Modern blade with flat sole and sharp leading edge

Hello,

Are any manufactures making a blade with low bounce, a flat sole and sharp leading edge? This type of club seems to go against the grain of most club makers philosophies these days, but do any of you JDM aficionados know of a conforming groove club that fits this description? I don't play this type of club all the time, but in the southeast of the USA the fairways get baked and hard in the summer, and as a sweeper of the ball this seems to be the only type of club I have success with in these conditions.

I currently play the original x-blade mb's from circa 2002-03 - the sole is flat and thin and the leading edge is knife sharp. I have played the x-blade 901's but found the leading edge to be very blunted or killed and didn't work well for me. I am partial to tourstage blades - I love the feel and shape - the soles are all thin, but how is the leading edge on the 905's or 909's? is it blunted like the 901 or did they go back to a sharper edge like the original x blade?

Which recent Miura blade has the thinnest sole and sharpest leading edge? I will appreciate any input you have. Thanks.

Hello,

Are any manufactures making a blade with low bounce, a flat sole and sharp leading edge? This type of club seems to go against the grain of most club makers philosophies these days, but do any of you JDM aficionados know of a conforming groove club that fits this description? I don't play this type of club all the time, but in the southeast of the USA the fairways get baked and hard in the summer, and as a sweeper of the ball this seems to be the only type of club I have success with in these conditions.

I currently play the original x-blade mb's from circa 2002-03 - the sole is flat and thin and the leading edge is knife sharp. I have played the x-blade 901's but found the leading edge to be very blunted or killed and didn't work well for me. I am partial to tourstage blades - I love the feel and shape - the soles are all thin, but how is the leading edge on the 905's or 909's? is it blunted like the 901 or did they go back to a sharper edge like the original x blade?

Which recent Miura blade has the thinnest sole and sharpest leading edge? I will appreciate any input you have. Thanks.

Mizuno Yoro or Buchi are ways to request custom flat sole grinds. I think we could request a more subtle version from Miura Giken. As for wedges there is only one way to go and that's modart.

All the newer TourStage have the blunted leading edge. The old one's you play are the last time they used that sharp leading edge design. I'd go with Chris's suggestion.