honma driving iron

supo

2/3/4 gamed today with modus shafts.

Sensational better for me than the stock one.

Can hit it harder doesnt affect it

Only question now is which bloody one to game if not all !

Almost tempted to can the 3-4-5-6 irons

Well no not really..

But damn these are terrifico

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these are next on my list =)

the modus shaft is a heck of a lot more stiuff nadl ow than the vizerd shaft.

defiantly recomended for ahrder hitters.

the vizard is excelent ,but then u hit the steel u realsie the differnce.

i had the 2 iron going about 225, that has the NS 950 s in ti actually.

the 3 about 210 and the 4 just over 200

plus or minus a few yards..,

the 4 is just too long for a par 3 under 200 and not quite enough for a 205 with small wind into you ,

itll get on but front edge max.

the 3 can be too long if i really get it and the2 is just superb off the tees to take any obstacle out of play. short par 4s like sub 400 i hit this all yesterday and didnt mis a fairway with it

2 iron then 9 iron to 380 with bunkers everywhere

or when i played off the white tees i hit this on about 8 holes. straight darn the tubes!

just an all round superb stick

feel is amazing, and it looks like it meant for business.

theres NO offset , its just a big iron.

seriosuly loving it

loving it

as i sad hardest part is to know which one to use

just game them all. i have the # 2 with vizard stiff. think il leave this stock

as i want a friendlier shaft in the 18* for off the tee use.

i don't have the #3/4 but have a 903 which is shafted with a aerotech which i absolutely

love. still gaming my real #4 iron and have no probs with it just yet:)

the modus shaft is a heck of a lot more stiuff nadl ow than the vizerd shaft.

defiantly recomended for ahrder hitters.

the vizard is excelent ,but then u hit the steel u realsie the differnce.

i had the 2 iron going about 225, that has the NS 950 s in ti actually.

the 3 about 210 and the 4 just over 200

plus or minus a few yards..,

the 4 is just too long for a par 3 under 200 and not quite enough for a 205 with small wind into you ,

itll get on but front edge max.

the 3 can be too long if i really get it and the2 is just superb off the tees to take any obstacle out of play. short par 4s like sub 400 i hit this all yesterday and didnt mis a fairway with it

2 iron then 9 iron to 380 with bunkers everywhere

or when i played off the white tees i hit this on about 8 holes. straight darn the tubes!

just an all round superb stick

feel is amazing, and it looks like it meant for business.

theres NO offset , its just a big iron.

seriosuly loving it

loving it

as i sad hardest part is to know which one to use

I can only carry 14 clubs, unlike you :-). Its the 3 for me, took out my 4i from the bag. Grip down on my 3 honma, it becomes 4i with steriods. Now deciding if i should ditch my RBZ 18 deg for a Honma 2i.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yea that a tough one bec its not ideal from the deck (2i)

i think ud prob use the 3 a lot more bec like anything DIesque....

from the edeck just the slightes miss**t and its curtains.

that why the 3 is the perfect option for an all rounder.

Not sure abt the vizard as i bot my 3i stock. I hv it on a kbs c taper lite just so its seemless with my irons.

Thinking now to try it with a crazy ute OR fujikura mci to blend it with my other iron set

• 2 weeks later...

Buddy I am a 14 handicap, 90 ss.

Since I added the DIs to my bag I have won 2 club comps in a row, shot 4 over for one round with a double and didn't make a put :)

I hit the 20* 230-240 double accurate of the T or the deck.

Shaft selection is key...Fuji MCI is what works for me.

Granted I don't shoot that sort of score just using the DIs, but they have super charged my confidence.

Highly recommended if you like the looks.

Edited by hutchy

Buddy I am a 14 handicap, 90 ss.

Since I added the DIs to my bag I have won 2 club comps in a row, shot 4 over for one round with a double and didn't make a put :)

I hit the 20* 230-240 double accurate of the T or the deck.

Shaft selection is key...Fuji MCI is what works for me.

Granted I don't shoot that sort of score just using the DIs, but they have super charged my confidence.

Highly recommended if you like the looks.

Hutchy

Is correct the DI's can really give you confidence off the tee and from various lies. This DI is really good and worth a shot.

Ash you are the same cap as me buddy, I guarantee these have changed my game ;)

Will keep you posted after my round tomorrow, could be on track for another win.

B

I aspire to be in your league my friend.

• 3 months later...

well.......... this is the club of last year for me for sure.

i took all 3 of them back home at chrissy and used them a lot!.

the 3 back home actually was prob the most usefull, bec i hit it off the deck a lot and many times off the tee bec the sydney courses i play are much shorter (and thinner..!!!!) than im used to here, once again, it didnt take me long to realsie position postition position isnt just a real estate ethos!!!!

the common theme of a mid launch straight start with a small fade to the right edge was numblingly consistant.

it became my go to club by a mile. the 2i (18* ) isnt the easist to hit off a deck, but the 3 and 4 are prety friendly.

this contrats with the 2 adn 4 i hit all the time in japan and never use the 3.

it comes down to what u like to look at

i like looking at an iron, and this loks JUST like a big iron so i hit it like one. the other utes ive hit are quasy things that are semi driver swings nad i get confused mid swing. with this. no such thought.

cant say enough good things about this club

2014................... no 1 club......!

cant agree more. My best purchase of 2014 - the 3i. The long par 3s, tight driving holes are no longer a prob. Took away my regular onoff 4i & just choke down on this if i need to. Forgiving & easy off the deck

I want to try these out pretty bad. I love bagging DI's. They look cooler in the bag :)

Though several have said it's a forgiving for a DI, forgiveness is relative to the individual's ball striking and all around skill. My concern is that it won't be forgiving enough still. I have an older Srixon zr-uti 20*, which I think TSGers kinda liked a few years back. How is the Honma in forgiveness and overall size compared to my old Srixon?

For point of reference, I've never really thought that the Srixon was "easy" to hit off the deck unless the fairways were dry and fluffy, which it tends to be during droughts in the Midwest. And forget about the rough. So, if the Honma is less forgiving than that one, unfortunately, I probably won't even try it out. Off the tee I'm generally a happy camper though.

Stew is correct this is an excellent DI. I have taken out all of my UT's and replaced them with this club. The ball flight is excellent and gets me out of many a situation. Hitting from the rough is no worries and I use it to get out of trouble when I need a low piercing bullet. Off the tee on short par fours or long par threes this is a great option for me. Cant go wrong with it.

i lovd that sriko di, my buddy i play with here has one of my old ones.

i gave him my honma to comare it to this season. he liked the honma but thought the srixon wa a bit easier on the eye for a higher capper.

they felt pretty similar, but the srixon i thought prob a bit softer and hence accounted for the peace of mind.

the sroxon has a bit more offset and looka just a little bit more like a ute DI than the honam which just loooks like a big iron.

the new srixon is closer in look to the honma but once again with just a bit more offset to it.

my take is,, if u LOVE hitting your irons , and hit 3 and 4 irons regularly , then the honma is an absolute no brainer, if not so much then the srixon will be perfectly fine., both are really good . the honma tho for me is the best.

I liked the Honma as well with the Vizard shaft. But my favorites remain the Yonex 0 and the Cally Proto 18, which no one can get any more. I realize it's USDM, which is a shame because I think you guys would love it. Seems to me the Honma is modeled on it. Softest of them all, easiest to hit off tee or deck, also the smallest of them all.