Removing Paintfill

medic170979

I have two Vokey Raw wedges that I want to remove the paintfill from. Any tips on what would be easiest and what won't damage the clubhead. I also have a set of TM X300 FCI's coming and I'm considering removign the paintfill from those as well if they aren't already done, so any suggestions or opinions on what works best for cb irons would also be appreciated. Thanks!!

Eric

[email protected]

Driver: Nike forged Ti 350 8 degree

3-wood: Callaway Big Bertha Warbird original 15 degree

Irons: Titleist 962b 2-PW

Wedges: Vokey Raw 54 & 60

Putter: Cameron Newport II Pro Platinum

Eric , when I did my 690.MB's all I did was buy some paint remover dumped it into a small bucket and stuck the heads in for around 15 minutes .

Then took a small needle and scraped the paint out .

Most of it fell right off so there was not much scrapping to do .

Just don't put the clubs to far into the remover as you want to keep the ferruls out of the stuff .

Can't remember the name of the stuff I used but it was in a liquid form .

Also don't breath too much of it in as you can get quite high from the stuff I used ;silly

Thanks, I'll head out to Home Depot later and get some goodies. Also, I'll let everyone know how my "trip" was after I huff the fumes for a while lol!

Oh, I forgot to add, anyone do anything that did cause some damage to the finish of the club so I know what not to do???

I used jell but used a hobby paint brush to apply - 15 minutes then used a small stiff brush to remove. Do not get it on the ferrules.

No damage at all - great look.

And buy the smallest amount possible - I only used a shot glass for all my irons.

What I did was dip the irons into small bucket of acetone and left in for about 15 minutes then took a TOOTHPICK and paint just came right off and no damage at all. But remember IMPORTANT keep the acetone away from the furrels though. I did this to my MP-33s a couple of months ago and they came out perfect. IMHO they look much better with no paintfill.

Get some stuff called Citristrip Paint and Varnish remover. It is a foam that comes in a spray can. Spray it on and wait 5-10 minutes and scrubb with a plastic bristled brush. Doesn't affect the finish and works great. Alot better than acetone or nail polish remover. All paint comes off easily the first go round. Bought mine at Wal-Mart.

Hey Kyle, stuff worked great.....thanks. Picked it up for like 5 bucks at Walmart along with a 1 dollar brush. Came home, sprayed it on and let it sit for 20-30mins, and voilla!!, all the paintfill came off with very little elbow grease and the whole thing left a very pleasant orange odor lol.

Hey Kyle, stuff worked great.....thanks. Picked it up for like 5 bucks at Walmart along with a 1 dollar brush. Came home, sprayed it on and let it sit for 20-30mins, and voilla!!, all the paintfill came off with very little elbow grease and the whole thing left a very pleasant orange odor lol.

could you post some pics of the vokey's without the paintfill...

if you want I can host them for you... [email protected]

What I did was dip the irons into small bucket of acetone and left in for about 15 minutes then took a TOOTHPICK and paint just came right off and no damage at all. But remember IMPORTANT keep the acetone away from the furrels though. I did this to my MP-33s a couple of months ago and they came out perfect. IMHO they look much better with no paintfill.

Ditto... that's how we do it too. Acetone does wonders for sure. Definitely keep it away from the ferrules though, it'll eat them away.

Robbie

could you post some pics of the vokey's without the paintfill...

if you want I can host them for you... [email protected]

Sorry Pete, I hadn't checked this post in a while. I can post them, just give me a day or two to take them. My Vokey 54 which is the black nickel looks much better without the paintfill. The 60 degree is a raw and you can't really tell all that much that the paintfill is removed due to the rusting of the club. But in any case, I'd be glad to post them.

Well now, if you are giving out some loving, I am the one that started the thread. lol

Here ya guys go:

vokey%2054%201.jpg

3%20clubs.jpg

irons%203.jpg

vokey%2060%201.jpg

Oh yeah, here's one of my caddy:

my%20caddy.jpg

sorry about the size lol