Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TourSpecGolfer

TSG 2014: JDM Fairway Wood Poll

Top FW of 2014    62 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Fairway Wood of Late 2013 - 2014?

• New PRGR Egg Spoon
    • Ryoma F2
    • S-Yard XV
    • ONOFF TS358
    • Modart MA01F
    • RomaRo Type-R
    • Royal Collection 306V
    • Yamaha RMX
    • Epon AF-203
    • JBEAM RX FW
    • Buchi/Air Shepherd
    • TourStage X-FW GR
    • PRGR iD Nabla X or Nabla Black FW

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

It's only the start of 2014 and still new fairway woods are in the midst of release.

This poll is similar to the other TSG 2014 polls and will stay open the entire year being updated to consider newly released fairway woods. This poll is for late 2013 - 2014 fairway woods only

Enjoy!

S-Yard XV for me..... both in distance and forgiveness.... !

S-Yard XV for me..... both in distance and forgiveness.... !

You were lucky and quick when you got it. I don't see a replacement for the XV on S Yard's site. Too bad that I just cannot play FW well.

The XV will have to be an itch I scratch sometime. Loving the new Epon 203 right now...

Ryoma F2

The XV will have to be an itch I scratch sometime. Loving the new Epon 203 right now...

scratched that itch. was a nice one just make sure to add some weight to the head.

loving the 203 right now just wish it was a little shallower:(

right now looking for a #4 in 16* for a 1 wood setup.

any advice guys?

scratched that itch. was a nice one just make sure to add some weight to the head.

loving the 203 right now just wish it was a little shallower:(

right now looking for a #4 in 16* for a 1 wood setup.

any advice guys?

Customize a Kamui...

XV for me too.

203 for me......awesome

suddenly do not know how to use fw------have to practice fw again.

Maybe not an original answer but syard XV definitively

Edited by smstef

suddenly do not know how to use fw------have to practice fw again.

I am like you, couldn't hit FW worth a lick. Had a chance to play with EdGolf a few weeks ago and saw him hit his T388 and VX 3W and was so envious of the result. Told him just don't change a thing to those clubs (both stock) as you might just lose the magic.

I have the Tourstage X-FW Limited 3w and am in love with it. Kicked the Yamaha out which was in the bag for about 5 years!!!

Compact. Solid off both tee and deck. Workable. Low spin. Very easy on the eye at address with a black face that displays the sweetspot clearly and inspires confidence. Check them out if you are a sub 10 index I reckon.

202s r still my gamers. Have really explored this part of my bag this year throwing: 203, jbeam bmFX, onofftypeS, ryoma, baldo and Yonex at them. They 3ht is finally back in the bag although the 21* ryoma ute knocked out the 5w. It's just more consistent and almost as long.

Surprise for me was the jbeam. Just a soft smooth laser with much more forgiveness than it looks.

We'll see if the Kasco can make a run at the 180-85 yard spot currently occupied by a 23* egglet. I hope so, that would really round out the bag...

You might want to try the ONOFF TS358 this is solid fw and one of my fav at the moment. It is more workable than the Ryoma apart from better sound and feel.

You might want to try the ONOFF TS358 this is solid fw and one of my fav at the moment. It is more workable than the Ryoma apart from better sound and feel.

+1

The Romaro Type R is definitely one worth the look. Stupidly easy to hit, good distance, great trajectory.

That being said, I of course have gone back to my favorite RC TourVS. I love that club.

But, I do highly recommend the Romaro.

It's really hard to just pick one, so many up here are great for different reasons.

I had to vote for my favorite and its now the Ryoma D-1 F2 13* with Royal Decoration Athlete. This is my mini driver. Next is my PRGR EGG HD 14.5* with GD MT6 which is what I use for off the deck on the par 5's and I also have a S-Yard XV 5W which is my 225-235 yd. club. I'm all set now

I really need to try the F2 with a higher launching shaft.

I tried the XV from the fantastic feedback from this forum but I am getting a lot of left results. Not sure if it's the stock shaft or head that is the issue.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.