New Miura MB-5005 Blades!

TourSpecGolfer

Miura MB-5005 Muscle Back Irons: it's a more forgiving blade that blends well with the CB-1007 Y-Grind design. Slightly larger than the 5003 with a cut away that removes 15g and redistributes it for more forgiveness.

The official release date is 4/14. Demo's are on the way.

Screen-Shot-2014-02-24-at-7.39.46-PM.png

I suppose there's not much you can do with a blade that hasn't been done before, apart from some interesting designs on the back and this is certainly different. I really like it. To make it the ultimate for me I'd need a sharper toe like the onoff 358 or my Yamaha 2010 tours.

Looks great IMHO. I like how they positioned all the text to make it seem more subtle. The past designs just had it like straight line text across the clubhead and that was cluttered. I would play those over the International MB001.

very intersting idea here . good to see him go a blade style again.

as ususal ill be hard pressed not to get these.in fact theres prob every chance il fai lin my endeavours to curb my carnivourous buying habit for blades...

this is quite appealing to me bec the 5003 are not what id call an easy tho hit set of sticks, hes just eased off abit here by the looks of it, and that CANT be a bad thing. those 5003 are damn hard to love.

i can see a demo on the horizon real soon..................,

That's interesting you say that as the 5003 was my favorite Miura blade. I thought they were forgiving for an MB but then again that was when I was playing at least 3 rounds a week. With steel I couldn't handle them but then i went roddio I-10's they were buttery bliss.

I too am interested in the new MB5003 blades, gonna match them up with graphite once again.

i think 5003 are plenty forgiving for a blade. if you compare them to very old stuff like old hogans or macgregors they certainly are. you guys just got spoiled by all those neo shovel 'blades' of today :) personally i dont like how this new one looks with the meat taken away i dont think its gonna have real blade feel to it. i understand its progress, market and all that good stuff but miura was one of a few who made no gimmicks real blades. on the other hand no one gonna see that cut from address so if they maintain their razor thin top line and invisible offset and it feels and works like a real blade but more forgiving that would be pretty cool.

Definitely a neo blade, less of a focus on feel but more of a focus on ease of use. (not to say the feel won't be good)

They have positioned this between the MB5003 and CB1007 for the player who likes the look and set up of a blade but wants the forgiveness closer to a CB.

This one's interesting... "Blade with a Cavity" like Chris said... The MB5003 was a good combo of feel and workability, if this one has added forgiveness.......wow..

Very interesting blade design. I wonder how that carve-out affects the feel or forgiveness in the center. Would be so much better if they didn't have that Vokey spin-milled style stamping on the toe ;)

I quite like it. It's JDM so it's not a vokey, it's the Sharingan ;)

• 1 month later...

These look fantastic. If only.

post-15035-0-80248100-1396808610_thumb.j

post-15035-0-46978800-1396808686_thumb.j

Edited by Ian-500

RLL?

TSG is now accepting normal spec orders in the pro shop as well as custom craft orders with more/less offset, many finishes, sole grind, etc..

Check it out:

iron_set_img02.jpg

iron_set_img05.jpg

iron_set_img08.jpg

Sorry, RMX, my man -- came within a foot of an ace on 15 last week. ;=]

Congrats... I guess the conversion from Miura to Yamaha is completed.

At least for now... ;=]

As we JDM lovers know, "impermanence is the way..."

I'm sure the answer is no, but I've got to ask. Are these new 5005's available in left handed? My son would love these

• 7 months later...