Ryoma Putters Now Available Here!

The Ryoma Putters should be up in the proshop today or tomorrow but for now we will offer forum members with over 100 posts first dibs and a special price. If your interested please email [email protected] (no PM's please).

I've been rolling the new Ryoma Putters for 3 rounds now, I'm about to hand them off to Tatsuro so he can give it a go and post his feedback in the forums.

When we first saw these putters in person at Ryoma's head office in Shinjuku they were just prototypes and did not look nearly as refined as the this retail version. I was pleasantly surprised to see the many improvements and even in feel since I hit i first hit them several months ago.

Some people think anser style putters are all the same, this one is definitely different even if we left out it's radical face insert, the actual putter shape, and bulges are fresh, I like it's angles, it's slightly bigger than your usual anser as well.

Then this wonderful face, so Ryoma doesn't come out and say exactly what it is it's their own special material. It has a weird click yet soft (in a very good way) feel to it, I remember my very first round after a few holes I thought it's ok and not bad but by the end of that round I noticed poorly struck shots had made it almost pin high where as normally I get penalized, could this be a more forgiving anser putter? I also noticed against my other putter with the same stroke it was a little shorter in distance. I also feel like the ball would move left to right less than normal and it was easier to hit straight.

As Stew put it best, clicky and springy. I get it, you will too when if you get the chance. Stew also enjoyed it after only 15 minutes with it. To me the more I play it the more I enjoy it and find it unique.

The reason why it's unique is this very thin face insert it's 0.9mm thick with some very light and unusual milling marks, behind that face there is a very shallow oval cavity.

The putter head is made if SUS303 while the face is listed as "special alloy" I have no clue but I think it's a blend, at impact I feel aluminum mixed with something else... who knows I could be totally wrong.

Anyway by the end of the 2nd round I was convinced it is the most forgiving and consistent anser putter I have ever hit. I'm on to the mallet now will post my thoughts in a few more rounds.

XF5A2723-900x600.jpg

XF5A2742-900x600.jpg

XF5A3004-900x600.jpg

XF5A2987-900x600.jpg

XF5A2737-900x600.jpg

XF5A2830-900x600.jpg

XF5A2658-900x600.jpg

XF5A2634-900x600.jpg

XF5A2684-900x600.jpg

XF5A2685-900x600.jpg

XF5A2702-900x600.jpg

XF5A2736-900x600.jpg

XF5A2764-900x600.jpg

These putters are looking good. I'm excited to try them out. The "Special Alloy" face sounds interesting. I have an Aluminum head Ping putter and loved the totally different feel it provided. I'll think bring it out and compare them.

Here's the link to our listings:

P3- http://www.tourspecgolf.com/ryoma-2014-p3-putter

M3- //www.tourspecgolf.com/ryoma-2014-m3-putter

A pic of the Mallet at address would be nice please and what is the toe hang of the Mallet?

and this is post # 2,000 for me.

Does special price mean $10 off for every 100 post after the first 100? That would be nice wouldn't it.

Would you show an address view of mallet C, I'll definitely go for it just can't design if I should go for blade or mallet.

Would you show an address view of mallet C, I'll definitely go for it just can't design if I should go for blade or mallet.

Shucks! Of all angles to forget. Sorry about that.

I will do a blog post on these this weekend and will include the top view of the mallet. These are phenomenal and addictive putters so far. I'm 5 holes into the mallet now and it's like the answer but in a different head shape and more forgiveness. The mallet wants to go straighter on poorly struck putts than the answer does but the anser does provide a little more feel if you need to left to right or right to left a put purposely.

Shucks! Of all angles to forget. Sorry about that.

I will do a blog post on these this weekend and will include the top view of the mallet. These are phenomenal and addictive putters so far. I'm 5 holes into the mallet now and it's like the answer but in a different head shape and more forgiveness. The mallet wants to go straighter on poorly struck putts than the answer does but the anser does provide a little more feel if you need to left to right or right to left a put purposely.

will be looking forward to see those pics on the weekend.

A couple of these were sent to golds for some magic...

can't wait to see how it goes.

Edited by tokidoki1986

A pic of the Mallet at address would be nice please and what is the toe hang of the Mallet?

and this is post # 2,000 for me.

Congrats on 2k idrive! Thank's for everything!

Received my Anser style Ryoma putter this week. Tried it out on the mat at home and then on the practice green at the club.

First impression is that it has a very unique feel, not sure how to describe it. Stew and Chris called it springy and clicky, I guess that may be the right way to describe the feel. The ball rolls very true off the face. The finish is nice and fits well with the overall aesthetics of the putter. Cover has a plastic appearance, but is not a deal breaker.

My only wish is that the overall head weight be higher then it is. I think having Gold's help increase the overall weight without changing the face and finish is the way I may go with this.

Will post later this week after trying it out on the course.

Received my Anser style Ryoma putter this week. Tried it out on the mat at home and then on the practice green at the club.

First impression is that it has a very unique feel, not sure how to describe it. Stew and Chris called it springy and clicky, I guess that may be the right way to describe the feel. The ball rolls very true off the face. The finish is nice and fits well with the overall aesthetics of the putter. Cover has a plastic appearance, but is not a deal breaker.

My only wish is that the overall head weight be higher then it is. I think having Gold's help increase the overall weight without changing the face and finish is the way I may go with this.

Will post later this week after trying it out on the course.

ash how is the ryoma grip? have a mallet coming my way and am supposed to install my default super stroke grip

ash how is the ryoma grip? have a mallet coming my way and am supposed to install my default super stroke grip

C

The grip is very nice looking

Traditional pistol grip

Tacky feel

I probably will change grip to something that suits my eye more

Ash is right it's a really nice grip it's just on the sticky side.

C

The grip is very nice looking

Traditional pistol grip

Tacky feel

I probably will change grip to something that suits my eye more

I found these putters to be some of the best on faster greens.

Chris you are right this is a nice putter on quick greens as the ball rolls very true off the face. I believe the insert and groove pattern in the face get the ball rolling quickly and on line so you end up with a better chance to make the putt.

Ash, Chris, others,

Would you still describe the insert as aluminum. like in feel? I'm curious about this putter, but every aluminum based insert I've ever tried has not been to my liking.

Richard

I don't believe it is aluminum.The website describes it as a "Special Alloy", whatever that is. The face feels much nicer then aluminum inserts. Contact with the ball feels explosive with a great roll. Aluminum inserts cause the ball to jump off the face which effects the line the ball is supposed to travel on. This putter the balls starts quickly down the line with a good roll. Stew and Chris described the contact or face to be "springy", I feel that is a fair assessment. For the price it is a good putter to have. Some of us may need to tweak the specs to fit our tastes but as a base this is a good place to start.

Thanks, Ash. Agree with you totally about aluminum pops, not to mention the tinny tinny sound... I guess this is different, so I'm trying to get a handle on what it is. Is it similar to those Callaway type white inserts ? Or closer to a milled feel? Cally also has something they call Metal-X which I like better than their other inserts. but in general I guess I'm more of a milled feel and sound kinda guy.

Richard I also prefer milled putter faces. That is why the Gold's milling is my favorite type of putter face. This is a milled face and insert, sort of a hybrid. I know it sounds odd. But it rolls like a milled face, and has the push of a metal insert. It has a less metallic sound and softer feel. It is almost an hard to explain until you try it. When you try this putter you instantly get what i am trying to describe. Below is a close up of my putter face.

post-15908-0-75851300-1401575084_thumb.j

Edited by akapur