Keeping it REAL... FAKE!

More fakes on eBay....sigh. These are absolutely horrendous knock offs of the Epon AF tour.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=161283433310

Edited by Jeffrey Tan

You sure they are fake. Lol. Better check em' out first.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spotted these. Fake fake fake. Beware of this seller in future: epon personal blades. Be great if someone can report this to eBay. I am across the other side of the world and time zones don't match.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281383680593

Edited by Jeffrey Tan

Just spotted these. Fake fake fake. Beware of this seller in future: epon personal blades. Be great if someone can report this to eBay. I am across the other side of the world and time zones don't match.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281383680593

I was really close to bidding on those, but was curious about them being legit. I asked if they still had the paint fill since I couldn't tell with the B&W photos, and where he bought them from. He replied that they still had the fill, but no mention of where he bought them. The weight stickers look different than ones I've seen on other Epons (had target and actual weight), plus something on the non-chrome or shiny part just doesn't look right to me.

The number stamping doesn't look authentic re: Epon Facebook has comparison pictures. I asked him to send more pictures of the inside of the hosel ...real one being serrated on the inside and the serial number stamping but no luck. I have been suckered by fakes goods before but rather take the loss on the chin than cheat someone else. Looking for gear on TSG might be the safest way , scary I was looking at these heads too.

Hey Jeffrey, you've already got a set of Tours - let me grab the next ones up :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Lol yeah I am getting to be a perennial jdm Club Ho. But no problems. I actually bought hutchy's Tours.

But I think I have a long way to go compared to the likes of hutchy ot supo67.

Golly someone just bid $1430 for rubbish fakes.

Edited by Jeffrey Tan

• 2 weeks later...

We have a new one and this one was from a good TSG customer, fake serial number and all.

attachicon.gifryoma-damage.jpeg

attachicon.gifryoma serial number.jpeg

Wow, how did that happen? I don't think that damage comes only from hitting balls, does it? Some force must have been applied to that.

Since it is damaged anyway, it would be interesting to see how the club looks from the inside. How does the face look like? Does it have variable thickness? Is there a 60g weight in the back (DSI)?.

Please cut it open and post pictures.

We had the customer ship it to Ryoma, they have it now.

Unfortunately there is no single directory with serial numbers for any brand.

If it's purchased from TSG it's legit, also if you have an item in question we can always ask the OEM directly.

i got sold a fake ryoma . chairman took it back immediatly and repalced it with a brand new one

sensational service.

thi driver said 8.5* was a 10.75!

they didnt blink an eyelid

ryoma are excellent.

Sold by whom?

• 1 month later...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221552208462

If you go to the Epon site you can tell they have a list of items you should check. These fakes the number stamping doesn't look quite right. Only the 7i should have the forged and serial number this set has it right through. Can see the forged serial stamping to see how close it resembles the originals. The shape of the curve is totally off and the finish is not right .....Warning Fakes!!!'

• 1 month later...

Are you suspecting this one on eBay is a fake? If so, what give it away?

I also saw that earlier.

Fake because of the rough edges between the

Muscle part and matte part. Supposed to be smooth with no rough transition

Also the muscle looks brushed instead of bright nickel chrome finish.

I also saw that earlier.

Fake because of the rough edges between the

Muscle part and matte part. Supposed to be smooth with no rough transition

Also the muscle looks brushed instead of bright nickel chrome finish.

Wow, I never would have been able to pickup on that. These fakes are getting ridiculous. This is why I always try to buy new or from reputable individuals. I would much rather pay a little bit more and be confident that I have legit gear.

Wow, I never would have been able to pickup on that. These fakes are getting ridiculous. This is why I always try to buy new or from reputable individuals. I would much rather pay a little bit more and be confident that I have legit gear.

Once you have had real irons like 302 and personals it's quite easy to spot the fakes.

Most of the fake epons will try to throw you off by putting in fancy shafts. I saw one set of personals with program 130 ozik.

Some will use dirty tactics and use original heads and ship you fakes. They are hoping you don't notice and if one were to complain they will simply say sorry I dint know and send you the real set. Most though never can tell and never complain

Maybe I should buy one for cheap n then complain so they will shipped me the real one :-)