J-BEAM 535 Driver Thread!!!

Chris my other shaft options for the 535 are the TPRX and the Crazy Boron. I will try those if the Bangvoo doesn't work out

Try Quadra, I have the TP-V and it works exceptionally well with the 535.

Try Quadra, I have the TP-V and it works exceptionally well with the 535.

+1 TP-V is a great great shaft for the more aggressive swinger. Reliable, great distance, good feel.

Does the Bangvoo play stable and straight for you?

The Bangvoo is straight but ball flight is very low. If i swing really hard at it then I end up hitting off the toe. When I catch it though the ball goes a long way and has a good amount of run to it.

Can anybody compare launch / ball flight / spin of the jBeam 535 to the Ryoma Maxima Type-V?

The Maxima is more wild and higher. The Jbeam is similar to the trajectory of the 435 IMO.

I would agree. The 535 is now my gamer. I love the feel, sound, look of the Modart MA01D. But the 535 shafted with the Muso, left skid marks on the Modart shafted with Quadra Proto and later Quadra TP-V.

The JBEAM 535 and MUSO XDB IS an amazing combo. What impressed me most about the 535 was the feel and forgiveness. All JBEAM heads until the 535 TPLX X included have a hard feel to them. The 535 is IN MY TOP 3 IN THE FEEL category along with the T388 and the Romaro Type R. I have a 12 degree head, but it plays very strong for its loft. A great mid trajectory with excellent carry , and a perfect angle of descent with great rollout. It was a mix between the SYARD T.388 , and ROMARO TYPE R. Its the best JBEAM HEAD Ive hit to date. The pured shot and feel with the 535 makes this club very addicting, but its not harsh on less than perfect shots. Very forgiving across the face. It looks to be a battle for me between the ROMARO TYPE R and 535 for all around driver performance.

Edited by driverhead

12*? What do you normally use? I know the new Muso plays stiffer than normal, might to share your experience and logic with us?

I also have a Type-R in 10.5*, very interested in how 535 works! Thanks. Tom

12*? What do you normally use? I know the new Muso plays stiffer than normal, might to share your experience and logic with us?

I also have a Type-R in 10.5*, very interested in how 535 works! Thanks. Tom

The courses I play on in the Maryland DC area, are always watered down due to either winter spring rains, or over watering in the summer to keep them from burning out. I also play early in the morning and dew is a factor. I play on wet bent or lush grainy Bermuda. As a result I go for lofts 10,5 to 11.5 to get max carry. The JBEAM 12 degree however has the same ballflight as my Titleist 913. d2 9.5 has. I hit it dead straight or a slight fade. I have a 2 driver setup in my bag with the JBEAM 535 to hit the straight or controlled power fade, or the ROMARO TYPE R 10.5 to hit the controlled draw. In fun rounds on wide open holes I use the QUELOT LE MUSO XL combo.

What I like about the 535 is the variance. Tee it low for a powerful stinger shot, and higher for a nice flat mid. high shot.

Edited by driverhead

• 1 month later...

If you can manage to select the proper flex and specs of the TRPX Air and marry it with this Jbeam head you got the same weapon many long drive competitors in Japan are using.

Ive put the TRPX air in both the Glorious and 535 heads. THis is a very stable shaft that kicks like a mule. THe 535 Air combo gives me the purest hits, replacing the T.388 as the best performance driver I have. I hit it dead straight or a power fade very similar to the T.388 but with a more lively feel and more forgiveness. Very rare to miss left. The into the wind performance is the best Ive ever seen. I have been playing on such swampy fairways this year rollout cant be measured. This club would go miles on fast fws. I hit a par 5 in 2 this past week, that I normally need fast conditions and downwind conditions to pull that feat off.

The Glorious has a magic hot spot that is incredible. More hollow feeling than the 535, hits higher, good distance anywhere on the face but magical on the power sweet spot. Both JBEAM heads seem to be built for the AIR shaft. The Muso XDB shaft was also excellent in the 535, as was the Muso XL in the Glorious, but the AIR shaft maxed out everything I can get on a solid hit with both clubs.

Both clubs have a 46 inch total length.

Edited by driverhead

• 4 weeks later...

