ONOFF TS358 vs Modart MA01F

Love Love Love the TS358 it performs and feels great. Anyone else playing this?

The modart is my gamer now. I can't say I like one more than the other.

Both feel great, the modart has a better more compact setup.

Modart is easier to get up while the TS358 is more forgiving

feel is a tie yet both are very different, distance is a tie.

I have the stock shaft in the onoff, FW80 in the modart.

highly suggest both.

XF5A4392-900x600.jpg

XF5A4401-900x600.jpg

XF5A4396-900x600.jpg

XF5A4389-900x600.jpg

The modart is about the same as the XV so slightly less forgiving than average and that's due to it's smaller size. The MA01F is smaller than the XV for sure but that setup oh my is it pretty. It's like the blade of fairway woods.

TS358 is a hair more forgiving than the XV.

i bet that mod art 16 will be the game changer.

thin profile and forgiving loft!

Was thinking the same thing C. 16* would be a great FW

I guess you can't go wrong either of them.

But personally I will pick the TS358 because I love everything in it!

Got my Modart 19* today. Wow it is a beautiful club. The feel is fantastic. Not metallic at all, not necessarily soft either, just in between perfectly. The ball from the deck gets up and in a hurry (I have a Crazy F80 shafted). It is VERY easy to hit off the deck, I mean, extremely easy, F3 easy. The profile is a tad deeper than the F3 but not as deep as, say, the Epon AF-203. This makes it better off the tee than the Ryoma (was just at a range, so I can't really judge distance with the range rocks but is definitely comparable to most other good fairways I have hit distance-wise).

Overall, first impressions, it is beautiful, easy to hit off the deck and great distance-wise off the tee (maybe not the longest but definitely might be one of the best all around performers). This is just after a range session, so this feedback is extremely early on.

I will take it to the course this weekend and probably end up picking up a 3W as well (it was that good).

I guess you can't go wrong either of them.

But personally I will pick the TS358 because I love everything in it!

The Labo F358 5 wood (little brother of the TS358 3 wood) is so good it has kicked out any and all 3 woods

right out of the bag.

Agreed on the F358 being a killer, but I use the TS358 as a driver replacement.

Both killer clubs

I gamed the Modart 19* FW again today and had a rough round and this was the only club that was saving me. My drives were high fades that continued to put me in long rough, move around trees, etc. I hit this off the tee, fairway and many various rough lies and it just performed. I mean, 220 off a side hill rough lie with great height and distance. It rocked. These are the real deal (had a Crazy FW80 in it which was a great combination). I might need to swim halfway across the Pacific to try to meet me 3W halfway :). This is also making me look at the Modart D :)

Got my 3W and utility yesterday. For anyone that is not thinking about these Modart woods, you should be :) They overall just perform. Probably the best all around performing wood I have EVER hit. And with my crazy OCD gear addition, I have hit almost everything :)

• 2 weeks later...

TS-358 is the best 3W I ever have! Got the look and performance in one compact package, what more can you ask? It changes my game plan completely.

Looking to get Modart UT, can someone help with the stock shaft SP6? Want to know how stiff or soft it is?

I got Hashiri 60S on my TS-358 and it's really good for me.

Can someone do a comparison on them, I know FW shaft is different from UT, but Iooking for the feel of Hashiri 60S.

mr0857: Do you like the shaft that comes with your 358?

Anyone use this Shinari shaft on your ONOFF?

I have a PRGR egg with M-43. The shaft is a bit soft for me.

I love the Hashiri 60S comes with 358, it gives me a mid penetrating flight off deck.

I had an EGG with M-43, it's way to soft for me.

If you are comparing these two shafts, Hashiri is no where soft close to M-43 but has much kick in it.

I am a sweeper so my flight is not high, I was thinking of Shinari in the first place because of this I gamble on Hashiri and it pays off!!!

I am telling you, you won't be disappointed with TS-358, it's that sick!!!

TS358 and F358 are some of the best! Stock at Labo is dwindling same goes with the CB358.

We can custom order the Labo Spec clubs from the factory with RODDIO.

That said Modart is in my bag because it's easy to hit straight and easy to get off the ground, I used to lose balls 1-2 times per round on long FW shots pulling or fading a bit too much, that's pretty much been eliminated using the MA01F, It's not the best off the tee though.

Chris, if you can, can you please do a comparison on Modart SP6 shaft and Labospec Hashiri shaft?

Looking to get a Modart UT and FW from you guys but not sure about the shaft!!!

By the way how is my F358 going?

