Ryoma Maxima D1 Type D and Type V left handed!

Mob

So I just saw that Ryoma is finally making a left handed driver. I don't know much about it since they have never made left handed drivers. I have a Crazy 435 and like it for all the obvious reasons, but would love to find a driver with better forgiveness, sound and feel. I know I will be giving up distance on well struck shots, but, I am ok with that.

My questions:

How is overall performance?

How does it perform on off center strikes?

How is the feel?

How is the distance?

How is the sound?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Mob

I should also say that Epon makes the AF-103 in left handed as well, so I would have a choice between these two now, if anyone has played them both.

So I just saw that Ryoma is finally making a left handed driver. I don't know much about it since they have never made left handed drivers. I have a Crazy 435 and like it for all the obvious reasons, but would love to find a driver with better forgiveness, sound and feel. I know I will be giving up distance on well struck shots, but, I am ok with that.

My questions:

How is overall performance?

How does it perform on off center strikes?

How is the feel?

How is the distance?

How is the sound?

Thanks for your help!

I have owned both the maxima and the 435. I sold the 435 and currently play the maxima type v and it is easily the most forgiving driver I have played.

How is overall performance? The maxima is the most consistent driver I have ever played. It really just wants to go straight, but can be worked either way.

How does it perform on off center strikes? Miss hits...it is not even a competition...maxima

How is the feel? Maxima feels a lot better on both solid and miss hits

How is the distance? For me, the maxima is longer than the 435 on solid strikes

How is the sound? This was one thing that I really did not like about the 435. It was so loud. The maxima is more muted.

Again...this is just my opinion. =)

Great information thanks. Any knowledge in the difference between the type D and Type V?

Great information thanks. Any knowledge in the difference between the type D and Type V?

On the Maxima, the performance of the different type heads are very very close. The main difference is that the Type D comes in square to slightly closed face angle while the Type V comes slightly open. (For the more aggressive swingers)

Ryoma is still one of the top sellers. The Maxima has a softer sound and is much more forgiving across the face. (compared to 435)

- I have a few clients waiting for their lefty Maximas now. The leftys' have been waiting for this one for a long time!

On the Maxima, the performance of the different type heads are very very close. The main difference is that the Type D comes in square to slightly closed face angle while the Type V comes slightly open. (For the more aggressive swingers)

Ryoma is still one of the top sellers. The Maxima has a softer sound and is much more forgiving across the face. (compared to 435)

- I have a few clients waiting for their lefty Maximas now. The leftys' have been waiting for this one for a long time!

Thanks, I think I am going to pull the trigger on one of these. As a lefty, I have been waiting a long time for these companies to start making some clubs for us. Email to Tario has just been sent!