MODART - MA01H Hybrid

Here's the MA01H Hybrid by Modart, I haven't hit it yet but will soon, this modart hybrid is shafted with the Crazy Black Utility and that will be going up against the Ryoma U w/stock shaft.. These two couldn't be more different I'll post the comparo soon.

My initial impressions are that it's small and it reminds me somewhat of the Callaway JDM Legacy utility which I really did like as it was very easy to get up into the air and had a beautiful trajectory even with steel. This too is supposedly anti-left. It also has a little bit of offset as well which is interesting.

XF5A3126-900x600.jpg

XF5A3689-900x600.jpg

XF5A3680-900x600.jpg

XF5A3461-900x600.jpg

XF5A3708-900x600.jpg

The finishing and quality of the club is amazing! Importance of any club is the ease of use and it looks easy...

Not sure about the offset but sure looks good....can't wait to see what's your review, especailly compare to Ryoma Ute...

looks good can't wait for the reviews

Need help testing clubs. It's hard to find people nearby who know their stuff and are willing to write about it.

Need help testing clubs. It's hard to find people nearby who know their stuff and are willing to write about it.

Let me know if you need something.

I do from both of you! I have full faith that you guys know enough and have definitely own enough JDM to make some really good reviews.

The hitting part is a blast, It's the writing part that sucks.

I do from both of you! I have full faith that you guys know enough and have definitely own enough JDM to make some really good reviews.

The hitting part is a blast, It's the writing part that sucks.

As with everything in life you must take the good with the bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my Modart UT from TSG just then, it does look nice and sharp!

I bought my with the stock SP 6.0 shaft in S flex.

The shaft is not "stiff" or "firm". It is just a slight touch softer than Labospec Hashiri in the same flex which is already great for me!

Hence I think this shaft is going to be good for me, hopefully, as I don't have a very aggressive swing.

I will go and test it out on the course tomorrow and will post my feedback.

See you guys tomorrow. Tom

Looking forward to your feedback Tom. I get along well with the Hashiri 60 in the TS358 and I am considering the Modart UT, and whether to upgrade to the crazy utility shaft.

All modart clubs have high CG locations and low spin and while this UT looks shallow it too has a very high CG giving it a penetrating trajectory while still being easy to get in the air.

I've gamed this Modart UT for a few rounds now and it's got a firm place in the bag. It's very versatile with its slim/compact profile, as I can hit it high off the deck with a full swing or I can shorten everything, play it in the back of my stance and hit low stingers with it. In fact, it's added a new perspective to my game as I have had a tendency to pull/hook my long irons as of late, and this shortened swing with the Modart allows me to have a lot of confidence in those 175-200 shots. Nice low and controlled, but most importantly - STRAIGHT - shots right at the green on long approaches!

When I do swing it full, it provides a nice high flight that doesn't seem to spin up too much as it's still pretty long at around 225+ yds and lands pretty softly. I would definitely say its a forgiving club (without going into any of the science behind CG, etc.. since I'm not an expert in that dept), as even mis-hits don't lose too much distance and has not deviated too much from my intended line. As with any club though, a bad swing is a bad swing, no masking that, but overall, not-so-perfect hits have been masked quite well by this little gem. I bought this from a great member on this forum and he had it shafted with a Crazy FW80 6.9 and while that seemed like it might be too light for me at first, the weight does not feel bad as the head seems to have some nice weight to it and balances with that shaft nicely.

Needless to say its a beautiful looking club with its brilliant IP black finish, and the very nice gun metal-ish sole, so its very easy to look down at during address. The offset isn't too bad in person and looks relatively square at address (nothing that makes me subliminally feel like I need to fiddle with hand position to open/close it up a bit to compensate for the slight offset.) The shape of it is the best part for me though, as I tend to like compact heads, and this thing is just that...sleek, compact but packs a nice punch!

Overall a winner in my book and something to give a go if you're looking for a compact and versatile UT.

Edited by needmoregolf

Looking forward to your feedback Tom. I get along well with the Hashiri 60 in the TS358 and I am considering the Modart UT, and whether to upgrade to the crazy utility shaft.

Just got back home from the game, it was windy today.

1. This club is very easy to get off the deck, one of the easiest one I have come across in a long while! I was able to get mid/hight trajectory, nice surprise!

2. It's not as forgiving as RomaRo Type-R UT but I could shape my shots relatively easy. As Chris said, it's a fade bias!

3. It's not super long but as long as Type-R UT.

4. The feel on the impact is very solid and some what soft! Bit like forged irons but softer.

5. It's very versatile, I could use it like a long iron, this is a +1 for me as now a day, some UTs just appear to be too big, closer to a FW!

6.Although, the face is shallow, I had no problem in tee off, just imagine if you are using a iron.

Over all, this club is really good, as Chris mentioned, it has a nice balance and all around performance that you would expect from a UT.

This is my gamer now.

Just got back home from the game, it was windy today.

1. This club is very easy to get off the deck, one of the easiest one I have come across in a long while! I was able to get mid/hight trajectory, nice surprise!

2. It's not as forgiving as RomaRo Type-R UT but I could shape my shots relatively easy. As Chris said, it's a fade bias!

3. It's not super long but as long as Type-R UT.

4. The feel on the impact is very solid and some what soft! Bit like forged irons but softer.

5. It's very versatile, I could use it like a long iron, this is a +1 for me as now a day, some UTs just appear to be too big, closer to a FW!

6.Although, the face is shallow, I had no problem in tee off, just imagine if you are using a iron.

Over all, this club is really good, as Chris mentioned, it has a nice balance and all around performance that you would expect from a UT.

This is my gamer now.

This pretty much mirrors what everyone else is saying! Spot on!

Below is an image and while it's not the UT, it's the FW this is how the UT is as well. Notice how high the CG location on this face:

10547621_765926053459804_327027138967874