2014 ONOFF Forged CB-358 Irons

TourSpecGolfer

via www.golftoimpress.com

ONOFF-Forged-2014.jpg

The ONOFF Forged Iron, One of TSG's best performing and most popular cavity backs revamped in 2014 with a major overhaul this time positioning it to appeal to the player looking for a more compact presence and workability. The previous 3 versions have all had stellar reviews in many areas from feel (Endo S20C) to forgiveness and distance. The only thing some found lacking was workability and it appears ONOFF has addressed this with a very new yet familiar design.

ONOFF-Forged-CB358-Irons.jpg

Shingo Katayama has been playing this iron in prototype form since the start of the JPGA golf season and variants from the previous season. His input has influenced this latest rendition quite a bit. Looking at the photo above you will first notice the iron has a very sharp toe. Very different and cool looking something that we don't see as extreme in any other brand. The second major thing to notice is the laser etched face another feature that is exclusive to Endo technology.

ONOFF-Forged.jpg

For those of you who have hit or seen the previous ONOFF Forged models you are probably drooling over the reduced offset and overall size of the iron in this top line image. Surprisingly ONOFF also claims that the forgiveness is the same as well, If this is truly the case we are all in for a treat as the predecessor of this iron was known as an extremely mid sized cavity back so keeping that the same but importing that performance into this more compact body the ONOFF Forged CB-358 now appeals to the compact CB player as well as the mid sized.

CB358-ONOFF-Forged.jpg

The sole has also been revised it has a much more pronounced leading edge relief grind for people have a little more of a steep entry. It's also a lot shorter from heel to toe like all angles of this iron and more narrow or thin making it a stronger evolution in design that we have seen coming from the 2012 to 2013 versions of this club

ONOFF-Forged-CB-358.jpg

So there you have it our initial impressions on the new CB-358 ONOFF forged iron. It is scheduled to release mid march and the TourSpecGolf will have pre orders up shortly so that our customers can secure as many as possible from the first production run.

Wow, they look fantastic! Dreams do come true, however....

Same forgiveness as the 2013 forged without the tungsten weighting in the CB 358?

Not sure about that but we shall see.

Edited by Baddmnkey

That looks really good..... the reduce offset and sharper toe makes the iron stand out really well at address....

Really great looking irons, love my 2013s. Interested in these for sure.

Never owned anything from OnOff before. This iron might change that. Stellar!

Stronger ball flight producing more spin. CG is higher in the face. They worked to create perimeter waiting in the sole without tungsten to try and keep the forgiveness up.

Shingo is a huge believer that one cannot ever have too much forgiveness, he is even a strong advocate of graphite iron shafts and was one of the first many many years ago to play graphite on tour.

These will be popular but they will be hard pressed to be the best sellers as they are Labospec limited editions and will only be available ins small numbers.

I am waiting for our ONOFF rep to give pricing. They are all custom order so builds at Labospec begin April 1st.

Best looking new iron for 2014.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on ONOFF get with the program and inform your reps on specs/pricing already!

CB-358 w/ Roddio i10s would be so sweet...

They have not set pricing yet for the irons with custom shaft.

They have however released 100 initial sets with NS Pro Prototype Shaft in X exactly as Shingo uses in his specs.

They are saying custom order sets will begin April now so please bear with us as we wait for the pricing as well!

Hmmm, well their decision to wait until April for custom shaft pricing = no bueno!

Might have to try and get the standard shafts.

Edited by Baddmnkey

It's a sharp look and one of the best looking out of the 2014 launches! I love how it got shorter from heel to toe, as I always thought the previous models were a bit too large for me to put in the bag. Should be getting them in the store soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on these?

Still in the midst of pre order.

Nobody has them yet so there are no updates.

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/topic/36381-onoff-labospec-cb358-forged-shingo-tour-limited-model-pre-order-info/

They starting to ship pre-orders out soon? Any indication on when fulfillment will start?

As I notes in the original pre order thread the official release date is mid April but because of demand shipping will vary as each order is built on order. So we are looking at anywhere from mid April to mid May.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a set of 2013s in MCI shaft which i alternate vs AF302s ( pxi ) & Yammy 2012 v tours ( ctapers ).

how does the cb358 play vs the 2013 model ? From what i gather, smaller head, same grooves, less offset ?

thanks

• 1 year later...

Can anyone chime in on the playing differences between the 2013 and the 358?

Edited by Ian-500

Can anyone chime in on the playing differences between the 2013 and the 358?

358 address more upright for me.... Owned both and eventually sold my 358. Apart from the P in the 358, I prefer the look at address of my 13 model