Chris, if you can, can you please do a comparison on Modart SP6 shaft and Labospec Hashiri shaft?

Looking to get a Modart UT and FW from you guys but not sure about the shaft!!!

By the way how is my F358 going?

It's gonna be a few more days Labo is building it now.

Unfortunately I can't really compare the two, I've hit the Hashiri very well in the TS358 before swapping it out for a FW80 by Crazy. It's a perfect match for that 3 wood, I actually hit it with a better trajectory than the FW80, The Modart SP6 I don't know enough about, I had Crazy UT's installed before they were sold out. I think for the UT the shaft really makes it shine because I hit these modart UT's so accurate and clean but I also did in the RomaRo Type-R with the Crazy UT and that's why I think shaft has been a big part of all my UT's performance.

The Ryoma UT is hands down the best UT talking strictly performance, it just really long but i didn't need that much distance for my open gap in yardage.

That's another thing, think about where your gaps are before buying fairway clubs because you may need something hot and long or something not as long.

I have got the TS358 with the Hashiri 60s from Chris. It has since replaced my F2 and F3. Excellent feel and sound. I am thinking of getting the F358 now but have not decided on the shaft.

Mr0857 - which shaft did you go with for your F358?

I got Smooth Kick RD-70S, I was going to get RD-63S but Chris told me OnOff no longer has that shaft!

F358 is not compatible with the new range of shafts that they offer now!

Because the head size is only 120cc on F358, I am going to play it like a UT, hopefully, and that's why I pulled the trigger on RD-70S.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got TS358 with Hashiri today. I have been playing this game for a long time. TS358 is so easy to hit. It has to be the best 3 w that I ever had.

Another TS-358 buddy and same shaft as me! Way to go. Lol

I am actually looking at Modart fairway wood with the stock shaft in 16*!

I already got 2 Modart UT in 19*, they are really good and I mean REALLY good, this makes me wanting to try their FW and hopefully I can add it into my rotation.

Anyone can help me with the stock shaft?

Another TS-358 buddy and same shaft as me! Way to go. Lol

I am actually looking at Modart fairway wood with the stock shaft in 16*!

I already got 2 Modart UT in 19*, they are really good and I mean REALLY good, this makes me wanting to try their FW and hopefully I can add it into my rotation.

Anyone can help me with the stock shaft?

The fairways are really good, really good.

Some of TSG's favorite FW shafts are:

- Crazy FW80

- Quadra New FEX FW

- TRPX Messenger FW (lighter)

- TRPX X-Line W

- Basileius got a new 80T Shaft coming Early Oct

- MUSO XDB75

I'm not sure about your preference in weight and performance yet but if you say we can help. Most of these have 65 gram options. I suggest ditching the 3 wood and playing a 5 wood a bit long and tight, just easier to hit and refreshing. :tsg_smiley_beach:

Hi! Chris,

I am quite happy with Labosoec FS-358 5W; it feels quite different than other FWs I tried, even the TS-358, the impact is like an iron, maybe not like a forged iron but close! It gives me a sense of control.

Saying that, I believe that I will go for Modart 3W in 16* with stock shaft; I prefer softer shaft with mid/high or high launch, low to mid 60g is good for me. As an example, Labospec Hashiri 60S is on the stiffer side while the Modart SP 6S of the Utility shaft is on the softer side of my wish!!!

Not wanting to waste your valuable time, if you guys can help me to find the right combinations I will certainly buy more clubs from you guys and I am on my words!!!

You will be shocked how many drivers I have gone through since this April, 5, that includes T-388 which I bought from another source because Tario was on holiday and I didn't want to wait any longer; I am not a very patient person. Sorry.

Out of 5, only Type-R worked for me but still got room to excel, T-388 is yet to be tested, the other 3 Ryoma Type-V with different lofts and shafts, didn't work out so I gave 2 to my friends and kept one hoping I will find the solution one day. Lol

I won't blame the shops sold me the clubs that didn't work, because I made my own decision in buying them after spoke to them on international calls. I guess if I could get all these drivers to work for me correctly or close enough in the first place, then golf will be even more enjoyable and I will be able to try more drivers and other clubs rather than battle with them and eventually ditch them after 2 weeks; I never sell my clubs on any forum, please picture my "hobby" room in my house.

Yes, I need professional help from you guys and members here!

I am currently also looking at the JBeam 535 and Modart driver MA01S. I will be back in Australia in mid September, hopefully by then I will be able to play them.

Please PM me. Thank you Chris and TSG members. Tom

Edited by mr0857