J-BEAM 535 Driver Thread!!!

TSG now has these in stock, we also have a few custom spec heads such as 9* with -1* open face at 198g, 10* Square 198g etc..

One of the hottest drivers out in Japan, Jbeam has been climbing the long drive circuit, it's a 2 piece head made of a composite titanium that is supposedly hotter than even DAT55G+ I can't tell in play that it's hotter but I can say it's no worse that's for sure.

The J-Beam 535 is a 445cc head but hides it's size extremely well especially looking down at it as seen in the pictures.

What's interesting is how that edge on the back curves down toward the neck on this club, something we haven't seen with many other brands.

I've got some good time in with this head, It's very Jbeam in feel and compared to the 435 feels much better at impact and also is more forgiving with a similar flight characteristic.

I don't have the 435 to test it against but I did have the TRPX D013 to go head to head with it and the 535 is the better driver in all aspects.

Enjoy the pics, and email [email protected] if you have special head spec requests.

post-18-0-82623800-1405456093_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-34997300-1405456142_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-70079800-1405456160_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-24855400-1405456177_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-45793700-1405456194_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-59561700-1405456214_thumb.jpg

Just got mine will be building it this week and taking it out to the course over the weekend.

good looking driver. how does it launch? high enough for a chopper like me? :)

In it's natural form the design promotes less spin and a more piercing mid trajectory so for you I would suggest the 14* custom ordered loft.

Here is an image showing one of the unique features the 535 has, I'm awaiting specifics on the purpose of this in relation to performance but this same angular taper has been carried over to the new RX-FW which is a stud as well.

post-18-0-82765700-1405459541_thumb.jpg

Why don't the manufactures take pictures like this, as I'm sure they'd sell a lot more product. Great photographs Chris. Keep up the good work.

Starting to like this driver.... Might be getting bored from the Maxima. Time for a change???

I can see why this one's gaining popularity on the long drive circuit. Keeps the ball on a flat trajectory and is more forgiving across the face than previous jBeams. You can go after it without worrying too much about center of face contact.

So this is the successor the to beloved, original 435? Even the Crazy 435, essentially?

That thing was a bazooka! Not the best feeling but for pure performance, tough to beat.

I would say yes its the successor to the 435, It does feel better too. Just great all around driver I gotta hand it to JBeam as over the years they have made some of our favorites here on TSG

Crazy 435

Jbeam 425 Tour

Jbeam 435

They made TRPX

This 535

The Glorious is fantastic in custom spec

If you think about all the above drivers I like each for a different feeling and it's really tough to say one is better than the other, I can't say it because they are all unique. the 425Tour omg.

Been playing the JBeam 425 Tour 10.5*/ Roddio Shingo 2009 combo and driving really well with it - so far my fav JDM driver head of all time..

JBeam 535 11*/ Roddio Shingo 2010 combo gotta be done next!

The face looks exactly like TRPX, no? crown shape too.. wondering how much "new" technology is in this one

The face looks exactly like TRPX, no? crown shape too.. wondering how much "new" technology is in this one

Was wondering the same.

J Beam did produce the D013 and S013 for TRPX so they share the same DNA, but the 535 is completely different in every dimension, at every angle and gravity point.

There is no new "technology" in most drivers now days, just different flavors.

J Beam did produce the D013 and S013 for TRPX so they share the same DNA, but the 535 is completely different in every dimension, at every angle and gravity point.

There is no new "technology" in most drivers now days, just different flavors.

I have both the D013 and the new 535. They look similar but not the same. Sound at impact is very different. Much better in the 535.

Distance wise the 535 is longer. Forgiviness is about the same.

I have the D married to a TPRX 1st shaft and the 535 with a Bangvoo Premium shaft both in stiff.

I heard a lot of good things about the Bangvoo Premium shaft. But since the 535 hosel depth is deeper, a more active tip shaft is recommended, with Bangvoo Premium will it reduce distance?

I was also concerned about that but went ahead with the combo anyway. I don't have a comparison of this head with another shaft, but in this combo the distance is very good. For the moment is the longest driver that I have.

The 535 is actually "for JBEAM" a shallower hosel depth than usual and combo'd together with a nice deep face to stable it out.

The Bangvoo shaft's while awesome are what I consider a safe "Fuji like Design" made with top notch materials which is somewhat similar to MUSO except in price. I don't mean similar in design I mean similar that they both have fairly basic and safe designs.

To give you an idea of an aggressive design think Crazy and many of you will get the picture. to put that in perspective TRPX is a safer design than Crazy which is why it's easier to fit into. The TRPX Air is the most aggressive design TRPX has at the moment.

If you can manage to select the proper flex and specs of the TRPX Air and marry it with this Jbeam head you got the same weapon many long drive competitors in Japan are using. The Air has an extremely active tip 1-2 flexes up for most people does the trick.

One of the benifits many like about high grade carbon shafts is how stable they are and how they square up the club face at impact effectively, on the negative side sometimes they feel different or boardy.

Tatsuro plays a JBEAM 425 Tour with Muziik 787 Speeder, I often see him hit every single fairway in a round. before the 787 we tested many shafts including a whole slew of Crazy shafts and it's obvious there was more distance but the result was not as often in the fairway.

Often the best shaft is the one that matches your tempo and allows you to hit it straight consistently.

The 535 is actually "for JBEAM" a shallower hosel depth than usual and combo'd together with a nice deep face to stable it out.

The Bangvoo shaft's while awesome are what I consider a safe "Fuji like Design" made with top notch materials which is somewhat similar to MUSO except in price. I don't mean similar in design I mean similar that they both have fairly basic and safe designs.

To give you an idea of an aggressive design think Crazy and many of you will get the picture. to put that in perspective TRPX is a safer design than Crazy which is why it's easier to fit into.

Chris my other shaft options for the 535 are the TPRX and the Crazy Boron. I will try those if the Bangvoo doesn't work out

Chris my other shaft options for the 535 are the TPRX and the Crazy Boron. I will try those if the Bangvoo doesn't work out

Does the Bangvoo play stable and straight for you?