My new........

Craig

Truly, I can see some help me buy my seven dreamers fire sale posts coming up

And the other thing is I had a shocker with everything else.

So it was not a good day

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the lighter overall weight of the new driver throw things off? Gotta match the feel and tempo flow of everything in the bag. This is the holy grail I think!!

This shaft is pretty average in weight attached to a normal or slightly heavier head.

It would be helpful if Craig could post his final build specs in balance and overall weight.

Our other SD orders are D2-D3 with a slightly above average overall weight.

The equation does not mean they build light golf clubs. It's still to the customers request and most of our guys are sending in 198-199g heads, to be played at 46" using 55-65g SD custom shafts.

Have just been thru the owners manual and also an email I got yesterday from Seven Dreamers.

Until now, I really had very little info on the finished product, most of which was third hand.

As mentioned I chose the balanced option and was using an S Yard 388 head marked 10.5 with a square face.

My only other instruction to Seven Dreamers was I would prefer the club to be 45 inch or less.

The S yard head was 194 gms and 10.0 degrees from SD measurements.

Thenhead weight was increased to 205.4 gms with gel filling.

The shaft is 62 gms to give overall weight incl grip etc of 319.7 gms, 45 inch, D2 swingweight, loft 10, lie 63, Flex stiff(13.0kg.x/sqm) whatevervthat means and torque of 3.5

Overall it is heavier than my other drivers, but doesnt feel it.

The difference in performance of this head To before( with stock shaft in stiff) is phenomonal.

The interesting thing with this combo is that I always suffer from a fade. Pretty much my drives will tail left to right at the end. Sometimes they will go straight, and sometimes that pansy slappy slice. Never, ever hook it. A straight pull left on the rare occasions. But pretty much the left side is just out of play for me.

After Every drive today, i said to supo, I feel that I am going to hook this, and in fact on the third I did. Foreign territory for me.

Tomorrow we play a tight course and again on Sunday where I think a couple of cool TSGers are joining us. They play pretty good to.

So more testing to follow.

Hope this helps

Thanks so much for the details and terrific descriptions, Craig. Look forward to hearing any more you care to offer following the weekend.

One question, have you played the t388 with a Messenger 1st shaft? Comparison, if possible? Thanks again.

Have just been thru the owners manual and also an email I got yesterday from Seven Dreamers.

Until now, I really had very little info on the finished product, most of which was third hand.

As mentioned I chose the balanced option and was using an S Yard 388 head marked 10.5 with a square face.

My only other instruction to Seven Dreamers was I would prefer the club to be 45 inch or less.

The S yard head was 194 gms and 10.0 degrees from SD measurements.

Thenhead weight was increased to 205.4 gms with gel filling.

The shaft is 62 gms to give overall weight incl grip etc of 319.7 gms, 45 inch, D2 swingweight, loft 10, lie 63, Flex stiff(13.0kg.x/sqm) whatevervthat means and torque of 3.5

Overall it is heavier than my other drivers, but doesnt feel it.

The difference in performance of this head To before( with stock shaft in stiff) is phenomonal.

The interesting thing with this combo is that I always suffer from a fade. Pretty much my drives will tail left to right at the end. Sometimes they will go straight, and sometimes that pansy slappy slice. Never, ever hook it. A straight pull left on the rare occasions. But pretty much the left side is just out of play for me.

After Every drive today, i said to supo, I feel that I am going to hook this, and in fact on the third I did. Foreign territory for me.

Tomorrow we play a tight course and again on Sunday where I think a couple of cool TSGers are joining us. They play pretty good to.

So more testing to follow.

Hope this helps

Thank you for that! Have a great time with your fellow TSGers!

My Seven Dreamers build data:

Club Head:Modart MA01D; Loft: 10.5; Lie Angle: 64°; Head Weight: 199.5g
Grip:IOMIC, Weight: 47.3g
Shaft: Weight: 60g; Flex 12kg (Corresponds to S-flex); Torque 3.4; Kick Point: Mid
Club Weight:308.4g
Balance:D2 
Club Length:45.25 in

****Notice the shaft weight of 60g is not what I would consider "light"*****

I believe we are making assumptions that Seven Dreamers is trying to get you to swing a 40g shaft but its actually specifically built for you and what you are looking for with your swing. In my case, its 60g.

Thank you, too, mp. That's what I meant when I thought the thread had gotten away from what the SD offering was about. I was particularly interested in your comparison of the Messenger shaft with the new SD, as what I've been using (and loving) in my t388 driver is that Messenger. Any updates on how your feelings change will be greatly appreciated here. (This is also why what Craig has said has definitely made me sit up and take notice, as he's also talking about the shaft AND the t388.)

(PS., if you're ever in the Southern Cal area, and would like to get together, a round on me at my club.)

best,

Richard

Sounds good and will do! Vice-versa if you are up in Norcal :)

What part of NorCal are you? I visit the northern Bay Area often and would love to play with a TSGer!

