“TRPX AIR”,anybody want to talk about it?

Calvin

It seems to fits a wider range of players and the graphics looks pretty cool too!

the stiff version is only 58g... that's super light. wow.

Did I miss something? I don't seem to recall listing or blog posted on the shaft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW40aRdD_qc

Check out the promo video for this shaft just released a few days ago.

This was made for the players having trouble getting a good release of the clubhead. The shaft has a very active tip section with new "LB Technology" that helps kick the shaft back during the downswing to help accelerate the head through impact.

They also claim they have something called the "HPI Technology" that helps to maximize energy transfer to the ball at impact.

It also comes in 47" length.

Might be the next big "distance shaft" for the average players. Will look into this shaft further...

Sound like a distance shaft for moderate swing speed player.

Loving it already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW40aRdD_qc

Check out the promo video for this shaft just released a few days ago.

This was made for the players having trouble getting a good release of the clubhead. The shaft has a very active tip section with new "LB Technology" that helps kick the shaft back during the downswing to help accelerate the head through impact.

They also claim they have something called the "HPI Technology" that helps to maximize energy transfer to the ball at impact.

It also comes in 47" length.

Might be the next big "distance shaft" for the average players. Will look into this shaft further...

I don't care what "average player" means...this has my attention! I love the feeling of (over)loading a shaft that is a bit weak for my ss. Getting the timing right and feeling a explode at impact is special and worth measurable distance gains.

What's the recommended shortest length of this shaft and Touale?

Think we should not play this Air shorter than about 46" and what about the Touale?

Edited by lousifers

Is it a bit overlapping with Touale?

Actually the ravie and touale are in the royal decor range (sub 50g) and this air would be in the range of LY 01 and 02 range of spec. I suspect this is how trpx would fill out the range to compete with crazy.

Really want to read the review forum of this shaft.

Very solid shaft for those who like light weight and stable. I put one in a Kamui Air and the carry is something else. I'm playing stiff and at this flex it's got great feel.

This shaft plays ever so slightly softer than true flex which is good I think.

One thing though is that its highly suggested to play the shaft long, I could see how cutting it short would ruin the feel.

Yup, this is a good one to play long. This one was designed to be able to maximize length (club length and distance) and still be controlled by golfers of all strengths.

I curious about this shaft as I was told that this shaft is best to be played at 46" as I was always under the impression that the longer the shaft the harder it would be to control????

I have one coming in 45.25" and should be able to provide a comparison to the LY01 in the same length. I believe the Longest Yard series was also recommended to play 46" or longer and I have had no issues at all playing it a little shorter (for dispersion purposes). Hopefully the Air will be the same :) Chris, if you think that this shaft should be at minimum 46", we should chat to see if I need to modify my order ;)

Order it longer and we can always butt trim it !!! .....or hehe pass it along to the less fortunate ! : )

• 6 months later...

I'm asking Sekine-san who designed this shaft and rolls them. Hope to have a reply soon.

After more evaluation and customer feedback these shafts do play soft so I suggest going up 1 flex.

Also some have claimed 15-20yds more distance.

Some initially say it's too soft and wild, then they tip and thats when they get results.

Smoother swingers seem to like it more with no tipping whatsoever.

My friend plays a XXX flex TRPX Air and has a 130mph swing speed and bombs it on the long drive tour so it can' stand up to the speeds.

The Torque answer is basically they don't want to disclose torque because it has a different relation with the design & materials so it will confuse the client who thinks of torque is a big factor.

This is true, higher tonnage carbon or more complicated designs or weaves have higher torque because torque no longer reduces shaft deformation as the materials/design does.

To me this means it's very high torque but doesn't play that way as guys who swing 125mph+ have them in their Jbeam or TRPX heads like Yamazaki-san from Japan.

I'm asking Sekine-san who designed this shaft and rolls them. Hope to have a reply soon.

After more evaluation and customer feedback these shafts do play soft so I suggest going up 1 flex.

Also some have claimed 15-20yds more distance.

Some initially say it's too soft and wild, then they tip and thats when they get results.

Smoother swingers seem to like it more with no tipping whatsoever.

My friend plays a XXX flex TRPX Air and has a 130mph swing speed and bombs it on the long drive tour so it can' stand up to the speeds.

Do you mean full flex up, ie. R to S, or 1 step up, ie. SR to S?

Chris fitted me with an S flex when I was swinging 90MPH. I'm now back up to my usual 95MPH SS, the S flex still ok and gained more distance obviously due to the added speed in fact the shaft feels smoother now very good feel, not over powering it.