Gents

Just returned from several days of golf and sun in Florida. Weather was awesome the family had a great time. We left Massachusetts when the temp was 7 degrees Fahrenheit and landed in Orlando where the temp was 77 degrees. My son and I played 3 rounds over 5 days and had a great time. We played the Waldorf Astoria course, The Grand Cyprus New Course and the Ritz Carlton Course. Just fabulous to be able to play golf in February. Those of you that can play golf all year round are truly lucky. I have posted some pics and the last picture is of our house the day we returned.

post-15908-0-56864600-1393287778_thumb.jpost-15908-0-49058800-1393287833_thumb.jpost-15908-0-74910300-1393287851_thumb.jpost-15908-0-72783400-1393287810_thumb.jpost-15908-0-42478400-1393287869_thumb.jpost-15908-0-54911000-1393287930_thumb.jpost-15908-0-37685500-1393287905_thumb.jpost-15908-0-14531700-1393288038_thumb.jpost-15908-0-34939600-1393288014_thumb.jpost-15908-0-76040700-1393287960_thumb.jpost-15908-0-55394100-1393288048_thumb.j

Edited by akapur

Great post ~ thanks for sharing! What a contrast witt the snow in the last pic ~ you can have it!! smiles

Beautiful courses and great photos.

Thanks for sharing, though I doubt we will see any of your home course for a while.

It is much safer in Feb even for Florida. I was there in mid Jan for 4 days and only had one warm day. Even had frost delay at Orange County for 2 hours. But I am going to Scottsdales and Sedona this Thursday for 4 days and three games. Besides LV, this would be my really first desert golf.

ill be there in about a month. Im from Massachusetts and i am just sick of this weather.

Current line up:

Falcons Fire - unlimited play

Metrowest - unlimited play

Grand Cypress - 36 holes

Ritz Carlton - unlimited play

i can't wait! how did you like GC and Ritz Carlton?

Grand cyprus was a lot of fun. My son and I both played very well there and really enjoyed the variety of shots needed on the New Course. Try to get out early as it can back up in the afternoon. We teed off at 8:15 and were done in 3 hours 45 mins. Didn't need driver as the ball would run a lot ,used 3wood off the tee.

The ritz is top notch. Great facility. Excellent staff. My son played for free. Course is fun with some nice tight fairways. When we played there was nobody else on the course. A lot of people skip this course due to cost, but it is worth it.

If you get a chance play the Waldorf course. Great course. Long from the tips and challenging with all the water in play. It is a Resse Jones course.

The weather here in Mass is just crap. Getting away was for sanity sake.

Beautiful courses and great photos.

Thanks for sharing, though I doubt we will see any of your home course for a while.

Craig

My home course is slated to open on April 5th. I don't think that will happen given that I have 2feet of snow in my back yard.

Great pics, Ash! Glad you had a reprieve from that winter white stuff...

Great pics, Ash! Glad you had a reprieve from that winter white stuff...

Richard thanks. The whole family was glad to get away from the snow and cold.

Grand cyprus was a lot of fun. My son and I both played very well there and really enjoyed the variety of shots needed on the New Course. Try to get out early as it can back up in the afternoon. We teed off at 8:15 and were done in 3 hours 45 mins. Didn't need driver as the ball would run a lot ,used 3wood off the tee.

The ritz is top notch. Great facility. Excellent staff. My son played for free. Course is fun with some nice tight fairways. When we played there was nobody else on the course. A lot of people skip this course due to cost, but it is worth it.

If you get a chance play the Waldorf course. Great course. Long from the tips and challenging with all the water in play. It is a Resse Jones course.

The weather here in Mass is just crap. Getting away was for sanity sake.

awesome good to know! i played waldorf last year and really enjoyed it. Grand Cypress we already have 36 booked so hopefully the back 18 wont be too long. then again im on vacation..what else am i going to do?

• 1 month later...

i sit in my house now with cold feet..what a brutal winter in new york

same here. this winter has exhausted me. 1 more week until Orlando and my irons are in pieces at the moment.