From Craig's build stats - sounds like they can get less weight and more performance in the tip end of the shaft? Only D2 swingweight @45 with such a heavy head. I guess this is due to the better materials and design freedom they have.

All very fascinating, and looking fwd to hearing more.

Great review Craig...You just described my driving style exactly when you gave us yours.

Have fun with that big stick over the weekend

Have you let supo loos on it yet..?

Edited by hutchy

are you able to request a certain weight of shaft? if one were to pick the balanced option, could you tell SD you wanted the shaft an exact weight? for example say 77 grams?

They will build you the shaft your swing needs based on their analysis of the questions. If they feel your swing requires a 77g shaft they would make you one provided your doing the haute couture.

I suspect they would suggest a control shaft over the 77g. The extra weight you enjoy is to smooth your tempo and transition I assume, they could go a different route in materials or design to get you the same effect in a lighter shaft possibly.

Or I could be wrong and SD finds you need 77+ and designs you one of those.

Just an FYI: matrix is chosen from a selection of 57+ designs, haute couture is a custom design and material selection for a one off shaft designed for your swing and must be done in Tokyo.

ok ill chime in here for a bit.

i hit this more than a few times last few days .

my initial thoughts were it might be too heavy nad low for craig......................................................

then he blew 4-5 past me at NSW on a typical witner day. and i went... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nope..!

i was using my justick diamana X combo , which is 100% about carry with a baby draw. theres NO roll with thhis driver. i love it in JP its sensational in summer. but ive proved that others have got its measure when its not lush.

the differnce was the flight of the syard and the roll it got once it hit deck. it went miles on nice flat surface it just keeps going

i hit it and my one on several holes and every time the SD was longer.

the SD /syrd is also VERY low launching ,.i hit pretty high drives and even the 10* of the syard was just perfect for me. ususally id be going no wasy too high. but not this one. .

yesterday i hit it with my syard 9.5* diamana B 60x driver.

flight was VERY similar but the shape was hugely differnt.

the SD is always a draw. every time, the B goes where ever i miss it. this is ah ell of a driver FYG..,

ill say right now the diamana B combo for me is extremely consistantly long. and its EQUAL to the ryoma p9003x in the wind.

its now my comp driver for links, left it down there its that good.

the difference is i can step up with the SD combo and no exaclty where the ball is going, i can iam slightly right which for me is so hard to do, and KNOW its not going to slice unless i really stuff it .

i absoluelty love this drive there is nothing like it

for feel...........,

imagine the epon zero and stinger on ROIDS...........!!!!

in the carpark after ECA kicked our assses yesterday in a lesson on wind play....

when craig had his back turned to sneeze, i tried to put it in my bag , repalce it with my NEW

2025 model TM bubbleburner rocketlaucnher ballz long yea!!!! 25* driver ............

and hope he didnt notice.

he sussed me out , JUST in time, unfortunatly.......!

Thanks, Stew, for this. Sounding more and more like I need to give this baby a try.

Craig -- I assume it still rated right up there after the weekend, yeah...?

ok ill chime in here for a bit.

i hit this more than a few times last few days .

my initial thoughts were it might be too heavy nad low for craig......................................................

then he blew 4-5 past me at NSW on a typical witner day. and i went... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nope..!

i was using my justick diamana X combo , which is 100% about carry with a baby draw. theres NO roll with thhis driver. i love it in JP its sensational in summer. but ive proved that others have got its measure when its not lush.

the differnce was the flight of the syard and the roll it got once it hit deck. it went miles on nice flat surface it just keeps going

i hit it and my one on several holes and every time the SD was longer.

the SD /syrd is also VERY low launching ,.i hit pretty high drives and even the 10* of the syard was just perfect for me. ususally id be going no wasy too high. but not this one. .

yesterday i hit it with my syard 9.5* diamana B 60x driver.

flight was VERY similar but the shape was hugely differnt.

the SD is always a draw. every time, the B goes where ever i miss it. this is ah ell of a driver FYG..,

ill say right now the diamana B combo for me is extremely consistantly long. and its EQUAL to the ryoma p9003x in the wind.

its now my comp driver for links, left it down there its that good.

the difference is i can step up with the SD combo and no exaclty where the ball is going, i can iam slightly right which for me is so hard to do, and KNOW its not going to slice unless i really stuff it .

i absoluelty love this drive there is nothing like it

for feel...........,

imagine the epon zero and stinger on ROIDS...........!!!!

in the carpark after ECA kicked our assses yesterday in a lesson on wind play....

when craig had his back turned to sneeze, i tried to put it in my bag , repalce it with my NEW

2025 model TM bubbleburner rocketlaucnher ballz long yea!!!! 25* driver ............

and hope he didnt notice.

he sussed me out , JUST in time, unfortunatly.......!

So, is your swing similar to Craigs?