Ryoma special tuning

Yes it is, I just hit a few balls in a driving range but I'll play a round with it on Sunday. So I'll give u a feedback after that round.

Great, looking forward to your review.

I'm trying to confirm the specs on the special tuning heads. From what I've read on TS, all 3 heads have slightly closed faces. I would like to confirm that before ordering. On the maxima (non) ST, the type v is square. I would think that would still be the case with the type v ST.

I'd really like to get the type v is I could confirm that all specs on the ST heads are identical. Can anyone chime in on that?

Great, looking forward to your review.

I'm trying to confirm the specs on the special tuning heads. From what I've read on TS, all 3 heads have slightly closed faces. I would like to confirm that before ordering. On the maxima (non) ST, the type v is square. I would think that would still be the case with the type v ST.

I'd really like to get the type v is I could confirm that all specs on the ST heads are identical. Can anyone chime in on that?

Yes while the conforming versions all differ a bit in specs the special tuning is all the same so the only difference is in finish. The heads are slightly closed on the ST version.

Well I just finish a round with Maxima ST, honestly it's long but somehow not so straight compare with my previous Shepherd Air it's approximately 10yrds longer on every shot. But as I said I have a hard time keeping it in the fairway out of 14 serve on the tee-off I only hit it straight twice, 3 hooked, 2 faded, and the rest are all sliced. It's a type V 9.5 with 55SR in shaft, maybe I didn't get used to the shaft because it's seem to me that 55SR is lighter and way softer than the Shepherd R I've play. Anyway what I really like about the head is that they improve the sound and het rid those loudly sound to me it's a lot quieter than normal maxima so if you don't say it no one will know you're playing a hi-cor driver.

Are you planning on getting a Ryoma UT as well? Cause if you do you better get it asap, the Ryoma UT flex S is totally a winner for me, long, straight, solid, and very forgiveness even a very bad shot the ball still didn't lose much distance and still stay beside the fairway.

Actually the st didn't look that much close face, almost look like a square face too me.

The Ryoma UT is look a little bit big at the address compare with Yammy UT, at first I feel uncomfortable with it but after those great result from all the shot I hit today I totally forgot about the size.

Actually the st didn't look that much close face, almost look like a square face too me.

The Ryoma UT is look a little bit big at the address compare with Yammy UT, at first I feel uncomfortable with it but after those great result from all the shot I hit today I totally forgot about the size.

Totally agree, at first sign Ryoma UT is quite big for me and feel like hit fw wood (I swap shaft with TourAD UT 65S)

Then after 3rd round in driving range I feel this is very easy and forgiving UT

Cant wait to see result on real field ..... :-)

Edited by koms

Totally agree, at first sign Ryoma UT is quite big for me and feel like hit fw wood (I swap shaft with TourAD UT 65S)

Then after 3rd round in driving range I feel this is very easy and forgiving UT

Cant wait to see result on real field ..... :-)

I have had my Ryoma UT for 5 rounds now. It is a 21 degree head with the NS pro ute shaft

First impressions are that it is ridiculously long. At 21 degrees it is as long as my 18 degree UTs

Very forgiving. Ball goes straight and long. It is so long that most times i only need a ¾ swing.

Looks, well it is huge like a baby FW. BEAUTIFUL FINISH. But the size is something you need to get used too.

So in short it is a long forgiving UT. Something you should give a try.

Edited by akapur

Ryoma ST Driver has been great for me, I did notice less spin and a less squirly dispersion than the normal version. It's for sure longer than the normal version as on my normal holes I'm in new places.

For me the Maxima was longer than the D1 and this ST is the longest. I'm also using the stock 65g shaft in stiff which for some odd reason is working better than many of the aftermarket shafts that I've tried in the Maxima.

Ryoma ST Driver has been great for me, I did notice less spin and a less squirly dispersion than the normal version. It's for sure longer than the normal version as on my normal holes I'm in new places.

