Crazy 435 took some tinkering, but now it is working

Mob

So I bought a Crazy 435 with a Crazy CB80 LS Noir 7.4 shaft almost 2 years ago. I was impressed with it's length, but felt like I really had to be on to hit it well. I wasn't really consistent with it, and didn't care for the feel and sound. I finally found a knowledgeable club builder here and asked him to cut it down to 44.5 inches, maintain a D2 swing weight, and hot melt it for sound and feel adjustment. My Adams XTD gamer has been benched, so I started hitting the 435 on the range, and playing it a few rounds in a row. I have now become much more consistent with it. I am finally getting comfortable with it and not forcing it so much. The sound and feel are better with hot melt; not perfect, but better. The performance improvement has been impressive. I teed it down and a piercing bullet into the wind today right down the fairway. I then teed it high and hit a high bomb downwind on a par 4 and got a hold of it and it went to a place I have never been before on that particular hole. In fact, I have trouble finding my ball as I wasn't looking far enough down the fairway for it. The very next hole, I corked one 300 yards, which I may do once a round with the right conditions. It may have just been one of those days when my swing was on, but I don't have those very often as I am typically inconsistent off the tee. Think of Phil Mickelson with an 8 handicap and that's about my swing. I am not about to claim this is the king of all drivers, but I am seeing it in a different light for the first time. I have toyed with selling it in the past, but now it has become a keeper. The funny thing is I just bought the Ryoma Maxima here on TSG and it shipped out today. Maybe the 435 knew what was coming and decided to try and keep it's spot in the bag before the Ryoma gets here.

Gr8 to hear. Still one of the best heads I reckon.

Good info! I have my 435 stuffed with cotton and it's so much better. I'd recommend hot melt or filling to anyone with a 435!

Edited by chiromikey

I have a SLDR 430 coming tomorrow and the Ryoma some time later this week or next week. It is going to be a tough competition for the starting spot in the bag. Right now, if I continue to hit the 435 as I did yesterday, I don't see either of the other two drivers making it into the bag. I have a club tournament on Friday and Saturday, so that will be the real test for the 435.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny how often clubs improve, when they know their replacement is on the way :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Funny how often clubs improve, when they know their replacement is on the way :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Very true. Right now, I am hitting the SLDR 430 really well also. The only reason the SLDR is in the bag, is because it is new. I honestly don't know how to choose between the two. I find them to be very similar drivers. Funny how jBeam figured it out years ago, and TMAG is only just catching on to the technology and claiming it as new.

I have a few questions about the hotmelt - location of the hotmelt? how many gms of hotmelt were used? headweight with hotmelt?

club swingweight?

I have a j beam 425 9.5 that I plan on hotmelting

He ended up putting in 6 gms of hot melt near the toe side to achieve a swing weight of D2. My club is 44.5 inches long. Unfortunately, I can't tell you which weights I have in the head since they don't identify them.

Well done.

Anyone who can get this head wired is one lucky boy.

Wish it was me

Well done.

Anyone who can get this head wired is one lucky boy.

Wish it was me

Second that emotion. Hit one particular drive that was so monstrous I couldn't believe it, but otherwise got nailed on the mis**ts.