Are JDM 'made for' shafts the real deal.

Petethepilot

Bought a JDM Shaft some time ago.

The shaft has the same colour scheme as the after market item.

This one has a small (Bridgestone) moniker on it as it came from a Bridgestone Tourstage driver.

Would this be a made for or the real deal!

Lots of OEM clubs come with 'made for' and tend to be a lesser quality than the after market version.

ie. sold to the club company at a cheaper price. Would a JDM company do this?

Any thoughts?

Pete

Good post Pete.

Trust Chris andthe boys will know the answer.

Double post!

See below

post-14185-0-29828400-1407147787_thumb.j

Edited by Petethepilot

This is the shaft in question.

Notice the small Bridgestone title on the right.

Otherwise the shaft looks like a 'ion' Kai'Li.

The Tourstage shafts used to look totally different than aftermarket shafts, while the shafts in Tourstage drivers that look aftermarket were always the real deal. Are you sure it came from a Tourstage driver?

I can't say that all "Made for" Japan market shafts are the same, often there are slight flex and weight adjustments making them a touch softer.

Some brands actually use legit aftermarket shafts and change the paint theme and go a flex or sub flex down, so in that case you are getting an aftermarket shaft but theres no way to tell without the inside scoop.

I would say that no brands I know of use high modulus 50T+ carbon in their stock shafts.

That Kai'li came with the xdrive 701R limited if I remember and indeed the real deal. "x5ct" is MRC's designation for the aftermarket spec shafts.

Edited by nobmontana

Thanks for your comments guys.

It felt like it was true to flex and the graphics looked the same as an after market one!

Pete

Pete im pretty sure its kosher. ive had one of those before and it was perfectly fine. right now, ive got a tourstage boron.

yup its made by diamana ive confirmed it with them but it doesnt say that anywhere. it just says tourstage and the code numbers on it

ive got it in my kasco DNA and as far as i can tell tis a bit stiffer than the stinger exaclt y the same weight

only thing i can think of with these is after market u will gt killed bec its a stigma of "made for" even tho its prob the same shaft

Pete im pretty sure its kosher. ive had one of those before and it was perfectly fine. right now, ive got a tourstage boron.

yup its made by diamana ive confirmed it with them but it doesnt say that anywhere. it just says tourstage and the code numbers on it

ive got it in my kasco DNA and as far as i can tell tis a bit stiffer than the stinger exaclt y the same weight

only thing i can think of with these is after market u will gt killed bec its a stigma of "made for" even tho its prob the same shaft

Stu, what shaft is the boron tourstage? Was it from a three wood or driver? I remember seeing the shaft model mentioned before, but can't remember. Was it similar in specs to the stinger?

Agreed,

No one wants it for $50 so I will keep it and put it in a 3 wood!

Pete

Stu, what shaft is the boron tourstage? Was it from a three wood or driver? I remember seeing the shaft model mentioned before, but can't remember. Was it similar in specs to the stinger?

exactly the same, for a driver.

its sensational its pretty clsoe to my fav shaft right now

ive been gaming it a lot , taking it to oz in winter see how it goes

think i alread y know tho!!!!

Bridgestone TXD70 is the Boron shaft which is supposedly the equivalent to Stinger.

I believe the specs are closer to the first release/ion finish Stinger as opposed to the black finish Stinger.

If you take these stock shafts and look at the specs they are not the same as their aftermarket counterpart.

This means the design has been adjusted and everything else such as materials etc. is only known by the OEM and shaft maker.

That doesn't mean any one is better than the other but OEM's do not put aftermarket shafts as standard for the simple reason of price.

• 2 weeks later...

Bridgestone TXD70 is the Boron shaft which is supposedly the equivalent to Stinger.

I believe the specs are closer to the first release/ion finish Stinger as opposed to the black finish Stinger.

yes this one..., and it has got diamana witten on it, its in my kasco 340 now(and forever) it was brilliant in winter in sdyney

wind/ schmind. bah humbug, it was sensational, left it down there, it likes the longer courses a lot not much shape to it can go very hard with top results. will play that a lot in summer