PRGR "SUPER" EGG IRON

Va_super_egg_iron.png

The new PRGR Super Egg Iron, pretty interesting I was about to brush it off until I say the minimal offset and wondered if PRGR is on to something. #Powered by Eggs #Ilikeinnovation

ImgAng1L.jpgImgAng2L.jpg

ImgAng3L.jpg

ImgAng4L.jpg

ImgMain1.jpg

That's different. Hibore like without the solid back.

The egg's have always had very little offset and this is because they treat it as a utility type iron in the sense that it is a cross between a utility WOOD and iron.

Previous models had nearly straight necks as well:

eggiron5.jpg

Like all egg irons it's designed for max distance and forgiveness.

Can only agree with Stew.

I have the previous 2 versions of these. All versions have minimal offset and play very neutral. The 1st version was basically an extension of the EGG utilities WITH THE IBRID head shape.. This posed a problem with the short irons around the green. The sole was too wide and clunky to be effective. The FORCE OF EGG 2013 VERSION that I have now is much improved in feel and performance (and looks very similar to the SUPER EGG in BASIC HEAD SHAPE, BUT THE CAVITY and materials in it look different. . 7-PW. The 2 level sole design makes for great contact, and the wedge is very versatile around the greens for chipping. Maybe the best iron for fw bunker shots ever designed. You have to adjust your bag setup as the EGG irons play 10 TO 15 YARDS LONGER per club. As a result, I use a 2nd pitching wedge as well as a gap wedge AND SW , and and 5 and 6 EGG UTILITIES.

There is no iron as long as these.

Edited by driverhead

Look gorgeous, I wish I didn't just get a set of Egg from TSG a few weeks ago T^T.

I have the previous 2 versions of these. All versions have minimal offset and play very neutral. The 1st version was basically an extension of the EGG utilities WITH THE IBRID head shape.. This posed a problem with the short irons around the green. The sole was too wide and clunky to be effective. The FORCE OF EGG 2013 VERSION that I have now is much improved in feel and performance (and looks very similar to the SUPER EGG in BASIC HEAD SHAPE, BUT THE CAVITY and materials in it look different. . 7-PW. The 2 level sole design makes for great contact, and the wedge is very versatile around the greens for chipping. Maybe the best iron for fw bunker shots ever designed. You have to adjust your bag setup as the EGG irons play 10 TO 15 YARDS LONGER per club. As a result, I use a 2nd pitching wedge as well as a gap wedge AND SW , and and 5 and 6 EGG UTILITIES.

There is no iron as long as these.

Yup, very good distance producers. They only need to make up to a 7 iron bc this 7 is probably close in distance to a standard 5 iron. I can see how it can benefit a lot of players.

Also, this new Super Egg iron is going to have a matching Rw which is a 30* chipper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

These are by far the best version the EGG irons. They are 1 to 1.5 clubs longer than even the 2013 version (2 CLUBS LONGER than even the RBZ irons and 1 club longer given the same loft.. . Sure the lofts are 5 degrees stronger per club, They have a soft almost forged feel due to the dampening material in the cavity. I have been hitting almost tour like trajectory, and distance, with better control than the previous versions. I had to re adjust my mental approach by going 1 to 2 clubs less. Hitting an A wedge where I would hit a 9 ( A WEDGE is 45 degrees). The only club in the set that has a near normal distance is the 50 degree AS wedge.

The ball flight is high and straight. very neutral, but I could play it back and hit it low if I needed to. When the ball is hit high it lands very gently at almost a 90 degree descent and just stops near its landing point. The AS wedge is a good FW club from 100 yards, and good for pitch and run around the greens ( 2 chip ins already in 5 rounds).

Summary..... Combining feel, balance, performance and physical ease of use, these clubs have the biggest wow factor of any clubs Ive hit in a long time.

Edited by driverhead

Are you really a single digit playing these? If so that's awesome!

I've never hit them but they do not look like an iron that would feel soft as you describe, that's got me curious as I could use some extra distance in my iron game on my home course.

what shaft and flex do you have in them?

I've never hit them but they do not look like an iron that would feel soft as you describe, that's got me curious as I could use some extra distance in my iron game on my home course.

what shaft and flex do you have in them?

