Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shoutout33

Musiik or Miura Poll

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which set up would you choose and why?

• Muziik "On The Screw" MB (3-PW)
    • Muziik "On The Screw" CB (3-PW)
    • Muziik "On The Screw" CB/MB Combo Set (Please specify if possible.)
    • Miura Giken 5005-MB (3-PW)
    • Miura Giken 5005-MB/5003-MB Combo Set (Please specify if possible.)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

What's up fellas? After doing some research and even more drooling, I've finally nailed it down to two iron sets that meet my need as components, looks, and ease of play. (Note: I haven't hit either of these irons. I know my capabilities in ball striking, and these build my confidence on looks alone.) Chris answered a PM about the Musiik's, and had nothing but good things to say about them.

I initially was set on Miura Giken's 5005-MB's (3-pw), but I keep looking at the Musiik's. (sigh) I'm doing this poll to see what other TSG'ers have to say about these irons (whether you've played them or not...) and the choices/input they may have as well. If possible, please give your .02 cents on the vote that you made. Thanks for taking the time to check out my poll and I look forward to your replies and results.

Edited by shoutout33

Both irons are very different, blade vs a near mid sized CB which begs the question which would you like to look down at when hitting the ball and do you want more forgiveness sacrificing a beautiful top line?

Both irons are very different, blade vs a near mid sized CB which begs the question which would you like to look down at when hitting the ball and do you want more forgiveness sacrificing a beautiful top line?

Chris,

On the forgiveness tip, are you referring to the Muziik OTS CB's or the Miura 5005's. My thinking behind the 5005's, was that it's more MB than CB. So I'd have the look of a blade with "some" forgiveness in it. Now, I'm no Tiger Woods, but I can hit blades all day, even though I haven't played a round of golf in years, I know I can hit blades and that's what I'm comfortable with; however, I do understand the benefits of some forgiveness. I just prefer a thinner top line. As far as what's borderline for me, would be Mizuno's MP-59's. Although the top line is a little thicker, and you can see the tungsten muscle behind it a little at address, in my mind, especially because of the compactness of the head, I see a "blade-like" iron. The main reason for all of this is is because I've made up my mind I don't want a hybrid/utility club...period. This is why I've been looking at the 5005's really tough. I'm like, it's a 3 and 4 iron blade, but I have help...YES!

You will drive yourself wild with all those thoughts, simplify...

If you want to look down and see a sexy top line MB5005.

Drop the 5003 it's even less forgiving.

You won't regret going with the Miura's, but stick to the cavity back MB-5005 (you have the designation wrong in your initial post.)

You don't offer an indication as to what your handicap is, but I would forget about the 3-iron and probably even the 4-iron. Hybrids today are very advanced (and will continue to improve IMHO.) Short of a touring pro (and many of them use a hybrid now too), I have to believe that any amateur will only benefit from substituting a hybrid for a long iron.

Finally, how can you make a decision WITHOUT even hitting the clubs equipped with a test shaft fitted to you?!?!? BIG RISK in mis-spending your $$$$ if you don't.

[and by the way...I read some of your earlier posts...PLEASE forget the Staff bag...(1) they're heavy (2) they can be a target for theft (advertising you play expensive clubs) and (3) nobody is going to be impressed, because very few people that you meet on the course are going know anything about the Japanese marketed clubs.) I carry my clubs in a black, nondescript Sun Mountain carry bag with nondescript covers on all clubs. The set new at retail would be worth around $3,500.00...why advertise the fact? PLAY GOLF!]

You won't regret going with the Miura's, but stick to the cavity back MB-5005 (you have the designation wrong in your initial post.)

You don't offer an indication as to what your handicap is, but I would forget about the 3-iron and probably even the 4-iron. Hybrids today are very advanced (and will continue to improve IMHO.) Short of a touring pro (and many of them use a hybrid now too), I have to believe that any amateur will only benefit from substituting a hybrid for a long iron.

Finally, how can you make a decision WITHOUT even hitting the clubs equipped with a test shaft fitted to you?!?!? BIG RISK in mis-spending your $$$$ if you don't.

