The New Honma PP-101 and PP-102 Putters

XF5A0800.jpg

For those of you who haven't heard we are highlighting Honma this week @TSG! Today the new PP-101 & PP-102 putters and they are works of art. Each available in two different finishes, bright nickel platinum & dark nickel black dye. It's body is CNC milled of forged carbon steel, it features two tungsten weights on the sole at each end, the face insert is milled of SUS304 and you have your choice of a black or red emblem inside the cavity and on the face.

XF5A1297.jpg

As far as manufacturing goes this putter has some nice small touches, notice the gold ring where the shaft meets the hosel, or the B-logo sight dot, it's emblems. The word I would use is polished, it's simply well designed, solid performing and just feels sublime at impact. Honma could have saved money and excluded these features yet still produce a very nice product, but these guys aren't playing games, no corners cut here.

XF5A0867.jpg

It's gripped with Honma's version of Golf Prides "tour classic putter grip" made of rubber and both the PP101 & PP102 are only available in 34" with a retail price just shy of $600 usd. Expensive yes but considering what you get and the crafting involved in making a piece like this we think it's well worth the money. I don't have pictures of the nickel platinum finish yet those are on the way, for me this dark dye finish hits the mark and is just stunning in person. Now available in the TSG ProShop

XF5A0816.jpg

xf5a0802.jpg

xf5a0813.jpg

xf5a0841.jpg

xf5a1294.jpg

xf5a1307.jpg

xf5a1311.jpg

xf5a1319.jpg

xf5a1321.jpg

xf5a1332.jpg

xf5a0858.jpg

I have to say that you have a very talented photo shooting skill C !!

I've been looking at these putters for a while but I never want them so badly until I saw all the pictures in this forum.

I have to say that you have a very talented photo shooting skill C !!

I've been looking at these putters for a while but I never want them so badly until I saw all the pictures in this forum.

Thank you! I appreciate that It wasn't always this way but after 13 years of it naturally one will improve.

This dark dye finish is very pretty. It seems to be pretty shiny already though. I wonder how much more polished or shinier the bright nickel will be.

Notice how different angles the finish appears differently, it's a beautiful no doubt.

I will be getting the other finish in for pictures in a couple of weeks. It looks to be different than the usual nickel satin finish we normally see on putters.

Not a fan of putters. I usually keep 1 for years but I do love that Honma mallet. Just stunning. Who knows, I may have to get one.

C, do you know the swing weight and head weight? I didn't see the spec on the online store.

I'm loving that mallet as well. Very classy!

Wow, those look amazing. Almost too nice to game ... almost.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...