Seven Dreamers Golf Shafts - Now Available at TSG!

TourSpecGolfer

719894074.jpg

Seven Dreamers is a new shaft company launched early 2014, while new the company has a long standing history in composites dating back for over half a century. In 1955 Minamoto Takeishi Watanabe came across a material that left him intrigued with all it's possibilities, he decided to single handedly study composites and after 2 years of research in 1957 established his very first composite molding plant in Shibuya, Tokyo and thus began the company Super Resin Inc.

1467277522.jpg

Originally it started off with glass fiber composites then a year later in 1971 Super Resin took the global lead in molding carbon fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP). For those of you who are new to CFRP it's basically a composite material made of fibers and resins that has a very high strength to weight ratio that is often used in aerospace, automotive and recently sporting goods. unlike materials like steel or aluminum CFRP has directional strength properties that depend on the design and lay out of the carbon fibers.

1166966924.jpg

By the mid 80's super resin expanded into Advanced Composite Materials (ACM) establishing their first ACM plant pursuing R&D in the aerospace field and as a result developed a CFRP remote control space (drone) in 1988. Over the next decade Super Resin was the supplier for many materials used in space satellites which would evenutally lead them to join the Hayabusa project in the late 90's. The Hayabusa project is the first and only unmanned spacecraft to land on an asteroid and return to earth with an asteroid sample.

Super Resin materials are found in almost every satellite launched in Japan Today.

2359144515.jpg

Are all these advanced materials and technology overkill for a golf shaft? Simply put no it isn't, already on the market there have been shafts costing upward of $1000 dollars and some based on hype or fancy branding so now finally a shaft arrives that provides and justifies the price with quality, technology, and the consistency our money deserves.

2319244332.jpg

What makes a shaft from Seven Dreamers stand above others? Below we breakdown the difference between Industry standard shaft vs the way Seven Dreamers builds their shafts. In the standard industry process, shafts are made using a normal oven under atmospheric pressure. To apply pressure during processing, the shafts are wrapped with a shrink tape, After the process the tape has to be removed and when removed it leaves an uneven surface.

The Seven Dreamers process uses actual inner and outer metal molds while the shafts are processed in an autoclave under pressure, no need to apply shrink tape.

To smooth the uneven surface, the industry standard shaft requires grinding and polishing but the grinding while it smooths out the surface it also damages the individual fibers and that has a major impact on the performance of the shaft, the carbon fiber itself and the design is what gives the shaft its unique strength and stiffness.

The Seven Dreamers shafts are smooth as they come out of the massive autoclave, there is no need to grind and polish and there is also no need to paint either because the shaft is made perfect and true to it's blueprint with no variables or extra weight from paint. The results are shafts manufactured as they are designed consistent from one shaft to the other.

498869489.jpg

The outer mold keeps the shaft perfectly round while in the autoclave, the result is complete accuracy unlike other shafts. One of the most exciting aspects about working with Seven Dreamers is their scientific approach to total club performance, Seven Dreamers actually takes the customers club head into consideration with their proprietary fitting process during the shaft selection phase.

433219237.jpg

Paint add's unnecessary weight and covers carbon material inconsistencies, similar to how a plated finish can hide grind defects on an iron or wedge. Seven Dreamers shows it's bare carbon as a testament to the qualities of material they use.

2574346942.jpg

Seven Dreamers received the a lot of marketing buzz surrounding it's $120,000 golf shaft, people were thinking what the heck!? but then I began to understand how awesome it really is, this is more than just a shaft it's something made for you of words best technology, This insanely priced "Premium shaft" uses unique carbon fiber products developed for state-of-the-art satellite applications, the shaft is manufactured with a special invar alloy mold that has low heat expansion and is currently used in the aerospace industry (which actually takes most of the cost of manufacturing the product). Upon completion this top end shaft is encased in a special carbon fiber composite case with the actual super invar mold used to make the product included. Here is the break down, hold your breath this is in U.S dollars:

• Matrix - $1200 - Based on a 16 questions Seven Dreamers fits you into one of 50+ shafts through TSG
  • Haute Couture - $1800 - Fully Custom Fit in Japan Studio
  • Anniversary - $10,000 - Amazing Gift for an special anniversary in Gold/Silver/Various textile patterns and space materials (not for play)
  • Space - $15,000 - A different more rare space use material used in satallites
  • Premium - $120,000 - A shaft made for you of insane materials, metal mold, carbon case, full experience in Japan.