[and by the way...I read some of your earlier posts...PLEASE forget the Staff bag...(1) they're heavy (2) they can be a target for theft (advertising you play expensive clubs) and (3) nobody is going to be impressed, because very few people that you meet on the course are going know anything about the Japanese marketed clubs.) I carry my clubs in a black, nondescript Sun Mountain carry bag with nondescript covers on all clubs. The set new at retail would be worth around $3,500.00...why advertise the fact? PLAY GOLF!]

I knew I had a big brother some place here on the TSG forums! LOL! I appreciate the concern, but in my defense... :p

1.) I can't forget about the 3 and 4 iron, I love them too much. Besides, I used to play with blades in high school, so that's what I'm used to. I've been fitted recently (in the last year...) and the numbers say I hit blades well enough to play them. Also, the only hybrids that appeal to me, are the smaller, thinner heads, with little offset. (think Adams PROTO 9031's) This limits what I feel comfortable with playing. To my eye, many hybrids look like small woods, so I set up for them wrong.

Also, the whole amature/pro thing to me reguarding blades is straight BS. It boils down to what you feel comfortable with. I have proven to more than one fitter that I'm more than capable of hitting blades. Am I a single digit handicapper? Don't know since I haven't been playing in years, but I pretty sure I'm not. So I should listen to the golf industry tell me what I should play, because that's trend? Whatever. This is not meant towards you in anyway Steve, it's just that I've hear this foolish talks for so long it bores me. People forget that we are not too far removed from having nothing to choose from BUT blades.

2.) As I've mentioned above, I've been fit recently so I know what shafts work for me: If I have money, the Nippon Modus 3 120's; if I don't, FST Pro 125's. :p

3.) I'm really not going to get a staff bag....yet. :p Seriously, all the point you've mentioned for having one is on point. The bag that I am getting is a Volvik stand bag. I really would like their staff bag, but seeing that I stay in an apartment right now, I really don't have the space for it.

Thanks again Steve, for sitting down with your little brother and going over the birds and bees of golf. :p LOL! All jokes aside, it is greatly appreciated and thanks for replying to my post.

I can't stand anything much smaller than a staff bag. After all my gear and peripherals are loaded into any bag, there's not enough weight difference to justify going smaller. I usually avoid the bag drop so my clubs are never left unattended. I never walk a course so that point is moot. My biggest issue is that I hate fighting to get a club in or out of a tiny slot with other clubs getting their grips tangled up. Get the staff bag!

Btw, I'm not a hybrid fan either so gimme a 4 iron. And no hybrid (or any club for that matter) will ever feel as rewarding as a pured 3 or 4 iron!!

Who cares about handicap, if golf truly is a mental game, you'll score better with an iron you enjoy looking upon at address!

well said Chiromikey

Thanks Chriomikey! :) If I had the space and money, I'd probably have the staff bag. I still got a stand bag that's different, plus Volvik is slowly making its way into the states anyway. It's not like the company isn't known anymore.

For my 2 bobs worth I would not remotely consider the Musiik over the Miura.

Miura is as good as it gets

Thanks for the post Craig. I'm starting to see that from the poll and the replies. I felt I was making a good decision here, but just wanted a little bit of confirmation.

I really like Muziik products, but for irons you gotta go the Muira route

Defo go for the Miura MB5005. They look wonderful. And on some of the other topics of discussion, get a Miura staff bag. You can't live your life expecting some git to rob your prized possessions. A bit of bling on the course is a good thing.

To add my thought on blades, I'm a 16 capper and I will be playing blades by this time next week. Love the look and it gives me confidence at address. So if you prefer the blades over the 5005 then you go for it mate.

I haven't played hybrids for many years now, as they always seemed to go left on me. Have always been happier with either driving irons or a 7 wood or 9 wood! Strange but that's what I prefer. Lol.

Muziik makes brilliant shafts. As mentioned above though, Miura irons, if you select the right model, are nothing short of brilliant.

Edited by K2_2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.