For me the Maxima was longer than the D1 and this ST is the longest. I'm also using the stock 65g shaft in stiff which for some odd reason is working better than many of the aftermarket shafts that I've tried in the Maxima.

so I guess my problem is a wrong picking shaft then.

so I guess my problem is a wrong picking shaft then.

It's many peoples problem with the Maxima. Similar situation with the Modart S driver I'm playing, its got a shorter hosel depth so shafts play extra lively in it.

This thing is unbelievably long...I was playing bomb and gouge today...had 6 or 7 iron in on the loooong par 4's...hit 4 wedges from 50-75 yards on the short ones...new places indeed. Prefer the feel and sound of this over the d1...really forgiving! Thanks Chris and Tario, really enjoying this driver! Shafted w an atlas 3 6s it is a super low spin, mid to mid high launch bomber with tons of roll....def the longest combo I've ever hit...

• 2 weeks later...

Having played the previous D1st and the regular D1. This max st is straighter, longer, feels and sound better than the original d1. It launches higher and a little more roll then the D1 I got the G shaft. Liked it so much, I purchased another one. My original D1st cracked so am unable to compare st to st.

Edited by shintajay

Having played the previous D1st and the regular D1. This max st is straighter, longer, feels and sound better than the original d1. It launches higher and a little more roll then the D1 I got the G shaft. Liked it so much, I purchased another one. My original D1st cracked so am unable to compare st to st.

Was exactly what I was about to ask....can anyone comment on a comparison between the maxima st vs. D1 st?

Ryoma is very long in distance But have a problem with it's face.

I got it from TSG around July 2012, SN 22215, Special tune 10.5 degree.

A cracking was in first week of May 2014, 22 months of used.

Warranty is 24 months But only in Japan.

My point is my club head speed is 85 Mph +/-, which should not a cause of cracking.

This driver is used by me only, playing on golf course twice a week from July 2012 to May 2014,

approx. 208 rounds of golf. (Not used in driving range because I know range ball are so hard).

So what happen with this driver? Quality ?

I wrote a letter direct to Ryoma but nothing reply even some explanation or something.

Good bye this brand, no responsibility to the customer

My point is my club head speed is 85 Mph +/-, which should not a cause of cracking.

This driver is used by me only, playing on golf course twice a week from July 2012 to May 2014,

approx. 208 rounds of golf. (Not used in driving range because I know range ball are so hard).

I wrote a letter direct to Ryoma but nothing reply even some explanation or something.

Wow....don't expect it to be so fragile...now I'm worried....

If you purchased your driver on July 2012 from TSG it means it's within the 24 month warranty and you can get a replacement no problem. Please email me [email protected] so I can verify your purchase date. This warranty is good at TSG.

My original st also cracked after about a year of use, I'm like you only averaged in the mid 80s. Tourspec sent it back and I got it replaced with a regular model (since the ST was no longer being produced). I'm hoping that the new ST has the cracking solved. I missed the orginal ST so much that I now have two newer ST just in case I have the same problem. This new ST is the longest driver I've used (I do think its longer than the original st but I cannot tell). Again the new ST is about 20 yards longer then the original D1.

My original st also cracked after about a year of use, I'm like you only averaged in the mid 80s. Tourspec sent it back and I got it replaced with a regular model (since the ST was no longer being produced). I'm hoping that the new ST has the cracking solved. I missed the orginal ST so much that I now have two newer ST just in case I have the same problem. This new ST is the longest driver I've used (I do think its longer than the original st but I cannot tell). Again the new ST is about 20 yards longer then the original D1.

The Maxima ST is longer than the D-1 ST but it is also harder to control.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

At first I hit nothing but duck hooks with this driver. I was so disappointed feeling it was a waste of money. Then I took a lesson where the pro weakened my grip, altered my setup, and advised me to shorten my backswing.

The next time out I was hitting bombs with the Ryoma Maxima Special Tuning driver. I added 20+ yards and even hit one 35 yards beyond my average drive. Since then I've played 5 or six times with my drives remaining long and straight. The toe shots gear effect with a little draw back into the fairway with about 10 yards of loss.

Moral of story, in most cases it the Indian and not the arrow, but a good arrow is a big help.