Add me to the list....

stevopagolf

Went to the range for the 1st time this season. Winter was loooooong here in Philly. Range opened on Friday for the first time all year.

Took my winter acquired S-Yard XV 5 wood with stock stiff shaft. I have been staring at it in my office for months.

All I can say is WOW. Super easy to hit, hit it medium high with a boring trajectory. Possibly as long as my 2013 Romaro Type R 3 wood, the head combo with the longer Fuji stock shaft (club length is nearly identical to my Romaro) gets it out there and was easy off the deck.

Great looking head, not too big, not too small, same with the shallowness of the head. It is a great club, if you are looking for a versatile fairway, the S-Yard 5 wood is probably all you need.

Count me in as joining the S-Yard XV fan club!

It's one of the best FWs of 2013, simply special in feel, flight and dispersion.

Goes to show we can have a penetrating and stable trajectory with such a shallow face.

Agree, and the 3-wd is all that plus LONGER!

Haven't hit my XV 3 wood yet.....!

XV is definitely one of the best FW I've game with in a couple years.

How does it compare to the Egg Spoon? I've tried a few different FW, but haven't found anything that is as easy to hit than the Egg Spoon. I could have sold it 3x to my playing partners, but I just can't bear to part with it...until I find something better. Is this something better?

I've tried the Egg 1st and 2nd generation and now XV is firmly in my bag. Ball launch from egg is more penetrating and also too easy to hit it thin (for me anyway) due to the very light head. I've also tried Ryoma F3 but it's just too big and for me XV is spot on in terms of size, feel and forgiveness...

How does it compare to the Egg Spoon? I've tried a few different FW, but haven't found anything that is as easy to hit than the Egg Spoon. I could have sold it 3x to my playing partners, but I just can't bear to part with it...until I find something better. Is this something better?

I played the Egg Spoon before. I prefer the looks of the XV. I also prefer the heavier weight and it is better off the tee. 90% as easy as the Egg Spoon. XV was slightly longer for me.

Edited by stevopagolf

No experience with the yamaha