nobmontana's 2014 season starter WITB

nobmontana

We actually had a couple of nice days earlier this week and the course I have membership with officially opened for the season!

Then we got snowed again yesterday. :(

Today the sun is working hard to melt down the snow, but does not look like I'll have another golfing day until mid next week. Golf life in Montana...

Anyway, today, I decided to take some pictures of my bags.

First, my 2014 season gamer. Got it very close to a single brand bag other than the putter.

Not a lot of Mizzy putters that I would be confident enough to game. Was thinking about the MP Craft S103 from a few years ago, but they are harder to find these days.

Notable shift in this bag is that I am trying out the "no hybrid" idea. Last couple years I have had rough time hooking shots using a hybrid. Perhaps I did not explore enough of other options ... but I've decided to start the season with my 3 and 4 irons which are more forgiving pocket cavity MP-54s.

Don't have enough time yet with the woods to say much about them, but will provide a review in a couple of weeks.

Driver: MP Craft 513 9.5* / Rombax Prototype 80B S-flex

Fairway: '14 MP FW 17* / Rombax P95 S-flex

Irons: 3,4 MP-54 / DG X100 softstepped

5-PW MP-4 / DG X100 softstepped

Wedges: 50* & 56* MP-R4 / DG Wedge

Putter: Odyssey Japan White Rize #5 V-Line

post-14163-0-60992600-1396026196_thumb.j

Second, my back up / "will game it when I get older" bag

I love these Yoro MP-33s! They are perfect with the NS Pro 1150s. I still rate these as the best irons Mizuno produced. It is really too bad they don't make them any more.

A Rare MP Craft 425 driver in 8.5* ... softest feeling driver to date. Period!

These heads were a bit spinny but combined with the Waccine shaft, it is perfect.

These wedges and putter are vintage Gold's. They really look hand made which I like about them.

Bag: Mackenzie Leather Bag

Driver: MP Craft 425 8.5* / Waccine GR-77 S-flex

Fairway: ( 2010 MP Titanium 16.5* / ZCom Pro95 S-flex ) To be delivered soon..

Irons: 4 MP Fli Hi Utility / Project X 5.5

5-PW MP-33 Yoro Custom / NS Pro 1150GH Tour S- flex

Wedges: 52* & 58* Gold's Factory Copper / NS Pro 1050GH Black Ion finish S-flex

Putter: Gold's Factory Prototype T-102 / NS Pro XXIP-B2 heavy putter shaft

post-14163-0-92610500-1396027453_thumb.jpost-14163-0-67462300-1396026428_thumb.jpost-14163-0-16984700-1396026485_thumb.jpost-14163-0-93184700-1396026509_thumb.j

Edited by nobmontana

Got to say nob, I prefer your back up bag more.

I do too. :)

I typically end up putting easily replaceable clubs in my gamer.

I only use the backup set like once or twice a year. They're too nice to play regularly.

Love your backup bag, it is a classic filled with beautiful clubs, even the bag itself is a work of art !!!.....(haha i know where u can get a backup of those yoro mp33s)

Love your backup bag, it is a classic filled with beautiful clubs, even the bag itself is a work of art !!!.....(haha i know where u can get a backup of those yoro mp33s)

Yeah, I was really fighting to resist that one.

Yeah i'm drooling over those MP33's, simple and clean looking small compact blade with minimal stampings.

I wish Mizuno just let us do completely no logo.

Kind of like this one but in satin finish.

http://www.g-pocket.jp/shopdetail/005002000031/005/X/page2/order/

This was designed and planned by Golf Digest Japan and produced by Royal Collection.

Clean simple and no nonsense.

if u remove that blue paint fill on your satin 33s, it will be very very close to those !!!

Edited by robbie

• 3 weeks later...

Speechless on the back up bag....much better than some of the stuff I woke up with when I was a young bloke...

• 1 month later...

Minor update:

Had to take it a notch down overall with the shafts for better feel and contact.

I guess I don't swing as hard anymore! :) a bit sad but what can I do....

Still trying to dial in on the fw wood and utility shafts.

Driver: MP Craft 513 9.5* / Diamana 10th Anniv. S Limited 70

Fairway: '10 MP Titanium 16.5* / Rombax Prototype 80B

Utility: MP-H4 18* / NS Pro 1150GH Tour

Irons: 3,4 MP-54 / NS Pro 1150GH Tour

5-PW MP-4 / NS Pro 1150GH Tour

Wedges: 50* & 56* MP-R4 / NS Pro 1150GH Tour

Putter: Odyssey Japan White Rize ix #5 V-Line

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update:

Had to take it a notch down overall with the shafts for better feel and contact.

I guess I don't swing as hard anymore! :) a bit sad but what can I do....

Still trying to dial in on the fw wood and utility shafts.

Driver: MP Craft 513 9.5* / Diamana 10th Anniv. S Limited 70

Fairway: '10 MP Titanium 16.5* / Rombax Prototype 80B

Utility: MP-H4 18* / NS Pro 1150GH Tour

Irons: 3,4 MP-54 / NS Pro 1150GH Tour

5-PW MP-4 / NS Pro 1150GH Tour

Wedges: 50* & 56* MP-R4 / NS Pro 1150GH Tour

Putter: Odyssey Japan White Rize ix #5 V-Line

The 425 is by even today's standard awesome, the 513 is one of the best drivers available right now, the craft series has always had such a nice feel at impact and straighter flight.

What shaft are you playing now or did you just go down in flex?

Unreal bag by the way. The putter is classic golds, the flat face, you can still feel the metal.

The 425 is by even today's standard awesome, the 513 is one of the best drivers available right now, the craft series has always had such a nice feel at impact and straighter flight.

What shaft are you playing now or did you just go down in flex?

Unreal bag by the way. The putter is classic golds, the flat face, you can still feel the metal.

Thanks Chris! 

Mizuno nailed it with the 513. 611 was very demanding when it came to workability. very sensitive to slight changes.

then came the H4 which was more or less a game improvement driver in MP Craft disguise. Not a lot of workability but easy to hit.

I feel that the 513 has the best balance of forgiveness and workability. Just the right amount of workability.

As for the shaft, I went from an A'hina 70S to the Diamana S Limited 70 S and it is working magic for me.

With the A'hina, my ball occasionally leaked to the right, but with the S Limited, it is either straight or a baby draw.

and I can still cut the ball for a fade when I want to. Such a well designed shaft! Feels completely neutral ( I mean in a very good way )

and I love the Ion Blue finish. Better looking and durable than the chrome Basileus Z.

For the irons, I had X100 soft stepped but was too much shaft for me. so I reshafted with 1150GH in Stiff. I can confirm these are my favorite iron shafts.

I am now waiting on some WV 115 shafts that I will use with my wedges since the 1150 really does not provide enough backspin.

The walker bag is full of nostalgia. :) I am not changing anything in that bag.

I've thought about sending in the putter for a facial makeover, but I think it looks and feels good as it is.