honma driving iron

supo

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/honma-tour-world-tw-u-utility

THIS thing is going in the bag, end of chat

i almost fell over myself when i saw this in the flesh on saturday

i didnt have enough time to get it in my wekeend bag, but i assure you it will be in next weekends.

this is the best looking DI ive ever seen, and ive tried a ton of them

have no interest playing it as a ute its 100% about being an off the tee accuracy seeking device.

calling longy's first!!!!!

god i hoope it plays as good as it looks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen! The only issues with this club are the stock shafts for the better player. but if you swap it out its imo top of the heap.

other DI`s are sexier no doubt but this one does what the pretty ones should do, make it easier to hit long, towering shots that drop with consistency.

the shaft is an NS 850 which might have to be tinned for a monacco 2 iron id think., i went the 18* version. so its literally a driving option and littel else

One of the best driving irons out on the market today. Very versatile and can be worked both directions. Love the shape as it sets up close to the irons and makes for an easy transition. Host of the Honma staffers have this in the bag regardless of which model iron they play. Was designed for the better players, but I don't see why a mid capper can't get results with this. Very easy to control

ive gamed this locally i find it a tad unforgiving compared to the other offerings.

it does look nice and has the least offset which most Tsgers will crave. defintely

for the better player.

the DIs of mickelson, els have more offset than this:)

• 4 weeks later...

well........................... CLUB OF THE YEAR.................................... for me so far.

went with the stock honma sakata stiff 85 shaft to test it out, bec its winter and thought s bit less stress is a good idea.

well it was!!

in fact t was SO good i left it in oz

i didnt miss hit one shot with this, not once, from the tee i get it to 206+ meters. straight tiny fade off deck about 185 ish

used this on LOTS of short par 4s (which my course has PLENTY of )

at uber consistant and confidence insprining il ldo some

awsome feel.

100% confident is sanying its the best DI ive ever used

no off set

none

its is a perfect match in my bag.

gonna take something special to beat this for my club of the year

well........................... CLUB OF THE YEAR.................................... for me so far.

went with the stock honma sakata stiff 85 shaft to test it out, bec its winter and thought s bit less stress is a good idea.

well it was!!

in fact t was SO good i left it in oz

i didnt miss hit one shot with this, not once, from the tee i get it to 206+ meters. straight tiny fade off deck about 185 ish

used this on LOTS of short par 4s (which my course has PLENTY of )

at uber consistant and confidence insprining il ldo some

awsome feel.

100% confident is sanying its the best DI ive ever used

no off set

none

its is a perfect match in my bag.

gonna take something special to beat this for my club of the year

whats your loft? have an 18 incoming

also bought the 3 iron 21* with same shaft the vizard 85s.

i. kinda of agree with TSG'er, that the shaft "might" be slightly unsuited for the harder swinger.

the 2 iron i dont think thats an issue , but with the 3i it cud be.

i was drawing it all yesterday. as opposed to cuts with the 18* all last week

the one thing that is MILES better in the 21* is its playability off the deck,

lordy ho is this a beauty to hit off the grass!

easily taken ove the 3 or 4 iron spot.

must have hit over 20 shots this wekeend with it and didnt even nealry miss one.

distance off grass is about 195-215 id think nad from he tee about 10 plus more . so the long par 3s i play id htink this is a no brainer.

so much easier than a 3 iron. higher and floatier.

in fact id be more tempted to bag this and a 3 iron and drop the 4 iron.

195 yard par 3 yesteday i hit both the 4i and this thing with a choed down cut. the distance was close to about equal. but SO much more confidence inspiring with this than the 4i. especialy as i had to carry 180+ yards of water to the green , just layed this open abit hit a high cut with ease.

the zero off set is its biggest advantage to me.

its just like ,literally , hitting a giant iron.

aboslutely love it!

Edited by supo67

bought the 3i few mths ago & changed the shaft to kbs, similar to my irons. Best investment for me this yr. Had problems with long par 3s / 180-90m, getting this changed my game. Great off the tee & off fairway. I have very tight par4s & using this off tee then 2nd - easy. Thinking of getting the 2i now. Miles easier than the titliest or epons

also bought the 3 iron 21* with same shaft the vizard 85s.

i. kinda of agree with TSG'er, that the shaft "might" be slightly unsuited for the harder swinger.

the 2 iron i dont think thats an issue , but the 21 it cud be. i was drawing it all yesterday. as opposed to cuts with the 18* all last week

the one thing that is MILES better in the 21* is its playability off the deck,

lordy ho is this a beauty to hit off the grass!

easily taken ove the 3 or 4 iron spot.

must have hit over 20 shots this wekeend with it and didnt even nealry miss one.

distance off grass is about 195-215 id think nad from he tee about 10 plus more . so the long par 3s i play id htink this is a no brainer.

so much easier than a 3 iron. higher and floatier.

in fact id be more tempted to bag this and a 3 iron and drop the 4 iron.

195 yard par 3 yesteday i hit both the 4i and this thing with a choed down cut. the distance was close to about equal. but SO much more confidence inspiring with this than the 4i. especialy as i had to carry 180+ yards of water to the green , just layed this open abit hit a high cut with ease.

the zero off set is its biggest advantage to me.

its just like ,literally , hitting a giant iron.

aboslutely love it!

Do you think the head will fit crazy ute shaft ?

yea.. ive got a diamaa stinger in a ute shaft that in going to prob put i nthe 3i. to just tighten it upa bit more.

full shots off the tees were going just a bit soft.

im gonna ge the 24* 4i as well with steel for shotrter par 3s .

these are so good.

did u think the change from carbon to steel made a differnce ?

Anyone got any comparisons to the Epon 903 ?

I am playing the 20* with a GD UT shaft and doubt any club will look as good. The GD UT grey / white looks just amazing with the Epon 903 head.

yea.. ive got a diamaa stinger in a ute shaft that in going to prob put i nthe 3i. to just tighten it upa bit more.

full shots off the tees were going just a bit soft.

im gonna ge the 24* 4i as well with steel for shotrter par 3s .

these are so good.

did u think the change from carbon to steel made a differnce ?

Bot my 3i with the stock steel shaft. Never played with the stock as i wanted the feel to be similar to my yammy set. Just itching to try it on my crazy shaft. Might get the 2i & fit into crazy. Take the rbz tour 18 deg out of the bag completely

I would have thought that any driving iron would launch too low with a Crazy UT in it. Crazy UT's are perfect for hybrids as they bring the flight down

I would have thought that any driving iron would launch too low with a Crazy UT in it. Crazy UT's are perfect for hybrids as they bring the flight down

Not these heads. Like supo67 mentioned, these seem to float, not balloon. Easy to launch, it feels like a 6i trajectory.

I hv tried the 712u, no comparison. I would think the epon plays similar to 712u.

from memory , crazy uts shats are very low laucnhing,

i remeber liking that shaft more than anythign else crazy made., i thought it was sesational.

yes it is ive got s tiff in my royal collection bbd 505 18* adn its terrific. i can draw that a bit which is unusual for me.

very good shaft, hmmmmmmm

now u got me thiniknig

Anyone got any comparisons to the Epon 903 ?

I am playing the 20* with a GD UT shaft and doubt any club will look as good. The GD UT grey / white looks just amazing with the Epon 903 head.

i am gaming a 20* 903 with aerotech players spec shaft. my go to club right now.

i picked up a 18* Honma di and will compare the two.

ive now got 2-3-4 in these.

keeping the 2 stock.

the 3 is stinger

the 4 steel.

that shud get me on to every mo fo par 3 from time immemorium!!!!!!!

Edited by supo67