I know when the TRPX S and D model drivers came out they seemed to be a big hit. Now that the Ryoma D-1 Type V has been out for a while how does this new JBeam 535 stack up in terms of distance, feel and forgiveness when compared to the Ryomas, TRPX, S-Yards, Modarts, Romaro. Is this the newest and biggest surprise as I'm thinking on pulling the trigger on one with a TRPX Raytis Touale shaft S flex. I would love to hear more opinions on this driver and why it's getting so much praise.

The 535 head has me very interested after reading all the great feed back.

My first taste of a JDM Driver was the TRPX D-103 10.5° with a Quadra Fire Express TP-V SR 75. I love how easy it is to hit, the feel, the unique sound and most of all how consistently tight dispersion is. The only draw back with this combo is that I hit it very high, actually too high even thou it doesn't balloon.

Would like to really know how the loft and launch of the 535 head compares against how I hit the TRPX D-105. Would really like get a 535 but need to do it right based on as much info as I can get due to the costs. I don't have access to track man or similar to get any data that helps at this stage.

For me yhe 535 11* gets up on a mid-high launch quick but does not balloon. Seems to like a lower tee height and a level blow.

My 425 Tour likes being teed up a bit higher and just likes to be thumped.....period.

Both are great.

Well I went ahead and ordered one with a TRPX Touale stiff shaft. I'm hoping this club delivers. From what I'm hearing this club is a big favorite, surpasses their last model and is a game changer for most. I'm hoping this club is as forgiving as the TRPX models as I need all the help I can get at my age. Lol. Also I hope this has a good feel to it compare to their other drivers as they have been noted to be on the harsh side.

Well I went ahead and ordered one with a TRPX Touale stiff shaft. I'm hoping this club delivers. From what I'm hearing this club is a big favorite, surpasses their last model and is a game changer for most. I'm hoping this club is as forgiving as the TRPX models as I need all the help I can get at my age. Lol. Also I hope this has a good feel to it compare to their other drivers as they have been noted to be on the harsh side.

Your beast is built, it ships tomorrow :)

I have both the 535 and the TPRX D

The TPRX is just slightly more forgiving. The 535 has a better feel and sound. The 535 is also longer by a few yards.

For me the two are a toss up. Can play either and be very satisfied.

The TPRX is just slightly more forgiving. The 535 has a better feel and sound. The 535 is also longer by a few yards.

How do you go flight wise? Are they the same or does one launch higher than the other at the same loft?

I do as well and while the 535 is new and have only little time with it, I have to say its growing on me. Ball flight is higher than my TRPX D at the same loft for the head, but the shafts are different. Diamana X in the TRPX and Crazy Boron in the 535...all around winner goes to the TRPX. I love the sound and feel of the head (sounds like a crunching crushing blow) and its very forgiving...combine that w/ an awesome shaft in the Diamana X and it's very hard to not put this in the bag every round. It's definitely longer as well, but I think that might have something to do w/ the shaft (length is longer and the way this shaft loads and unloads for me is perfect), but having a nice big sweet spot helps as well!

Like I said though, the 535 is growing on me and looks fantastic (white head w/ white and red Crazy Boron!), but the sound is a little more of a metallic pop than the crunch that inspires a lot of confidence for me on impact (TRPX). Length-wise, the 535 plays at 44.5" and the TRPX is at 45"

Can't go wrong with either, like Ash said, just make sure you pair either w/ a complementing shaft.

Edited by needmoregolf

The TPRX is a higher launch. The 535 with the MUSO XDB shaft is a mid launch combo.

I just took mine out today for the 1st time for 9 holes and did very well with it, considering I played in some strong winds The wind was either directly in my face or a cross wind which made it difficult to hit the shots I was wanting too. It was in the 60's so I wasn't expected it to perform as well as it did. I managed to hit 5/7 fairways as 2 did get away from me due to a bad swing and the wind. I did hit 3 out of those 5 that got my attention especially on the last hole which is a par 5 as I had a good 230 over the water as I had no problem. When you nail it you know it. Sound was a bit on the louder side than what I'm used to but the feel was very good as it gave me the feedback that I knew it was going to be a nice drive. I'm very pleased with mine as the TRPX Raytis Touale loads nicely with a fantastic kick. I just wish winter wasn't around the corner. Thanks TSG once again very pleased with my purchase.

How does it compare with the ryoma maxima ? Thks