The NEW Epon Pesonal Iron for 2014

604_skyline

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the distance? Are they a club short like the P1's?

probably the same but compared to 316

there is some difference, higher launch more spin.

definitely point and shoot. was consistently short.

adjustmenst will sort that out. oh the chrome the chrome!

Easier than Personal1? You got my attention, Carlo. Personal1 was CB easy. Ohh, I still regret I sold mine ... as the Epon dealer in a country next to mine still got brand new Personal1 left, I might buy it, but now I got to try P2 first :-)

Mark

Easier than Personal1? You got my attention, Carlo. Personal1 was CB easy. Ohh, I still regret I sold mine ... as the Epon dealer in a country next to mine still got brand new Personal1 left, I might buy it, but now I got to try P2 first :-)

Mark

Suggest you demo them before pulling the trigger. Pretty sure you will like feel.

Looks it depends:)

Sorry Boys,

with greatest respect, if you need that much offset there are better irons for you than blades!

I like the minimalist look but I would miss every shot left (or at least feel like I would) with those things.

Miura MB001's for me I think

Mr. Kobayashi told us in person that the personal 1 he designed is short on distance.

I think none of this is a problem, I don't look for distance in irons much anyway just that my gaps are filled, and I also don't mind some offset.

The thing is this is not normal offset making it more of a fun and interesting back up set imo, I've never seen this much offset on a blade in over a decade and for that I applaud Epon for going there but this also doesn't make much sense.

As pete said if you need that much offset I suggest a different iron.

I'm interested to see how many who said "club X" has way too much offset now go for this one that has even more.

Another option is to have TSG refinish it in black boron, black oxide, or soft black to minimize the look and size of this club.

Don't forget it's not just the offset that's an issue for some, these have a different more Japanese rounded shape.

In regards to a black finish, this is what Yururi did with the PDG, I saw it unfinished and it looked larger in size and offset after the black finish it looked pretty close to the Yammy RMX Tour MB much to our surprise.

In NiCr Satin I think it could look even bigger than in chrome.

I think something like this iron we did here in black boron on these 302's would hide some of the offset.

post-18-0-85324700-1408029791_thumb.jpg

In regards to a black finish, this is what Yururi did with the PDG, I saw it unfinished and it looked larger in size and offset after the black finish it looked pretty close to the Yammy RMX Tour MB much to our surprise.

I think something like this iron we did here in black boron on these 302's would hide some of the offset.

attachicon.gifAF-302-Epon-refinish.jpg

Ooohhh, now that would be a nice finish on these new P2's! how does this finish wear in general (or has it not been employed enough to know yet)?

Contact me with details of your build so we can quote. It's case by case based on the design also we provide package deals if you set is purchased from TSG, or you decide to purchase new paint fill, shafts + grips installed.

This particular finish is black boron, done at the same place Miura's black boron irons are done.

It's a plating so it will not wear, but I've seen a couple of complaints online about Miura's that have flaked. It's not common though but I must warn.

In the event it does flake you can send it back to us and the re-refinishing fee is half off for the redo.

We can remove light dings, do any type of paint fill, and upgrade with any shaft and or grip you like. We even have fancy ferrules :)

This whole thing is still in Beta, we are testing it out with select members before offering it full scale.

Here are my Yamaha heads:

post-18-0-82429400-1408034485_thumb.jpg

Now thats the perfect iron.....i definitely need to get one of these to fill my rotation !

Chris can we see a sample of their copper finish?

My ideal one would be the old epon copper finish that

Patinas and turns reddish after the initial shine has been worn off.

Had planned this finish for the personal 1s

Flaking did concern me, but will be keen after some feedback.

MMM what to do, sell my sus or personals to have one of them done.....have them all done???

Looks superb Chris

Our 3 types of copper are not to our standard, we most likely won't be offering it.

Epon has an amazing copper finish but it's not exactly a copper finish it's something else.

We have been experimenting with dual finish clubs first finish in copper then black then remove the black for a brushed look but our club crafters don't want to deal with that difficult process.

Anyway sorry for thread jacking. PM for further questions. These P2's look nice.

These 302's look stunning Chris.

I'll take a set of the 903 in 20* and 23*, these 302's from 5i - 7i, the AF Tours from 8i - PW and the 213 wedges 52* 58*. Shafted with some custom coloured Roddio shafts and ferrules would make an awesome looking combo :)

That 302 is pretty spectacular.

Black Boron looks sick with white fill too.....the finish looks amazing but the finish is not as durable as Miura may claim it to be....i saw a set that had minimum play but the finish had started to wear off the soles and face. Finish looks stunning but durability leaves much to be desired.

That was my concern...I was all set to send my personals in for the treatment when I was told some problems have been known.

Chris has been up front with this though...my question is what offerings does the TSG clubworks have in plating that is tried and tested?

We will just have to wait and see how they (baron) go for Chris before we denote for sure!

I'm pretty familiar with black boron on gold's factory putters but its different because a putter takes no where near as much damage and deform as an iron or wedge so we see no ill effects.

The bottom line on black boron is it's the nicest black most would agree and of course it will scratch but the biggest negative is a small percentage of them will flake, in which TSG Club Works will reduce the re-finish price in half. I have never seen a flakey club myself but know it's happened multiple times.

But think what our other black options are: black oxide, soft black, teflon black, gun blue while all good black boron looks the best imo, it's a plating and acetone wouldn't hurt it either.

I do highly suggest black oxide though, it's not as pretty because it's flat and it wears very quickly but rusty raw wedges just feel special.

would be nice to take these P2's put them in Satin with a raw face or black.

Copper is not stable but looks really good spruced up.

Our brushed copper rusts like no other, I wish it would just stay like this.

post-18-0-64092400-1408157968_thumb.jpg

These 302's look stunning Chris.

I'll take a set of the 903 in 20* and 23*, these 302's from 5i - 7i, the AF Tours from 8i - PW and the 213 wedges 52* 58*. Shafted with some custom coloured Roddio shafts and ferrules would make an awesome looking combo :)

haha Ian...we think alike buddy....Thats my next move, sending my 903s in for clubworks baron or golds treatment.

Not sure yet.....But it would be a good way to test the baron for me.