I

m a legit low handicap player. I keep the ball in play, hit a lot of greens , and my short game is good. I played college golf in the early 70s. I am also 60 years old. I grew up on persimmon and blades , but I embrace modern technology (if the design is solid) and golf equipment has been a passion of mine for 45 years. I try all designs (I even have a set of Muira tour blades with nippon dual material shafts. The SUPER EGG IS A BIG TIME BREAKTHROUGH, both in function and physical ease of use. I can hit the 7 iron 180 yards, by most modern strong lofts(26 degrees) its a -5/6 iron. Im a smooth tempo swinger and the M-40 graphite reminds me of the rifle graphite of a few years back. Very smooth. The big improvement of the SUPER EGG over the previous versions is the feel. The original EGG irons were very clanky and harsh. The 2013 EGG irons were much improved in the all around performance dept, but still had a hollow feel,.

I let a buddy who is s JDM skeptic try them. He is also an engineer and is sold on the ball flight physics and results. He will be getting a set shortly.

These are not for everyone.

What I like best about these is the clean no offset look at address. I pick a target and fire at it. The sole sticks out thru the 9 irns but not to the degree of the EGG UTS. the wedges look very clean at address.

For those wanting to experiment and not commit to the entire set , you could do worse than using the 26 degree 7 as a hybrid or you could be a fan of the EGG UTS and want to try an iron thats a good extension and implementation of the EGG UT concept.

Edited by driverhead

I've never hit them but they do not look like an iron that would feel soft as you describe,

I

Its the dampening materials in the cavity that will soften the feel.

Aw crap, I'm sold! Gotta get's me a set now.

Much respect to anyone who can play a blade and these back to back, I'm the same way.

Yikes! And you called those S-Yard irons ugly? Fugliest irons I've ever seen.

Aw crap, I'm sold! Gotta get's me a set now.

Much respect to anyone who can play a blade and these back to back, I'm the same way.

You will hit several over the green until your mind accepts the fact that the A wedge is a souped up 9 iron. Im still dialing in the yardage. I air mailed a 165 yard par 3 today hitting an EASY 8 20 yards over the green.

The big upside is once you get used to them and get the yardages down, you will hit the towering high shot just like the TV accu track following tour players shots., and the ball will hit an apex and just drop gently by the target.

Yikes! And you called those S-Yard irons ugly? Fugliest irons I've ever seen.

Yes but Eggs are supposed to be ugly while those SYD's didn't have to be.

they are a strange looking set of irons, but hey if they work?

They said that about PINGS over 40 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Super Eggs from TSG on Saturday ...7-AW with the SR flex...went and hit a few balls Sunday and then played 9 holes last night. Wow! 2nd hole was a par 3, back pin about 180, back of the green 187. Hit the 8. Landed pin high and stopped before the back of the green. Hit the PW into another par 3 - carried 150 and stopped about 156. I hit a few out of the rough pretty well. Par 5, roughly 525, I hit the 7 off the tee and the fairway, just for grins, and I had 60yds into the green.

They go far. They are easy to hit. The shafts were nice, except for the 7 iron, which felt a little soft. Easier to control than a hybrid, at least for me. The longest iron I used to carry was 34*. And then hybrids on down. But now, that 30* is really easy to hit. And the 7 iron is long, so now I can go 23 or 24* hybrid and then a FW or long hybrid.

Yes, they are large and I suspect I will be made fun of. I have a 14* driver, so I already get made fun of. I hit 7 of 9 greens last night and shot +1. Make fun of me while you are handing me your cash. :)

Got my Super Eggs from TSG on Saturday ...7-AW with the SR flex...went and hit a few balls Sunday and then played 9 holes last night. Wow! 2nd hole was a par 3, back pin about 180, back of the green 187. Hit the 8. Landed pin high and stopped before the back of the green. Hit the PW into another par 3 - carried 150 and stopped about 156. I hit a few out of the rough pretty well. Par 5, roughly 525, I hit the 7 off the tee and the fairway, just for grins, and I had 60yds into the green.

They go far. They are easy to hit. The shafts were nice, except for the 7 iron, which felt a little soft. Easier to control than a hybrid, at least for me. The longest iron I used to carry was 34*. And then hybrids on down. But now, that 30* is really easy to hit. And the 7 iron is long, so now I can go 23 or 24* hybrid and then a FW or long hybrid.

Yes, they are large and I suspect I will be made fun of. I have a 14* driver, so I already get made fun of. I hit 7 of 9 greens last night and shot +1. Make fun of me while you are handing me your cash. :)

Yup. THey are insanely long,. Even takiing the strong lofts into account, I can hit the PW as far as a RBZ 8. I have found that I have to go from the EGG A wedge to a 50 degree gap PING KARSTEN. I do have the AS wedge, but have more shot options around the green with the PING U wedge. The 8 iron is a serious weapon. I can use it on 180 yard shots and hit a towering high shot that drops almost straight down and stops dead in its tracks.

Edited by driverhead