N.S Pro Modus3 System3 Tour 125 Shafts

TourSpecGolfer

1996794170.png

3385491562.png

NS Pro has just unveiled it's latest release the Modus3 System3 Tour 125 Shaft! Bang that's a mouthful, Modus3 Tour 125 for short sounds better. It features new technology made in Japan which we will go over but also Nippon Steel Co. is touting the tight tolerance and Japan level quality control.

(MHT) = Multi Heat Treatment, by controlling the strong heat levels in certain areas they are able to control the hardness of the steel. This is a very big deal when it comes to making steel shafts, It's similar to what carbon can do by adding or changing layers of carbon to different parts of the shaft to increase stiffness.

Variable shaft thickness has also been a technique of NSPRO, they have the sophisticated technology to control the thickness of all areas of the shaft at a micro level allowing for design freedom which allows them to provide the proper amount of spin and launch for different players.

3502291429.jpg

2475538925.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what that graph means but if I'm understanding the reinforced spots, is this supposed to be a mid flight shaft?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh as a consuamte illustrator...................

i think these are very similar in flight ( by the looks of things on the graph ) to the SP orange and ORA.

low take off, then high flighted piercing flight and prob drop dead at apex to a spot.

these look ideantical to the ORAs by this graph.

and those are one hell of a set of shafts if u got mid or HIGH cog heads.

low cog,. i dont hink these will suit at all.

oh blades spring to mind..!!!

I believe the graph is bend profile. You can see the stiffer tip in the 120s compared to the mid section with the 130s a tighter profile all around. The 125s should play (from the profile) similar to the KBS Tours, SP Orange, etc. They will also probably feel the smoothest out of all of them! ORA or ST but slightly heavier?

yea im playing the ST now and htey are going extremely well, nice and tight, veyr tight really, although just a little light and high

my faves are still the 2g18s ( modus 130 ) i c jsut cant fault them for my swing.. its them or the ORA, prob the 2g18s bec they are a little lower andflatter. i like that mid kick feel as well.

played the ctaper protos on sunday

for punch shots they are peerless, prgr tr500 and ctaper stiff protos, game -set-match for links

I just shafted my 316s with the STs (stiff). Very smooth, has to be the smoothest shaft I have ever hit. They are light but the ball flight is wonderfully med/high with just enough spin. I am worried a little with the short irons in the wind but I love how easy they are to hit and the feel, just amazing. The 130s are a ton of shaft for me, hard for those early morning rounds :) I will have to try these 125s :)

I just shafted my 316s with the STs (stiff). Very smooth, has to be the smoothest shaft I have ever hit. They are light but the ball flight is wonderfully med/high with just enough spin. I am worried a little with the short irons in the wind but I love how easy they are to hit and the feel, just amazing. The 130s are a ton of shaft for me, hard for those early morning rounds :) I will have to try these 125s :)

What are STs?

they are really smoothe easy to hit proto shats, cant beelvie the pros play these, they are almost too easy. ive got 2 sets , one in prgr , and one is set in a set of blades. in wind ,i dont think they are much chop COMPARED to others for ME.

but in winter they are fantastic!

The 3 models seems to have different shaft profiles. How do we determine the kind of swing i.e. smooth, aggressive, hitter, early / late release........ in relation to the shaft profiles

Are the 130 designed for strong players? Why strong mid section with softer tip & butt?

Who will benefit from the 120 with soft butt & strong tip? Swinger or hitter?

The new 125 seems to have stronger tip & butt similar to the 1150GH Tour, who will benefit from this?

Which of this model will suit a early to mid release swing?

The 3 models seems to have different shaft profiles. How do we determine the kind of swing i.e. smooth, aggressive, hitter, early / late release........ in relation to the shaft profiles

Are the 130 designed for strong players? Why strong mid section with softer tip & butt?

Who will benefit from the 120 with soft butt & strong tip? Swinger or hitter?

The new 125 seems to have stronger tip & butt similar to the 1150GH Tour, who will benefit from this?

Which of this model will suit a early to mid release swing?

The 130 while slightly heavier has a get up faster and rounder more arc'd in trajectory

The 120 has a slightly more penetrating trajectory with more roll than the 130, lighter, friendlier.

The 125 I've not hit but it should be like the C-Taper in this family. lower trajectory, ideal weight, in between the 120 & 130 as far as trajectory goes.

Just my guess for now, would love to have all 3 in the same head on the LM.

• 1 month later...

The 130 while slightly heavier has a get up faster and rounder more arc'd in trajectory

The 120 has a slightly more penetrating trajectory with more roll than the 130, lighter, friendlier.

The 125 I've not hit but it should be like the C-Taper in this family. lower trajectory, ideal weight, in between the 120 & 130 as far as trajectory goes.

Just my guess for now, would love to have all 3 in the same head on the LM.

We need an artist's rendering. Quick where is Supo...?