TourSpecGolf only sell's the Matrix series for the simple reason that most of our clients are not able to fly to Japan to be fit for the Haute Couture models. What we can do for anyone visiting Japan is arrange an english speaking fitting and experience.

3341026777.jpg

There are 57 shafts in the Matrix series and after a 16 question fitting using specific questions provided by Seven Dreamers HQ we send that data back and they provide the customer with 3 options to choose from: Standard - Distance - Control shafts, pretty self explanatory, the Standard is a combo of the two.

1203285604.jpg

The Haute Couture line requires the customer to visit an actual Seven Dreamers location for a personal fitting, this is a fitting to remember but you will need a translator if you just drop in, so we suggest contacting TSG if you are in the area and we will arrange an english speaker there to help you though the fitting.

Seven Dreamers uses a proprietary software that is combined with the latest Trackman, the fitting is done using Seven Dreamer heads so that they can isolate variables and fit your swing with a shaft, not the head. After your fitting it takes about a week for your data to be processed and the recommendation made, after you select your shaft it is made to order then shipped to you in a stunning box and owners guide.

1125029839.jpg

So what is the best way to experience a Seven Dreamer's shaft, obviously if you are in Tokyo please contact TSG and we can arrange a fitting in your language, other than that contact TSG if you have serious interest and we can get in touch to go over the 16 question fitting process.

Why give Seven Dreamers a try? well for one it's easily the most consistent and well made shaft in golf PERIOD! Don't agree? I challenge any shaft company to prove otherwise. The inner and outer walls are exact with no variation and perhaps even more importantly is they know how to break down each of the 16 sequential questions to provide you with the proper shaft for your swing. The Seven Dreamers shaft's also have less resin so you get more of the materials that matter most to performance. The philosophy is based on science surrounding the laws governing the conservation of momentum and the coefficient of restitution and show how weight reduction results in increase in club head speed and ball flight.

3165120771.jpg

Initial ball speed comes from the head speed, head weight, ball weight, and C.O.R and it is scientifically proven that a lighter club equals higher initial ball speeds which begs the question how light can one go without hitting it wild? Only with the use of the best carbon materials and designs can you keep shaft deformation down squaring the club face up at impact with such a light weight club. Now that doesn't mean they only make Light shafts, Seven Dreamers also has some beasts in their line up as well but the principle of increased distance with weight reduction can't be argued.

2891898336.png

So far only a small handful of TSG'ers have these in the bag today. It's a bit early to tell what the masses will think of them but I applaud Seven Dreamers for pushing the envelope to another level creating a new standard setting the bar high for any shaft company to rival them in the arena of technology and materials. Expect there to be more info about Seven Dreamers and our lucky TSG'rs who have decided to splurge and put one of their in their favorite driver.

If you are interested in purchasing a Matrix series shaft please inquire with [email protected], the process is pretty straight forward, after payment we submit 16 in depth questions for you to fill out, then send it into SD HQ in Tokyo where they will provide 3 suggestions, after choosing the shaft is made to order and delivered directly to you. We do suggest doing this at time of new club purchase from TSG, this allows us to send the custom order spec'd head to Seven Dreamers for the installation and measurements.

4256397810.png

3974511293.png

1048218716.png

3079452675.png

1269003458.png

2119725566.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having gone through the online fitting, the anticipation, seeing the quality product/box/case after and hitting it and seeing/feeling/experiencing exactly what I was looking for, I think this is a spectacular deal for what you get and the quality product you receive. Most other high-end shafts approach this vicinity in price (think the Matrix TP7HD, etc) and for a tad more, they don't just send you a shaft that beats those in material but is fitted for you.

I am still in my honeymoon phase with mine but we are getting along great ;)

I was previously playing an Epon Zero with a Crazy LY01 6.9 shaft (my backup now). Its long and very anti-left. On holes that I needed a small fade to a power fade, I was great. On holes that needed opposite movement, not so great. The Zero also had a good penetrating trajectory but in anything but drier fairways was going to get stuck. I wanted something higher, more workability (left and right) with a default shot of a small draw. Answered a handful of questions, hoped and got exactly what I was looking for.

