Seven Dreamers Golf Shafts - Now Available at TSG!

TourSpecGolfer

Please post comparison with TPRX, CRAZY (Distance Gain and Control)

As I will be going to Japan in November

Thanks for the inputs!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 43 years old. Golf is starting to hurt with heavy clubs (wrist injuries etc). I am going lighter/softer through the bag because gym also hurts and I am too busy with work and family to find time. I am sure I am not alone!

Interesting discussion of physics aside, I second pca168's request for returning the thread (or starting a new one...) that compares the 7D shafts with other great shafts like TRPX. I feel like the release of this shaft using newly significant, if expensive, materials got jacked by a discussion of one person's research into head weight and how it affects HIS swing...

Thanks, Chris. ;=]

Sorry guys and thanks to Mikey for helping me understand better.

I'm not able to compare SD to other shafts because I have no time with it. We have 4 members 2 of them are pretty active in the forum that do have time with them just recently so we will find out.

I can post some thoughts on the Seven Dreamers vs. Crazy Longest Yard 01 vs. TRPX Messenger 1st vs. TRPX Air later today. This will be purely on feel, ballflight, workability, etc, no launch monitor data and all based on my swing that continues to need some help :)

I look forward to that, mp. Thanks.

A little about me and my swing:

Handicap: 9-10

Driver swing speed: 100-103

Average driver distance: 260

Normal ball flight: Medium/High Fade

Go-to-shot: Fade

Challenges: Draws

My Swing: More shallow plane, needing to work on better wrist hinge, have a quick tempo and early release

TRPX Messenger 1st: Tight feeling shaft, medium launch, good dispersion, felt like it had a tighter tip than others, point and shoot, good distance.

TRPX Air: Higher launch, very active tip, could lose the ball both left and right but great carry and feel.

Crazy Longest Yard 01: Not as tight feeling as the Messenger 1st, launch for me between the Air and Messenger 1st, anti-left shaft, can step on it. Medium launch, good carry, good overall distance. Hard to draw for me.

Seven Dreamers (1 week): Slightly active tip, not as active as the Air, more than the Crazy. Good firm middle section for dispersion, can work the ball left and right, default ball flight to a slight draw (which I wanted). Higher launch than the Crazy, almost similar to the Air. Excellent feeling shaft. It was built to my swing/specs, so you can't go wrong.

Essentially, I look at it like this: I have spent a lot of money on shafts over the years (a good more than what the cost of a Seven Dreamers shaft is at retail) and was never fully satisfied and wondered if something out there was better for my swing. So, why not take the plunge, get something fit exactly for you and not have to worry about it anymore :) Its expensive upfront, but down the line, I bet it equates out and you get something very unique and for you.

Just my .02.

Thank you, mp! Great review.

I am 43 years old. Golf is starting to hurt with heavy clubs (wrist injuries etc). I am going lighter/softer through the bag because gym also hurts and I am too busy with work and family to find time. I am sure I am not alone!

You're definitely not alone mate.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to close the loop, posted on another thread but following up here as well...

The look, feel and shaft performance is amazing. I am more consistent with it versus other shafts I have put in play and it continues to perform. Minus a couple swing issues I am already working on, the shaft is nothing short of perfection. The dark stealthy look is spectacular with a Modart. I know we all splurge in terms of shafts, so this should be definitely on yours to try...

Thanks for the update dude.

Man thats fantastic you are feeling the love for the 7D, I am so close to pulling the trigger, am trying as many heads as possible at the mo,

Just want to be sure I choose the right one, am thinking maxima ST with all out distance 7D shaft......this combo could be a monster.

Or do I go Maxima ST with accuracy shaft as the head is a monster anyway.

What to do???

Man thats fantastic you are feeling the love for the 7D, I am so close to pulling the trigger, am trying as many heads as possible at the mo,

Just want to be sure I choose the right one, am thinking maxima ST with all out distance 7D shaft......this combo could be a monster.

What to do???

Option deux, hutch, seems like hitting every fairway with great feel, flight and distance to boot using a $2k combo would make the coin spent well worth it. Edited by needmoregolf

What to do???

ST + distance! Isn't that why you bought a hi-cor head in the first place? Play it safe in a regular head if you feel the need.

• 6 months later...

So this has been on my brain, as of late, so I decided to do a little "window shopping" and started to kick the tires a bit by requesting some info from Chris.

There seemed to be some mystery surrounding the whole process to get fitted, who would be building the driver if you didn't select the uber-exclusive Haute Couture option, and how the final product would be constructed, so I asked Chris to break it down. This information helped me understand everything a bit better, so just sharing in case there are others that are in my same boat, and just need to understand more before committing the coin.

As I understand it, Haute Couture comes built free from 7D (along w/ the personalized custom fitting session). For those that choose the Matrix shafts, TSG will build for free w/ a 7D + head purchase. If you want 7D to build it, it is and additional $150. The last option is to have head and shaft sent separately for you (or your builder) to put the shaft straight in (no mucking w/ ANYTHING).

The breakdown of the process is you pay for the head and shaft, then the questionnaire is sent from TSG to fill out. Once it's filled out, you send it back to TSG and they send to 7D, who then take 10 days to send TSG back 3 design options for the shaft: Distance | Control | Standard. You get to review the design options w/ their respective info and it takes 30 days to turn around the final product once you make your final decision. Depending on what build option you select, the shaft may go to TSG first, or direct to you either shaft only or built.

With all this said, I'm still on the fence, but man, I really want to just jump right in!! Thanks to those that have shared their experience...you guys have done a good job at making me think, HMMMM, WHAT IF I....

Can't keep a 7 dreamers shaft under my credit card radar...

Well done, D - very helpful.

The whole questionnaire thing is bothersome. If I saw data that suggested that those who filled out the questionnaire got fitted to the same shaft as if they had gone through the fitting, that would be a different story. That kind of dough for an educated guess is tough for me to swallow.