JDM Gear Realistic Setup

shoutout33

Fella's, if you could choose any JDM manufacture, to have a full setup, by this I mean from 3 iron to driver to staff bag, the whole shebang, what would you choose? I thought about making this a poll, but I'm still learning who has what. As of right now, this is who I'd choose:

Romara

Miura

Epon

Note: If Baldo had a staff bag, I'd have them on this list too. :)

Edited by shoutout33

ONOFF/Labo and I am almost there.... Of course I wouldn't bag a driver, instead I would use the TS358...

Epon has to be in with a shout and is my clear choice....from putter to golf balls and all inbetween they would be in the top 3 in most categories but not all, even number 1 in some.

If you include balls then I suppose Tourstage has to be considered. Without balls then I can't choose between OnOff or PRGR.

I personally never understood the need to have all clubs from 1 brand, I've always felt it limits you by leaving out so many of the best products.

The only reason why pro's do it because they are locked into a contract, you are not so why?

No single brand has it all, I admit I've tried the 1 brand 1 bag thing before when I first started playing and it doesn't last long because there are just so many good products coming out from so many brands that it's hard to not stray.

I'd say mix it all up, don't be confined to a single maker.

It's funny sometimes when I see a bag full of ice cream cones (as stew would say), these are usually the same guys dressed like Rickie Fowler.

Still, if that's the question then definitely Epon then Romaro out of the three brands given.

I don't play a full bag of JDM the same brand too but if I would, my pick would be OnOff as they have decent drivers and wood, amazing irons and ok wedges and putter. Another decent pick would be RomaRo as they have a great line going from drivers, woods to irons.... Honma also seems to be back on the right track with their TW series of drivers, woods and irons... Not sure about their wedges thou'

I personally never understood the need to have all clubs from 1 brand, I've always felt it limits you by leaving out so many of the best products.

The only reason why pro's do it because they are locked into a contract, you are not so why?

No single brand has it all, I admit I've tried the 1 brand 1 bag thing before when I first started playing and it doesn't last long because there are just so many good products coming out from so many brands that it's hard to not stray.

I'd say mix it all up, don't be confined to a single maker.

It's funny sometimes when I see a bag full of ice cream cones (as stew would say), these are usually the same guys dressed like Rickie Fowler.

Chris, just having fun here, especially from someone who hasn't bought in JDM stuff either! LOL! I agree with what you say. Whenever I get my stuff, I'm pretty sure I will have a bias, but have different gear in my bag as well. This is just one of those dreamy hypothetical type questions. Sooooo.....when you did do just one brand, which one was it? Just for fun... :)

Tourstage/Bridgestone. Aren't they the same manufacturer? If so, you couldn't beat a total bag of that IMO. Even great gloves and shoes!

PRGR and RomaRo and Honma if we are talking complete brands from putter to driver including bags.

I so want to choose ONOFF but can't get along with the drivers especially with the adapter.

RomaRo has amazing everything, the new 2014 putters while expensive are top notch. I saw one in person, almost looks like Bettinardi manufactured them for RomaRo. Just a guess based on looks. RomaRo bags and grips are awesome.

PRGR is an easy choice as well.

i dont know why ud do that myself, coming from the guy that has just built his frist full pr-gr bag

egg7,egg spoon, egg 4 iron ute, IDBL irons, LED wedges, putter, bag.

its awsome , but i cud and do repalce the egg spoon, and driver weekely.

the irons stay , and the wedges always change

yamaha is very very close as well.

drivers woods, irons wedges no probs, but utes dont use them much.

yamaha.... epon.....pr-gr... tourstage..... EASY TOURSTAGE!

miua NO chance.

I haven't had any (Yet) but modart has a pretty sweeeeeet line up hey.

Also if Crazy had a Nice putter and some CB irons in the same ilk as the wedges, they would also be many peoples choice.

Edited by hutchy

If the OEM reps were standing in line to pay me to play their clubs I'd take

PRGR's money first, then

Epon followed closely by

Tourstage

as much as I despise TM I'd play a TM JDM bag if the price was right........

Not many are talking about JDM Titleist.

The 2014 model Driver 9.5 version, FW, UT, Irons, Wedges, Putter, and Ball. VG3'd depending on the player this can be a sensational rig.

I've heard no complaints about any of their new JDM clubs.

