PRGR iD BL head size?

Bunches

They look on paper to be just what I'm looking for in a second set of irons, but if I find a used set, I'm going to have to buy them without hitting them. That's a little scary to me.

How big is the head, heel to toe, compared to the AF-302?

Does anyone who has a set, care to make any general comments on them?

Thanks,

Valerie

Waiting on this specific info myself in my earlier thread. There's some positive feedback on page 2 if you haven't seen it yet.

Give me a day and I'll do comparo pics with the 302's

I have both sets..... hard to say which ones I like best.

IF I had to choose I'd take the uummmm the uummmm .... guess I need to go hit

them again side by side.

The id-bl's are really good.

Thanks for the replies. I just heard from someone that the PRGR are maybe a little bigger and have a little more offset. I was hoping they'd be in the other direction. I love the leading and trailing relief, plus the thin soles, but they sound like my old JPX 825 Pros with a thinner top line.

I'm being told just the opposite. Was your little birdie possibly talking about the Nabla Tours instead of the ID BLs?

If what you say is true then I think you should look at the PRGR TR500. I think idrive has a set of these too.....

Nabla Tours aren't bigger or have more offset than 302s in my mind.

I don't know, but I guess we'd need someone with both for a definitive answer. The iDBL look pretty compact and have little offset from the photos in the TSG store.

The BL is smaller than the 302, no doubt about it.

BL is a touch smaller than the Nabla Tour if I remember correctly.

Nabla Tour is smaller than the 302.

I like the Nabla Tour a little more than the BL for the extra forgiveness.

The feel is in between TourStage and OnOFF.

The bottom line is the id-bl's and the 302's are so close in size you would have a very

difficult time telling them apart. Top to bottom- heel to toe.

The differences are very subtle. They id's have slightly more trailing edge relief.

Slightly more (noticable) heel relief with the id's and slightly less off set. Noticeably less offset actually.

I don't think there is much diff. forgiveness wise.

302 is always on the right

1st single pic is the id. last pic is 302. You can clearly see the id's have less offset.

Tough picking up the differences with a camera.

If you're looking for something as close to the 302's as possible with the differences I've

mentioned, IMO you won't find anything any better. Especially for what you can pick a set up for.

post-9287-0-46102700-1406173583_thumb.jp

post-9287-0-75454800-1406173591_thumb.jp

post-9287-0-42363700-1406173609_thumb.jp

post-9287-0-38666600-1406173626_thumb.jp

post-9287-0-78504600-1406173639_thumb.jp

post-9287-0-35957600-1406173652_thumb.jp

post-9287-0-03870800-1406173668_thumb.jp

post-9287-0-51072200-1406173678_thumb.jp

post-9287-0-35102200-1406173688_thumb.jp

Wow, that answers all of my questions. I haven't seen a set second hand but will keep looking.

Thanks for taking the time to post and take the photos.

Valerie

I can find a few used sets, but they cost more than TSG was closing these out brand new.

We had these at 695.00 5-PW 6 months ago, where was everyone?

Now we have that deal on the Nabla Tour which is outstanding but I think everyone will want those 6 months from now when they are all gone ;)

I can find a few used sets, but they cost more than TSG was closing these out brand new.

Now we have that deal on the Nabla Tour which is outstanding but I think everyone will want those 6 months from now when they are all gone ;)

Heck of a deal on outstanding irons.

Would anyone be willing to take an address pic of the PW? Thanks.

Oh, and thanks for the great pics, J; really shows the little offset.

What are you thinking about these, Mikey?

These are right up my alley right now!

I noticed that price but I was on a golfing hiatus at the time. I actually sold a few things off that I shouldn't have. :(

• 2 weeks later...

A huge thank you to Jeff for loaning me a few of the iD BL as well as some of the Legacy Black Stensons. The PRGR are definitely smaller than the 302 and have less offset. They had S flex steel shafts soft stepped and I play R flex hard stepped so the shafts didn't play a big difference in the equation, just a slightly lower ball flight (I think).

Anyway, the felt great. A little more dense than my 302 and I liked the reduced offset. If I had never played the Epons, they would be my club. But at the end of the day, I prefer the feel of the 302. That "nothingness" feel on a clean strike is addicting to me. I probably got a little more feedback on the iD BL, and the less offset lead to feeling confident at address. I'm now torn between another set of 302 and the AF-Tour, which have the reduced offset and the Epon feel, kind of a cross between the BL and 302.

Once again, a big thanks to Jeff for helping me out. Heal quickly!

• 1 month later...

When the ID-BLs first arrived, I was disappointed. They were bigger than I expected, nearly identical in size to my 302s, except they looked larger because they were satin instead of dark copper. Obviously, they're not really that big but since I've been playing raw or dark colored irons, everything shiny is going to appear to be overweight. However, after just one practice session and one round, these are already in the bag. I'm coming off two sub par rounds with my Yururis but Im more excited about what I'm seeing with the PRGRs. The best way to describe these is 302s with much less offset and better turf interaction. Feel, they are fantastic...and I'd venture with the same shaft, every bit as soft as the Epons. The term "point and shoot" gets thrown around but this is the only iron that I've ever used that I would say deserves that acknowledgment. I'm so enamored on how straight these are that I haven't even tried tow work them yet. It's been said (and I agree) that the straight shot is the hardest shot to hit in golf but these turn that notion on it's head!

I'll be spending a lot of time with these...at least until I find a blade with as little or less offset!!!

8C18BB49-EFD7-4BEA-8426-B0156077A118_zps

Lol, I think we definitely have a similar liking for certain types of clubs...although I'm shocked you and Craig aren't all over the Tourstage Type-T!