Hole in One Scores Golfer New BMW i8!

From carbuzz

With a single swing of the club, English golfer James Heath more than trebled his seasons earnings after acing the 16th hole on the final round of the BMW International Open to win himself the 137,000 Euro BMW i8. In 26 years of hosting the event, this is only the fifth time a golfer has been rewarded with a BMW for a hole-in-one. Previous winners have driven away a 640i Gran Coupe, Z8, 535i sedan and 325i Convertible, but none of these come close to the plug-in hybrid sports car.

409027.jpg

409031.jpg

409033.jpg

409035.jpg

That is a pretty nice ride.....like a poor man's Porsche spider 918 !

* hehe i might have to keep an eye out for it in a couple years when it is cheaper, used of course !

Edited by robbie

That is a pretty nice ride.....like a poor man's Porsche spider 918 !

* hehe i might have to keep an eye out for it in a couple years when it is cheaper, used of course !

Man all that tech, I don't see anyone keeping it past it's warranty. Kinda scary.

• 3 weeks later...

That is a gorgeous car, too bad it wasn't all electric

I agree. I dated two guys with Tesla Roadsters and had the pleasure of driving them. I've driven a number of fast sports cars, but the linear acceleration of the all electric, single gear transmission was freakishly out of this world. But the sound of a Maserati or Ferrari is the part of the experience that is missing.

Edited by Bunches

I had heard rumbles of some sort of sound box in and on the Honda NSX Envy to give it the acoustics of a real engine.

Lets hope it has a volume button.

new-honda-nsx.jpg

• 9 months later...