Some excited thoughts on my new acquisitions! & Hybrird/Utility Recommendations?

Kamen

So I recently acquired some new to me gear from fellow TSG members and I would like to say a big thank you and share a bit about them. I am still pretty new to the JDM world but man I am totally hooked...and way over budget haha!

I picked up an Epon Zero head. Was an impulse buy and kind of an experiment for me. After much thought I took it to my fitter (shout out to Winston & Chris at Fitgolf) and had it shafted with a Motore F3 playing at 44.5" swing weight at D2. This driver is amazing for me, and easily the best driver I have hit. It's not hard to launch at all and I don't seem to notice any unforgiving nature really. Maybe it's mental but it feels easier to hit than my Miura SIT 460. It sets up wonderful and may be the most beautiful thing I have seen sitting next to the ball. Flight for me is medium high and very penetrating. All my drives so far have been relatively straight almost seeming like no side spin, but this may be myself swinging slow and easy due to the temperature here. Extremely happy with this one and I can't wait to actually take it on a course when it warms up!

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_1_2.jpg

photo_3_2.jpg

I also had my S-Yard XV 3W re-shafted. I really didn't like the feel of the stock rombax shaft so my friend gave me his blueboard and now the wood comes alive and it's freaking amazing. For those who were on the fence about the XV fairway, just put a shaft you like in it and it is amazing! With the blueboard I get a nice penetrating high launch that seems to explode off the face and go forever.

photo_2_2.jpg

I also got a set of Epon 302s which are being re-gripped, extended by 0.25", and swing weighted for myself. I can't wait until these are done and definitely will be my main gamers.

Now I am looking for a better hybrid...been thinking about the Romaro Type R... suggestions anyone?

Here's a pic of the range a few days ago for me :D

photo_1_1.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone!

Edited by Kamen

Nice work -- congrats!

(and condolences on the weather...)

Glad she's working for you :)

So you live in Vancouver and you're dumping your Miura SIT, HB3 and 501's?! That's blasphemy, man!

Seriously, congrats on the new gear. Gotta go with what works.

So you live in Vancouver and you're dumping your Miura SIT, HB3 and 501's?! That's blasphemy, man!

Seriously, congrats on the new gear. Gotta go with what works.

Haha thanks. I'm not dumping them they are like my second set now. I play what I fancy :)

Epon is rare here. I've seen lots of Miura at the Richmond driving range lol

Glad you found gear that works for you. It is a lot of fun trying new things and tinkering with the bag. The Romaro makes an awesome UT.

Nice sticks. I still havent tried any Epon drivers or irons.

You'd have to pry the Miura HB3 from my cold dead fingers... <g>. Just love that club!

You've surely filled your bag with some great JDM equipment. Congrats.

I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on a Romaro Type R hybrid at all. I have them in both18 and 21°, and these things are easy to launch, forgiving, look good and feel good. There's nothing more you can ask of these. They'll be in my bag for a while. Talk to T or Tats; either one of them will fit you right up with the right shaft.

Any other hybrid/utilities you guys can recommend?

I was also looking at the Honma TW717, George Spirits Mono, Tourstage 2013 X-UT Limited, Titleist 2014 VG3, and maybe the 2014 TM Gloire.

Out of all of them the best looking one to me is the Romaro Type R in the black IP finish then maybe the Honma TW717.

However I am not familiar with JDM gear really and if based on what I have read so far I would be inclined to go with the Romaro.