Love to know what the 16 questions are?

Its really just about your current club, it's specs, your swing info, the way it's phrased they want more fact and less opinion.

Because it takes SD over a week to go over the info they want us to send send the questions after payment to begin the process.

Here is what one of the 3 options look like for this particular TSG member "control option"

post-18-0-81315100-1407774219_thumb.png

I'm still calling out the assertion that a lighter weight equals higher ball speed (unless it increases head speed) but other than that I want to go to Japan more than ever now.

Love to know what the 16 questions are?

You're soooooo tempted..........go for it :)

Actually F = MA .....therefore a heavier shaft can theoretically produce higher ball speeds than a lighter shaft. It depends basically on how much faster you can swing a light shaft vs a heavy shaft.

Force = (Mass) X (Acceleration)

I'm still calling out the assertion that a lighter weight equals higher ball speed (unless it increases head speed) but other than that I want to go to Japan more than ever now.

When players need more distance they don't go with a heavier head and shaft. Every brand has gone lighter in head and shaft to see gains.

Force vs mass is valid physics but has less value in golf or at least in this application for increasing driver distance.

If you doubt this just look at every brand going lighter and stronger in head and shaft.

When players need more distance they don't go with a heavier head and shaft. Every brand has gone lighter in head and shaft to see gains.

Force vs mass is valid physics but has less value in golf or at least in this application for increasing driver distance.

If you doubt this just look at every brand going lighter and stronger in head and shaft.

I understand the direction golf is going...but I also understand it's because (in theory) a lighter club is supposed to allow the player to swing faster. Just know that whether it's F=ma or the Sevendreamers equation, physics proves that a heavier club head equals more distance.

I understand the direction golf is going...but I also understand it's because (in theory) a lighter club is supposed to allow the player to swing faster. Just know that whether it's F=ma or the Sevendreamers equation, physics proves that a heavier club head equals more distance.

Heavier head = more distance? Why are brands going lighter?

I think physics doesn't prove either, they almost contradict each other. If heavier club head equals more distance and it's as simple as that you just came up with the next gimmick every brand will adopt.

Weight does not equal distance. Head speed and a whole mess of other variables come into play for distance.

I think the heavier head will generate more distance provided you can swing it at the same speed as well as accelerate through impact the same. usually people can swing a lighter shaft faster but if you can swing the heavy club with no loss in speed, it should theoretically go further ?

it's about feel too. sure you can swing lighter clubs faster but if it consistently puts you in the wrong position and you hit it off center then a heavier club hit on center consistently will still go farther every time. there's a balance in how light you go. if you want lighter clubs why isn't everyone on the pga swinging women's clubs or seniors clubs?

i think sbeaz tried the 50g shaft and it failed miserably.

If you use the basic equation of F = M * A, both Mass and Acceleration have the same coefficients so should impact that basic end force result the same. So, in theory, if you can swing a sledge hammer the same speed, same angle, same impact without loss of energy transfer to the ball with the same club-head/sledge hammer head speed at impact as that of a normal driver with the same shaft, you should (in theory) get larger distance. The difficulty of swinging a heaver head and result in the same club head speed at impact is most likely extremely difficult though :) It is probably easier to keep the mass of the head somewhat constant and accelerate the speed of the head at impact with a lighter shaft (and potentially lighter head) instead.

The Seven Dreamers equation makes sense. It is essentially calculating what % of energy transfer is made between the club head mass to the ball at what velocity. Its critical to have as much energy transfer without loss at a high velocity as possible. So, if you can swing a heavy head and have minimal energy loss at a high velocity, yes, it should go farther. Can you do that consistently, not sure.

And we're right back to where Chiromikey started the conversation in the 435/Stinger thread...the math stands, as does his qualifier that swing speed must not be lost. Thanks again for the perspective, Mikey. It would be easier for some to discount if not coming from someone with your game.

I think most people will be able to swing a lighter club faster and more consistently than a heavier club.

