Romaro 2013 Ray V Forged Type R

sgjt4me

anybody have any experience with the Romaro 2013 Ray V Forged Type R irons?

Read the review by T and looks very good!

any input would be great.

thanks

I had the 2013 Romaro V type R irons for about half the season last summer. They are very soft irons with a great feel at impact. They are very forgiving. The distance was average in my mind, even though the hybrids are extremely long compared with other JDM hybrids. Great looks. For me the ball was on the high side but that may have had more to do with the Tour AD iron shafts that were installed. Overall they are a very good set of irons, that give the player forgiveness with exceptional feel and looks.

I picked up a set of these recently. I only have a couple of range sessions and maybe three or four dozen hits with my pitching wedge and eight iron with an indoor monitor. I do agree with Akapur that these aren't super lengthy, but still a bit above average for me. However, forgiveness compared to other heads it's size is unparalleled. Feel is wonderful, too - soft, but solid. Also, these heads respond to shafts very well. I've owned irons like the 2010 VG3s, that launched high for me no matter what shafts I installed. These are much more shaft friendly if that makes sense; high launch shafts go high and vice versa. Apart from performance, the cavity design and charcoal finish look dope!

Not a distance irons but absolutely one of the most forgiving irons I've ever game with.

It had pretty good distance for me, I think a lot of the distance comes down to shaft as well (I play graphite).

But definitely easy to hit!

I borrowed my friend's type R with AD65 and played a game at Sedona Golf Resort in Sedona, Arizona last Friday. The irons were constantly one club longer on all my approach. Then it dawn on me that I was playing at over 4000 ft above sea level. The type R is quite forgiving but no more than my VG3 but in a slightly smaller package. However, it is a very nice club in set up and feel.

post-8082-0-78611700-1394020777_thumb.jp