I'm considering Mizuno yoro craft irons.

Kekoa

Hi guys,

Ever since joinging this site a few months ago, I've been in the search of the ultimate jdm irons. I rarely like to buy stuff off the shelf. I much prefer the 'cool' custom stuff. Been trading tons of emails with Tario and it seems like Mizuno Yoro Craft will be the way to go.

Right now I'm thinking of a combo set consisting of the following:

3-4 Irons (MP-H4)

6-PW (MP-64)

- Minimized off-set

- Squared off toes

I'm really having issues picking a finish. I've always wanted black irons so leaning towards flat or gloss black. The wear issue bothers me a bit so twilight or double nickle are also heavy on my mind.

I'd love to hear some more opions on those who have yoro craft irons and how they have been holding up after seasons of play.

the resale of yoro craft is not very good and they seem to be very delicate.....wear shows really fast and the metal is soft and will pick up dings from the smallest pebbles......They are exquisite when they are brand new but keep in mind the weak points of this as well.

the resale of yoro craft is not very good and they seem to be very delicate.....wear shows really fast and the metal is soft and will pick up dings from the smallest pebbles......They are exquisite when they are brand new but keep in mind the weak points of this as well.

Point taken but isnt this true of any top shelf forged iron set?

yeah there is a lot of truth to that but i have never seen such poor resale as Yoro Mp64......not only was the price discounted to 1/3 after 4 rounds of use with head covers but there was zero interest at that price....i would have had to list the set for $400 to generate any interest !

however i do see your point, if these are the irons you want to play, it is totally worth it. I love my Copper Epons and if resale was $100, it would not bother me much because i am keeping these in the bag until they wear out !!!!

Edited by robbie

Yoros are made for you, to your taste. To a persons specific taste, so of course it won't be easy selling them on. It's like trying to sell a custom tailored suit, also not many takers.

But I would think that anybody that is interested in a custom set of irons, where you can customise to the level Yoro offers, would not be terribly worried about resale value? In that case, buy a second hand set of Ebay, if resale value is of importance. As for being delicate, are the Yoro Mizunos more delicate than standard Mizunos? If you chose a plated finish? Sounds unlikely, but I have never owned a Yoro set, so I wouldn't know.

Edited by Vegaman

I don't think Robbie would be too concern about the resale value when he ordered it but just an observation of fact. Somehow the resale is much worse than say Epons. I can certainly understand if one puts a name on the irons but simple customize as the grind or finishes shouldn't be much of an issue. Or is it just brand related?

Purchasing a set for resale value is not why we do this dance. We buy it to play and hope not to take too much of a bath if it isn't for us.

I think there are many brand/type combinations that take a harder hit in the resale than others and Mizuno suffers more so than others. Look at Yamaha as an example. Tour irons, resale is great or at least historically has been but the drivers not as much. Also ONOFF, their irons do pretty well but a UT not really. I would argue that most brands other than Epon, rightly or wrongly, have some winners and losers. The BST and resale prices reflect that.

I don't think Robbie would be too concern about the resale value when he ordered it but just an observation of fact. Somehow the resale is much worse than say Epons. I can certainly understand if one puts a name on the irons but simple customize as the grind or finishes shouldn't be much of an issue. Or is it just brand related?

From what i see no matter how JDM mizuno is most jdm users consider them quasi-usdm

And the more fanatical jdmers will avoid them totally. Note This is just an observation of mine

From the buying preferences of my local jdm circle.

Edited by Spoon

From what i see no matter how JDM mizuno is most jdm users consider them quasi-usdm

And the more fanatical jdmers will avoid them totally. Note This is just an observation of mine

From the buying preferences of my local jdm circle.

Yeah, true. The fact that they are sold at a lower price in the EU/US market, with the same model name and all, probably "dillutes" the JDM'ness of them a bit. Plus, you really have to know your stuff to even know about the Yoro Mizunos.

I would highly recommend seeing a double nickel finished Yoro club in person before ordering them.

Actually those in the link you provided look like satin.....the mp33s and the mp64 that i listed in the BST were double nickel satin

I was just posting the link for a visual of in the bag. Also it gives a name of someone to PM for real user feedback if he so chose.

the double nickels have a bit of rose gold color to them

post-1360-0-18081800-1396038418_thumb.jp

post-1360-0-07117200-1396038528_thumb.jp

Edited by robbie

Why resale it if it built just for you. I have a set mp69 in twilight finished. Love it. The cradanship in Yoro products are second to none even the big names JDM like Epon. You'll get the same set of irons as Luke Donald!!

yeah there is a lot of truth to that but i have never seen such poor resale as Yoro Mp64......not only was the price discounted to 1/3 after 4 rounds of use with head covers but there was zero interest at that price....i would have had to list the set for $400 to generate any interest !

however i do see your point, if these are the irons you want to play, it is totally worth it. I love my Copper Epons and if resale was $100, it would not bother me much because i am keeping these in the bag until they wear out !!!!

I'm with you on the Copper Epons. I love this set. If you want a head turner, that is seldom seen, consider the Copper Epons. Only down side is slightly more offset than I would prefer, but I have gotten used to that.

post-15433-0-51491800-1396100077_thumb.j

I'm with you on the Copper Epons. I love this set. If you want a head turner, that is seldom seen, consider the Copper Epons. Only down side is slightly more offset than I would prefer, but I have gotten used to that.

attachicon.gifIMG_2070.JPG

Rarer in lefty!

Rarer in lefty!

True. Wonderful clubs. I don't see myself ever selling these ones.

How do u keep your coppers looking so new ????? mine have only about 5 rounds or so and already have leading edge wear