Keeping it REAL... FAKE!

Fake-Golf-Clubs.jpg

There is fake everything now days, then there are "super copies" that make even the fakes look fake. They say fake golf clubs make up nearly 10% of the equipment market worldwide, thats a pretty staggering number. Look above they copied most of the brands TSG has promoted and all it is designed to do is look like the real thing, not play or perform and that's such a pity because there is at least some capability behind making these.

People new to the JDM scene don't know all the nuances of Japanese quality, finishing or exactly how the product should look in hand, it only makes sense for the fakers to go after this market. It's exclusive, expensive, and these smaller Japanese brands don't look or in most cases even care or have the ability to do something about it.

Many fakes are cast out of recycled materials even if they say forged on them. In fact I have never seen a forged fake before. I'm intrigued to be honest, I'd like to see what the process is. It's obvious they use CNC machines and they must be able to make cheap molds and utilize some sort of plating facility.

Anyway are your clubs in here? It would be fun to put the fake version against the real on the trackman one day.

That Yururi is scarily good. Doubt I could tell the difference looking at a picture.......

I'd like to have someone point out the flaws in these so we know what to look for.

Hopefully all my clubs either bought here at TSG or directly in Japan :)

Chris, what dose those stroe no. stand for? Is that a way to tell it's fake or not?

They normally take pictures of the real clubs for advertisement purpose, so they all looks nice. You will only see actual ones (fake) at delivery !

They normally take pictures of the real clubs for advertisement purpose, so they all looks nice. You will only see actual ones (fake) at delivery !

Every single club in this thread is a fake. None of these are real.

• 3 weeks later...

We have been getting customers saying they are now into JDM and bought a Ryoma maxima online and are asking if it's legit. The majority have been fakes recently. We work with Ryoma to track these to the point of original purchase.

Another big one lately is fake Crazy Shafts:

Top Shaft = Fake

nise13_01.jpg

nise13_02.jpg

nise13_03.jpg

nise13_04.jpg

Top Shaft = Real:

nise_04.jpg

nise_01.jpg

nise_02.jpg

nise_03.jpg

wow....is there a way to confirm the legitimacy of a club? Especially the ones we purchase 2nd hand...honestly can't tell the difference

wow....is there a way to confirm the legitimacy of a club? Especially the ones we purchase 2nd hand...honestly can't tell the difference

Best way is to post it in our forum with nice clear pictures if you are in doubt.

Holy crap! Makes me thankful I only buy my JDM from TSG or trusted members!

• 2 weeks later...

What about a site like Yahoo Japan???

There are a few sets of Epon SUS316 and Personals up for sale, It seems like a prime pieces to fake and put up.

There is never any guarantee but one looks at the seller's past record and rating. It's a judgement call at the end but Yahoo Japan is better than other site. Some diligent has to be exercise such as look at pictures whether they were used by multiple sellers, i.e. same item, same pictures but different sellers. This is usually a giveaway.