It's not just about shaft's getting lighter, heads are getting lighter as well and on all the PGA tours the weights are getting lighter in both shaft and head. Gone are the days of most swinging 90-100+ gram driver shafts.

Advanced Composite Materials (ACM) = lighter/stronger/directional all key attributes in golf.

Wishon wraps it up this way:

The total weight and the headweight of your driver have to be matched to your physical strength, your swing tempo and your golfing athletic ability.

Interesting conversation, especially in light of last week's thread about Japanese design not being as "innovative."

Some always cling to the old laws (physics included...), but the reality is that ever since Heisenberg, even physics gets contradicted by new technologies -- until, that is, new laws are notated.

I began playing golf with hammer heads on the end of steel (and even occasionally wood <g>) shafts. And I assure you, the new lighter technologies have allowed for greater distance as well as distance that is more controllable.

Talking this through with many is akin to talking to young racecar drivers about how the old steel tanks would HAVE to be faster vs. the new almost weightless chassis. Or that a Boeing 707 would HAVE to produce more force at 500MPH than the new composite weight Dreamliner. All the things like aerodynamics, strength of a face (on a molecular level), rebound effect, how long the ball stays on the face, size, shape, materials -- all these things contribute to distance AND control. Force in golf is way more complex than Mass x Acceleration.

Bravo, once again, to the Japanese innovators. Look forward to some day getting over there for a fitting with these gents. And many thanks to TSG for introducing these innovations to discerning golfers everywhere.

Interesting conversation, especially in light of last week's thread about Japanese design not being as "innovative."

Some always cling to the old laws (physics included...), but the reality is that ever since Heisenberg, even physics gets contradicted by new technologies -- until, that is, new laws are notated.

I began playing golf with hammer heads on the end of steel (and even occasionally wood <g>) shafts. And I assure you, the new lighter technologies have allowed for greater distance as well as distance that is more controllable.

Talking this through with many is akin to talking to young racecar drivers about how the old steel tanks would HAVE to be faster vs. the new almost weightless chassis. Or that a Boeing 707 would HAVE to produce more force at 500MPH than the new composite weight Dreamliner. All the things like aerodynamics, strength of a face (on a molecular level), rebound effect, how long the ball stays on the face, size, shape, materials -- all these things contribute to distance AND control. Force in golf is way more complex than Mass x Acceleration.

Bravo, once again, to the Japanese innovators. Look forward to some day getting over there for a fitting with these gents. And many thanks to TSG for introducing these innovations to discerning golfers everywhere.

Good point. As long as this conversation on "innovation" keeps going, we can expect new equipment on the market each year. :) Hard to argue against physics, but since golf involves so many variables there is way more to it than equations. I've seen both distance gains and losses from lighter/heavier, older/newer technology. It's all about finding what works best for you. (You can see many tour players still use older model clubs if that's what they like)

But with this all aside, it is very interesting to see how far the industry has come. It can't hurt to try the new innovations, as it may just be the perfect fit for you.

<<It's all about finding what works best for you.>>

+1 to that, T!

Heavier head = more distance? Why are brands going lighter?

I think physics doesn't prove either, they almost contradict each other. If heavier club head equals more distance and it's as simple as that you just came up with the next gimmick every brand will adopt.

Weight does not equal distance. Head speed and a whole mess of other variables come into play for distance.

Physics absolutely proves heavier equals more distance...as long as swing speed remains constant. If you consider COR, ball mass, and launch conditions as constants, Head mass and head speed are the only contributing factors that influence ball speed (acceleration). Increasing either one of those two variables equals more distance.

Imho, brands are going lighter because technology is allowing them to do so. Lighter can, for many, equal higher swing speed so you have brands able to sell the theory of more distance. This could be considered a gimmick as much as any other since lighter doesn't magically help you hit the sweet spot even if you are able to swing faster.

And don't be surprised when companies start going back to added mass behind the ball for more distance after they wear out the lighter is better campaign.

If you look at Taylormade, 2 or 3 years ago (about 10 models ago) they had the Burner Superfast...and now the SLDR which weighs as much as my car. 99% of golfers don't care enough to do a little research and they probably bought both drivers over the past 3 years to try to solve the same problem.