Not many are talking about JDM Titleist.

The 2014 model Driver 9.5 version, FW, UT, Irons, Wedges, Putter, and Ball. VG3'd depending on the player this can be a sensational rig.

I've heard no complaints about any of their new JDM clubs.

Really? Hmmm...I wonder if your anti-Titleist on the US side, would you be considered a hypocrite, if you played their JDM cousins. :p One problem with me on this one Chris, no blade or "blade-like" forged clubs at Titleist Japan. :(

Hello again TSG'ers! This thread is sort of an extension of my "Full JDM Gear" thread I posted earlier. In that thread, TourSpecGolfer mention that it'd be better to expand your JDM arsenal instead of relying on one brand of JDM gear. Of course that thread was for fun, but his comment got me thinking,"If I DID have the money, what would I really want to play with?". So I went to the drawing board, and did some research.

Here is what I came up with and why:

Driver

Baldo 8C Craft TA001: I have no idea why, but I really really like the looks of this driver and the price range is decent. I'd like to know how it hits and feels from anyone that has playedwith it. As far as a shaft goes, I'd really have to find a way to put the Nippon Regio 65 in it. That or something with similar specs within the same price range or less. If I'd want to really needed to save money, I would put the Axe Xcaliber Tour 6+ in it. (Am I going to get banned that? :p)

FW Wood

I trully have no idea what FW wood I would want. I know I'd want a 17 to 18 degree loft and it'd have to be a component....that's just me. I know that limit's my choices, but if I needed adjustments, it's not like I can go to Japan and get it adjusted again. Ok, I'm really being an ass here, but I'd rather have someone I know build my stuff locally...can't help it. As of right now, I'm looking at the Adam's XTD (last year's model) for the FW wood.

Utility

I really don't plan (well, at one time I did...) to get a hybrid/utility club. Still have mixed feelings on this as I'm trying to save money when I get my gear: JDM or OEM. I know the trend now a days is to skip the 3 iron and replace it with a hybrid. I'm still kind of old school on this, as I feel I strike the ball well enough to hit a 3 iron. Besides, it's not like your going to hit it out of the rough or bad lies. I do like the versatility of the hybrid, but your still paying more to add this to your arsenal.

I'm a really big fan of, and have hit Adam's Proto 9031 hybrid. I mean I really love this club. If I had to break down and get a hybrid, this would be it...period. It's very compact, with little to no offset, and it doesn't look like another FW wood, like some hybrids. The only JDM hybrid to even come close to this size head is RomaRo's I-Brid utility club. (If I missed one, please let me know.) As far as a shaft goes for this club, I was fitted with the Fuel 85 hybrid shaft. I think that's a Fujikara, but I'm not sure.

Irons

OK, now we're getting to the fun stuff! I honestly have to tell you guys, I couldn't pick just one set of irons here. I'm a vain bastard when it comes to clubs (found this out while looking at TSG, go figure. LOL!) I had five sets of irons written down, but as I thought about it, I would go with one of the following three (In the order that I'd want to get them):

1.) Romaro Pro Forged Muscle: Sexy as hell and I've heard nothing but great things about them here on the forums.

2.) Musiik "On the Screw" Forged Blades: really great price and very unique looking irons. Chris spoke highly of them too.

3.) Geotech N17's: best bang for your buck in JDM gear...enough said.

As far as shafts go, with money to spare, I'd have to go with the Nippon Modus 3 120's stiff; however, my club builder suggested the FST 125 Pro's, if I wanted to save money, but still get something similar to it. (Again, this isn't terms for getting banned right?)

Wedges

Sigh...technically, I've already made up my mind to get some wedges from the Iron Factory (Kronus Wedges) and I plan to honor that agreement. He's a great guy who's been doing forged iron repair for years now. I bought some refurbished Nike TW Victory irons from him and I love them!!!! When I do plan to get some JDM wedges, it'll be Yururi all day long.

Golf Bag

I have a Volvik stand bag with my name on it, on hold right now. I was very fortunate, because from what I heard, you can't get these in the states yet!!!!! Would really like one of their staff bags though.

Well you guys, that's it. Apologies for the long post (I blame Chris...), but it help me really think about what I'd really want to get. Don't get me wrong, this list could definitely change, but for right now, this is it. Many kudos to Chris for answering my questions and helping me out with everything!

Daris L. Cotton