TRPX S-013 vs Romaro Ray HX Gold (hicor)

Landy

Hello

I keep reading great things about the TRPX drivers.

Has anything compared the TRPX S-013 vs the RomaRo Ray HX Gold (hicor)?

Feel? Ball Flight/Accuracy? And Distance?

Also what shaft did you have?

I have the RomaRo Ray HX Gold, but was wondering how it compared to the S-013.

Thank you

Your RomaRo HX gold is no slouch, excellent club and if you like it you will also like the new Type-R version just released, similar setup and player segment just really stable and great performance.

The TRPX is as well, it's a big deal in Japan and imo it feels excellent, sounds a bit loud, distance really depends on the setup and specs you build and how it relates to the club head design but that said it's pretty versatile and fits a wide range of player so coming off the HX gold and going with either the D-013 or S-013 wouldn't be a problem.

Also I read the review and the new R isnt as long...

We each have different swings, shafts, and days.

My longest driver could be your shortest and vice versa.

I have both the 460hx gold and type R...460hx shafted with basileus zaffiro 40R reguler flex,and the type R stock shaft stiff flex. For me, feel and more forgiving is the type R but for the distance, 460hx is 20yds longer than the type R.. maybe due to the different shaft...

I have both the 460hx gold and type R...460hx shafted with basileus zaffiro 40R reguler flex,and the type R stock shaft stiff flex. For me, feel and more forgiving is the type R but for the distance, 460hx is 20yds longer than the type R.. maybe due to the different shaft...

Could be due to shaft and also putting the Type R against a non-conforming driver is not really a fair assestment IMO

On the other hand, good to know the type R is forgiving as they claim it to be

• 3 weeks later...

I have 460HX in 10* with Basileus Fiamma in S flex and Type R in 10.5* with Basileus Alpha in S flex. Type R is more forgiving and has more roll, however 460HX carries more by a good 10 meters. Distance wise, Type R is longer due to a huge difference in roll! I was able to get more distance more consistently from Type R, it's easier to hit.

One should notice that, 460HX is much easier to work on the shots due to the depth of the face. The face height of Type R is only 48mm which is even slightly lower than T-388 at 50mm according to Chris. Out of 4 rounds with Type R recently, I ballooned 3 shots, they were dead straight but only about 190m, loss about 50m on average!!

Saying that, in those 4 rounds, I did have 8 monster shots and I wasn't forcing them; they were average about 265m and the longest one is a solid 285m on flat fairway! Not trying to show off but I was speechless for a while after found out where the ball sits. I am pretty sure we have those moments once in a blue moon.

Edited by mr0857