Impact Boron Shaft - Reviews

K2_2

Ladies and gentlemen,

As I was looking around for full boron shafts I came across the Impact Boron shaft but I did not see any reviews here. Has anyone tried these out before? I see that they have a fair amount of torque but I am not looking for Whiteboard replacement. Other than this I am leaning towards the Crazy Limited Edition shaft.

Ladies and gentlemen,

As I was looking around for full boron shafts I came across the Impact Boron shaft but I did not see any reviews here. Has anyone tried these out before? I see that they have a fair amount of torque but I am not looking for Whiteboard replacement. Other than this I am leaning towards the Crazy Limited Edition shaft.

Impact Boron is a shaft that a golf shop orders from a real shaft manufacture. I would suggest a shaft thats designed by the company that is offering it such as Crazy or Quadra or TRPX and others. The impact is also designed for slower swingers over 50 I'm not sure if you fit into that category.

What crazy shaft were you looking at? Let me know and I can suggest your other options.

Impact Boron is a shaft that a golf shop orders from a real shaft manufacture. I would suggest a shaft thats designed by the company that is offering it such as Crazy or Quadra or TRPX and others. The impact is also designed for slower swingers over 50 I'm not sure if you fit into that category.

What crazy shaft were you looking at? Let me know and I can suggest your other options.

Hi Chris, thank you for the quick reply! I hadn't realized the Impact Shaft was made by another manufacturer. Other shafts I was looking at were the Crazy Boron shaft, Roddio (love my I-10 irons), or maybe a TRPX 1st Messenger (I need to read up on the bend profile on the TRPX shafts a little more on). Head speed hovers from 49-51 m/s but I am trying to retool my swing to keep it between 48 and 50 m/s or less.

The backstory - I tried an unmarked boron shaft at the range last weekend after chatting with a gentlemen next to me and it reminded me of the Diamana Stinger Prototype from 2009 (loved that shaft).

I am not surprised it reminded you of the Stinger, both being boron shafts and all.

I play the Crazy Boron in SX and am close to your SS, find it an easy to launch smooth swinging shaft. If I get too aggressive with it I'll end up hooking, but when the tempo is smooth it is one heck of a shaft. Tried a Stinger 70s but found it too loose and even the smooth swing resulted in poor play...

Hi Chris, thank you for the quick reply! I hadn't realized the Impact Shaft was made by another manufacturer. Other shafts I was looking at were the Crazy Boron shaft, Roddio (love my I-10 irons), or maybe a TRPX 1st Messenger (I need to read up on the bend profile on the TRPX shafts a little more on). Head speed hovers from 49-51 m/s but I am trying to retool my swing to keep it between 48 and 50 m/s or less.

The backstory - I tried an unmarked boron shaft at the range last weekend after chatting with a gentlemen next to me and it reminded me of the Diamana Stinger Prototype from 2009 (loved that shaft).

It must be a different prototype from what they currently offer as I only know of their white and pink version shafts which are not for your swing speed.

49ms = 109mph!! Your in X-flex territory and may want to pay attention to the weight of the shaft you select and it's effect on your tempo and timing. If you can reach 51ms that's 114mph. You should be playing X-XX.

Crazy Boron I play sometimes it's sorta my goto shaft and I'm not sure if Crazy still has any in stock. You need X.

The TRPX Air is intriguing light weight and all the rage for long drive comps. You would need XX. it supposedly plays like the Crazy Longest Yard series.

I like playing TRPX shafts long in length they seem to feel and work better that way:http://www.tourspecgolf.com/brands/trpx-shafts

You would need X-Line.

Quadra has the TP-V and RB that just came out and you can check those out here: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/brands/quadra-shafts

It must be a different prototype from what they currently offer as I only know of their white and pink version shafts which are not for your swing speed.

49ms = 109mph!! Your in X-flex territory and may want to pay attention to the weight of the shaft you select and it's effect on your tempo and timing. If you can reach 51ms that's 114mph. You should be playing X-XX.

Crazy Boron I play sometimes it's sorta my goto shaft and I'm not sure if Crazy still has any in stock. You need X.

The TRPX Air is intriguing light weight and all the rage for long drive comps. You would need XX. it supposedly plays like the Crazy Longest Yard series.

I like playing TRPX shafts long in length they seem to feel and work better that way:http://www.tourspecgolf.com/brands/trpx-shafts

You would need X-Line.

Quadra has the TP-V and RB that just came out and you can check those out here: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/brands/quadra-shafts

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the rundown on a few different options. I am going to get back on a launch monitor in a few weeks after I am done with a few little adjustments. Based on my driver distance with the new swing (aka easy on the back) I think I will be closer to 49 than 51 m/s.

Both the crazy Boron and the TRPX X-Line looks like good options. As far as flex I can usually keep a stiff shaft in play, even something in the 60 g region. I am okay with an X-flex if someone swaps it into a demo without telling me. When I pull an x-flex demo though I feel the need to go after it more. I need to get that out of my head and just keep swinging the way I do with a stiff shaft.

That is why SX is a great option....