Tour AD-115 to Roddio I-10 Comparison

K2_2

Has anyone here played both the Roddio I-10 and the Graphite Design Tour AD-115? Other than the weight being different, could your compare bend profiles, flight, and most importantly feel?

I am happy really happy with my I-10s in a set of Labospec build OnOff Forged irons but I am looking to build up a second set and have always been curious about the AD-115. I tried a set of what I understood to be AD-115 prototypes a long time ago but they were in a different iron, not side by side, etc.

There are only a couple of the top end graphite iron shafts that I have not tried, Crazy Limited, Waccine, and the heavier weighted GD shafts. They have been around for a while and are much higher priced then the lighter weight shafts. Believe them to be more expensive than the Roddio. In the brief conversations with my builder while doing my iron shaft shootouts, his take based on some of the pros he used to build for was that they were not a tremendous option compared to some of the newer shafts.

Tario, would say similar things but he would always caveat it with several JPGA players use and love them.

My opinion, at this point will be playing my first Waccine shaft in a UT, I think Roddio is the bees knees. The way these respond to fluid swings is unmatched. The Crazy CBI EVO might do a tad better for super aggressive, but that is not my game. I prefer tempo to aggression, rhythm method all the way. Behind the Roddio are the UST/Mamiya Tour Attas, a little more penetrating ball flight than the Roddio and a better paint job but not as good feeling.

Not sure if that helps or not, but having gone through the shafts, unless you can get 1 or 2 single shafts to try I'd stick to what I know I like. Similarly, you can get a single Roddio give it a whirl in the other head and if it doesn't float your boat try something else.

Thank you for the quick reply! Yes, the AD-115 has been around for awhile, and the price difference between that and the AD-95 is noticeable. The shop that had the protos attributed that to a difference in materials I never heard or read anything more specific than that. If I do find a combination that performs better than the Roddios I will be sure to share my feedback, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I will have a few more OnOff clubs in the bag sometime soon.

I love Roddio I-10's and have tried them several times over the years, best results were with Miura blades but at the times I was healing a back injury.

Now when I pick them up I can't really keep them accurate unless I swing smooth, at my normal tempo shots leak right consistently, slow it down and I get the perfect baby draw. That's fine and all but on windy days I can't help but to swing harder. I would suggest Roddio for the smoother tempo and transition player. Same thing with Crazy, I bought the expensive CBI limiteds and got the right leaks as well.

Something about graphite keeps me coming back for more, the feel and how it changes the sensation of any iron over steel is interesting. For my score and accuracy it's C-Tapers at the moment.

I love Roddio I-10's and have tried them several times over the years, best results were with Miura blades but at the times I was healing a back injury.

Now when I pick them up I can't really keep them accurate unless I swing smooth, at my normal tempo shots leak right consistently, slow it down and I get the perfect baby draw. That's fine and all but on windy days I can't help but to swing harder. I would suggest Roddio for the smoother tempo and transition player. Same thing with Crazy, I bought the expensive CBI limiteds and got the right leaks as well.

Reading this.... makes me think that the correct "flex" is very important. While I completely agree tempo is

critical it also makes me think it's about matching SS as well.

When I swing a bit easier (I-10's) I seem to lose the ball to the right as you've mentioned. When I swing harder (still in

tempo as I strive to do this) my ball seems to play much straighter.

As I've always kinda thought, the correct flex is very very important and the window for error (SS) is much smaller.

"When breezy, swing easy" or at least don't swing any harder. :)

Yup I agree and outside of swing speed we have the head weight, club length, hosel depth etc. all impacting the performance of the shaft.

I've tried normal S and hard stepped S and X in the I-10 and S in the I-9 hard stepped. Distance and feel is wonderful on this shaft, dispersion is still graphite like.

For the more aggressive swinger often graphite shafts play a little loose in the tip section for the less aggressive tempo the club head squares at impact beautifully.

I know these are older, but I have 2 sets of Tourstage irons with the TDI-03 102g graphites (same vintage as the famous p9003x (badged TD-03 by Tourstage) and so I think also made my GD). They say 80t carbon on the shaft.

I loved the Roddio I-10 shafts and these play tighter and less spinny for me, and have great solid feel.

Hard to find

Cheers

D