Guys,

Any great golf course to recommand in HK area.

Let's say 1 hour driving distance from Central? No idea about the traffic during the weekend...

Thanks !

I played at the Hong Kong Golf club with a fellow TSGer when I was there.

He might chime in and help you out.

Very nice course and an even better host

It is worth playing.

Dont know about any of the others.

I was the one that golfed with Craig a couple years ago. There are 4 private clubs in Hong kong and one public course with 3 18 holes. Besides the public course which basically anyone can play anytime if you can secure a tee time; with the exception of HKGC which welcomes general public to play with certain time allotments from Monday to Friday, I believe that other private clubs might be more difficult to secure tee time if you are not a guest of a member. All private clubs do not allow public play on the weekends and public holidays. Having said that, HKGC would allow an overseas visitor on the weekend if he or she is a guest of a full member. While there are many courses across the border in China, golfing on weekend is also challenging and costly now also for a non member.

Besides hkgc, there're Clearwater bay and discovery bay. Both permit non members during weekdays only, green fees about $200. Only public course is at sai Kung (1hr drive), but you need register online first and I think you can book 7 days in advance. It's a great course with awesome views. Let me know if you have any questions

I live here in HK ... take a look at Kau Sai Chau www.kscgolf.org.hk

This is the public one; which you can play after making a registration through the phone ONLY (use your passport and follow the instructions). Actually 4 courses on an island accessible from a ferry in Sai Kung. From Central to Sai Kung about 30~40mins. The Ferry about 20mins. You need to do booking in advance and it is quite busy any day of the week not to say during the weekends. You can book 1 week in advance if you plan to play on weekend.

Discovery Bay (DB), Fanling (HKGC), Clear water Bay and Shek-O Golf Club you can only play weekdays by invitation of a member.

You can rent a membership for the DB (highly suggested depending on your budget). From Central it is a 25 mins ferry + a 5 mins bus.

One more side option is the 9 holes at the Airport (good for practicing / par3 with 2 short par4) which doesn't require a membership.

Then; you can always head to China which you will have plenty of choices but it will be easily more than one hour from Central (to Shenzhen to Dongguan, to Zhuhai etc...)

Cheers and enjoy golfing!!!

Edited by mauvanilla

I think for ksc, it's more like a $100 or under.

North Course is slightly cheaper because you have to use a trolley or carry your bag ... if I am not wrong it is HKD690. For East it is about HKD800~900, Haven't played South for a while so I cant help too much with prices, sorry.