Seven Dreamers Golf Shafts - Now Available at TSG!

TourSpecGolfer

Ic..thanks for the clarification...tempting

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm going to spend a $1200 on a shaft, I'm going to spend $600 more for the detailed fitting (if I converted yen to dollars right) since I already fly to Asian 3-4 times a year.

My only hesitancy is I hit my current rig about as good as my swing can deliver so I think the marginal benefit would be pretty small. But who doesn't want a custom built shaft?!

On 6/18/2016 at 6:22 PM, chuck4golf said:

If I'm going to spend a $1200 on a shaft, I'm going to spend $600 more for the detailed fitting (if I converted yen to dollars right) since I already fly to Asian 3-4 times a year.

My only hesitancy is I hit my current rig about as good as my swing can deliver so I think the marginal benefit would be pretty small. But who doesn't want a custom built shaft?!

As you should if your going to Japan.  I think you will see a benefit that should be noticeable from 7D shafts,  few do not.

Ok a little bit of education on shafts in general.

In relation to kick points

T、C、B represents stiffness value of each part of the shaft 

T = 250mm from tips end 
C = center 
B = 250mm from butts end

The base number of T/C and C/B is 0.54

T/C < 0.54 means it's a softer tip, easier to turn over better for the person trying to avoid a slice or who wants a higher launch.

T/C > 0.54 means it's a firmer tip,  harder to flick or turn over better for the person trying to avoid the hook or who wants a more penetrating launch.

C/B < 0.54 means the shaft creates more bend/lag and will play softer often with more sensation of feel

C/B > 0.54 means butt side of the shaft is stiffer,  shaft feels firmer as many higher kick point shafts are.

kick coefficient = T²�/CB

Why am I sharing this with you guys?  For a better understanding on shaft dynamics.  7D does the above equations and more using an algorithm combined with a master shaft designers human approach just to figure out the kick point for each player.  This doesn't include any calculations for the head, flex, weight, and other factors.  So as you can see a ton goes into this.  $1200 isn't much for what you get.

A few other things... for those wanting a 2nd hand 7D shaft.

1.  Yes you may hit another persons 7D very well or you may not.

2.  2 people with similar swings to the eye,  same swing speed, shot/flight pattern can have two totally different trajectories and dispersion due to the timing and energy of where the shaft kicks.  This even goes for steel iron shafts.

3.  Non-custom shafts are a safer bet to buy 2nd hand because they are less design specific for the player and often designed to fit a wider segment.