TourSpecGolfer

Epon AF-903 Driving Iron Thread!

On 3/10/2014 at 4:27 AM, Spoon said:

heres mine.

definitely more playeresque

compared to the 901. if you like

smaller more compact DIs can't beat this one.

just wish they would put a number instead of the loft:)

post-10550-0-54555400-1394425574_thumb.j

post-10550-0-56575600-1394425583_thumb.j

post-10550-0-51078100-1394425607_thumb.j

post-10550-0-26330300-1394425614_thumb.j

After looking at these pics again I really want to try them with my AF-Tours. They're just soooo damn expensive, even on the used market!!!

Edited by Ian-500

57 minutes ago, D22marshall said:

Don’t bother Ian they are average at best.

the 901 is a much better di

Really? The 903 looks great. I've tried the 901 and loved the feel. Have you tried any of the Srixons Dean?

Edited by Ian-500

Yeah the Srixons are nice also I don’t know what went wrong with the 903 but it just doesn’t work, looks perfect but dud! 

The honma double Screws in the back is a great club. 

Anyway I know you Ian it’s an itch that needs to be scratched 😀👍

4 hours ago, D22marshall said:

Yeah the Srixons are nice also I don’t know what went wrong with the 903 but it just doesn’t work, looks perfect but dud! 

The honma double Screws in the back is a great club. 

Anyway I know you Ian it’s an itch that needs to be scratched 😀👍

👌🤘

903 is definitely a better players DI, I like the 901 because it's a bit easier to hit but it's also a bit more difficult to hit straight. I'd actually love to do a side-by-side comparison with two of the same shaft but unfortunately I have a TourAD DI hybrid in the 19* 901 and a Matrix hM3 in the 20* 903 so even tho they're same weight and flex the launch, kick, and feel are quite different 

1 hour ago, gregoire56 said:

903 is definitely a better players DI, I like the 901 because it's a bit easier to hit but it's also a bit more difficult to hit straight. I'd actually love to do a side-by-side comparison with two of the same shaft but unfortunately I have a TourAD DI hybrid in the 19* 901 and a Matrix hM3 in the 20* 903 so even tho they're same weight and flex the launch, kick, and feel are quite different 

Do it anyway.....and really fast 😁😆😄😅

1 hour ago, Ian-500 said:

Do it anyway.....and really fast 😁😆😄😅

hmm wellll I have wanted to get my hands on a couple of the TourAD IZ hybrid shafts.. 

10 hours ago, gregoire56 said:

hmm wellll I have wanted to get my hands on a couple of the TourAD IZ hybrid shafts.. 

👍

So I broke down......I'm weak. Don't tell my wife. 

20 And 23 on their way to me. 

Funny enough thought I also better try this one again maybe wrong shaft first time round!

got a 20 with nunchuk coming 😀

1 hour ago, D22marshall said:

Funny enough thought I also better try this one again maybe wrong shaft first time round!

got a 20 with nunchuk coming 😀

Hahahaha love it. Let us know how it goes mate.

I have a 20 with a ust axivcore black 100s and a 23 with a matrix program f15 95x. The matrix is not for me. I'll have a OT tour 120 installed soon.

Ok I mustn’t have giving the 903 enough time before the 903 20 with nunchuk is gold hit it off the tee and the deck was perfect just what I have been looking for.

the narrow sole was much better and was 210 off the tee and 190+m off the deck fits into the bag very well.

3 hours ago, D22marshall said:

Ok I mustn’t have giving the 903 enough time before the 903 20 with nunchuk is gold hit it off the tee and the deck was perfect just what I have been looking for.

the narrow sole was much better and was 210 off the tee and 190+m off the deck fits into the bag very well.

👍 Glad I could help.

19 hours ago, D22marshall said:

That’s solid. I really think I just need another shaft in my 20*, the Matrix hM3 black tie is a 105-X and it’s tour issued so it’s veeeeery stout. Or I could just need to increase the SW a bit, does feel a little light toward the head. The TourAD DI Hybrid shaft in my 901 is also a 105-X but feels much better than the 903/Matrix combo, much more smooth and easy to launch 

25 minutes ago, gregoire56 said:

That’s solid. I really think I just need another shaft in my 20*, the Matrix hM3 black tie is a 105-X and it’s tour issued so it’s veeeeery stout. Or I could just need to increase the SW a bit, does feel a little light toward the head. The TourAD DI Hybrid shaft in my 901 is also a 105-X but feels much better than the 903/Matrix combo, much more smooth and easy to launch 

Yes the AD DI all day over the black tie, which feels dead to me.

3 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

Yes the AD DI all day over the black tie, which feels dead to me.

ya it's weird though.. I used to have a 6M3 black tie in a driver and really liked it, but for some reason I completely agree about this hM3 it just feels dead. it's possible the SW is just too low, but I don't know because the DI Hybrid feels great with the 901 and they are same weight and flex

..also, I completely agree about the DI Hybrid shaft. it's fantastic I have the 105-X in my 901 and an 85-X in a MA01H and so far it is by far my favorite hybrid shaft I've ever tried. I reeeeeally want to try the new IZ Hybrid shaft too, it sounds just like the DI Hybrid but with a tad lower launch 

So far I've had a chance to try the 20* and it's very good, especially with a Mizuno RB Tour ball. Love it. The old UST axivcore shaft holds up well and feels good. Used it on a 236yd par 3. and I hit to the left edge of the green. Awesome shot. The 23* is being shafted with an OTi Tour. Can't wait to try it.

I bought the AF-903 and it couldn't knock the 901 out of my bag.

Right now, the AF-901 is the only Japanese OEM club in my bag.

The PRGR 200i driving iron was the FIRST Japanese club that I ever bought.

Back in the early eighties, a well perimeter-weighted Wilson 1200GE 1-iron was my first dedicated driving iron.

I do like driving irons, even though I like lofted fairway woods over long irons (or hybrids) from the fairway.  

I need to see a generous landing area to hit driver., and the tee provides a perfect lie from which to hit a driving iron.

I push the tee all the way down to its cup.

Edited by NiftyNiblick