out with something super special as weve seen time and again.

id love a circel T for no other reason than id love a circle T........................ ive heard they quality is miles above his retial spam.

its maybe the missisng piece of my putter collection., ive got a cpl of bettis that are lovely , but not a top end scotty

but for me its SO hard to go past sasaya-san.

circel T guys . pls add thoughts.

im in a quandry............... to delve deep or let it slide....,

i like the gold's factory because it is pretty much bespoke equipment.....scotty is made for the masses and golds is one at a time

Id rather have a Byron than a circle T scotty. I would pick the Golds over it any day also.

SC is a marketing genius!

As to his putters they are nice but nothing special.

Sure his putters are the rate esp the circle T and gss

And people are willing to pay for them. Hes a golf celebrity

But the level of golds is just in a different level. If only scotty

Could up his ante and do these kinds of works expect his puters to

Go for a whole lot more.

Agree with the others -- Cameron's rep is due to his rep -- i.e., he's famous for being famous. That said, the Circle-T's do have a better feel than the rack versions, but nothing close to Gold's which, for me, has a feel unlike any other putter I've had the pleasure of holding.

Still, a complete collection could definitely want to hold one of these. And because of his rep, Scotty's often make for fine investments, esp in re-sale terms... So... putter-wise, meh... Money-wise, yeah.

PS. Briny Baird's caddie plays at my club. If I see him, I'll ask what putters he's used.

i just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money when

1) the market is flooded with Scotty Cameron Circle T putters

2) Circle T's are not custom to OUR specs. Sure if I were a touring pro it would be...but i'm not

3) for that price i too would prefer a Golds custom.

keep in mind i used to be a huge SC fan prior to 2004 and ever since then i've looked the other way.

chris now thats. punchy.

im kinda loath to do that, bec what ive learend with my small dabbling in scotyy is they needs to be "pure".

i have one buttonback that i got customed beautifully and i was told its basically worthless... bec its been "tampered with"

what hte ??????

Can I get behind Shanko on the buttonback?

never tried the golds, but have couple of gaming circle Ts. They are not your msinstream SCs. The steel the used, GSS & SSS models are as soft & responsive as they come.

imho, putters doesnt have to be technical as other clubs, the most you can customise are the length. I use an SSS during summers, when greens are slower & switch to a softer oil can head during winter.

the overpriced circle Ts are those with personalised stampings, which have collectors premiums. A gaming circle T would be ard 2-3k

If you break down the minerals in GSS it's exactly the same as JPN SUS303, No difference. Stainless steel generally is also not known for being soft, that would be carbon or Fe.

Putters are very technical and specs are very sensitive when it comes to putting. Face angle for example, it's more vital to have the proper FA in a putter than it is in the driver. lie angle is important too, length, head weight, and balance or counter weighting. it's not just about the length.

Add to that the putter can make the biggest difference in one's score and its very import the player is physically & mentally confident about their flat stick. IMO putting is the game within the game.

Stew-

That is a nice Buttonback, not worthless at all. Probably would fetch $600+

True, collectors (I used to be one) want unmodified stuff, but it is a nice functional putter.

When I collected, I collected Pre-Titleist Camerons and True Limited Editions like the Kiawah Island putter. Anyone who wants a Circle T or 009 can get one if they are willing to pay the piper....

If you break down the minerals in GSS it's exactly the same as JPN SUS303, No difference. Stainless steel generally is also not known for being soft, that would be carbon or Fe.

Putters are very technical and specs are very sensitive when it comes to putting. Face angle for example, it's more vital to have the proper FA in a putter than it is in the driver. lie angle is important too, length, head weight, and balance or counter weighting. it's not just about the length.

Add to that the putter can make the biggest difference in one's score and its very import the player is physically & mentally confident about their flat stick. IMO putting is the game within the game.

Putting is a game inside the game, I reviewed an extensive putter fitting last season and was amazed to realize just how incredibly technical the art of putting can be. If people would focus more energy on learning and understanding there putting stroke most players would shave countless strokes from there score. Heck, in a ten minute putting lesson last season using a simple chalk line I learned my alignment was at least 7 inches too left, I had no idea...BB Edited by BigBen

the 009..... yes , been interested in those but ive seen a lot of them come up for sale. nad they dont look anything out of the ordinary.

they fetch a very decent price too. but theres lots of them.... which is why im not inclined to get one .

they are everywhere.

hmm looks like i might just stick to getign my persoanl faves redone by sasaya-san.

ive got acpl of "lesser" scottys en route now

scotty proto titleist CNN newport experimenatal long neck. ( i mean seriosuly, what he hell is with that name??????)

a scotty 2007 catalina classic

and a futura holiday edition

not the best there is but the shape of these really suit my eye

so i think its worth getting them sprucued up a bit.

I have both Circle T and GF, and I think both are very good but Scotty has done a much better marketing. So if you look for something brand name and easier to sell then Scotty should be better, but if you looking for something unique then Gold's is a better option. As for myself when I start collecting putter I pick Scotty as my priority but now since I've both of them as long as many others, I prefer to have a few more Gold's in my collection.

Edited by tokidoki1986