Epon 703's

Its all depends what you are looking for?  I have had VG3, 501, 701 , 551 (501) and 703. 703 is in my opinion, an improvement over 701 and more forgiving than the 5 series.  If you are a good ball striker and don't care much about forgiveness or distance, then go with the 5series current model.  If older model is what you want, then go with either one.

I had miura 501's for 5 years.. went from 22 - 12,6 hcp.. then 6 rounds with my epon 501 made me go down to 5,3.. now I game a set of tourstage 705 - Im not sure if they are forgiving or not.. Im not a really good ballstriker.. But I hit it alright I guess.. So either 703 or 5xx are the ones to look for.. :) I think everyone could live with some forgivesness ;)

Got Miura PP/KBS,Yamaha 2012 impress/GD tour ad, Epon 302/Quadra and Epon 503/Bangvoo,i sell Miura and Yam(my bigger mistake) and still play the 302 sometimes because left such clubs in a closet is sad,butt by far the 503 Bangvoo combo is the best a ever got,and the Yam was just behind very close ;)

Precision, the 2012 Yamy is not Tour model ok ;)

After for me and my swing,both are equal in forgiveness,503 a little bit longer,but came from the head or the shafts don't know.

In sensation,Yamy is softer than Epon.

I don't remember the difference in offset between them (i don't putt many importance in this in fact) but at the address,it's find for me,little preference for the Epon,Yamy are more like GI iron look.

Final,both head are great,but the Bangvoo shafts are really awesome,and the combo 503/Bangvoo is very very good for me (it's Bangvoo lite in Stiff)

Hope i help you ;)

Rougespringer dibs on the 503/ Bangvoo even though I already have an awesome set of 503 irons. In fact I may list them so I have no choice but to get yours when you need a change :)) LOL

On 6/6/2014 at 4:07 AM, aberdeenlad said:

Has anyone had a bash at these boys ?

Ive seen the pics but as yet very little info out there.

Very tempted just need some reviews

regards

AF-703's are superb irons, i tried them out in Glasgow. i was addicted from the first hit, very pleasant at address and i'm coming from blades which i have played with most of my days. About to order a set 5-AW with Recoil Tour SPX, going to adjust the lofts slightly to get my yardages right starting with 47* on the A wedge.