N.S Pro Modus3 System3 Tour 125 Shafts

TourSpecGolfer

I wouldn't say like, I would say of the NSPRO line up it's the lower more stable faster swinger shaft.

If you are a C-Taper player I would only suggest the 125.

If you are a normal swinger 120 ( this shaft fits a wide range of player )

If you like heavy yet a higher softer landing drop angle then the 130.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm a bit of a golf shaft whore, ill chime in with my experiences.

Modus 120 : lightweight shaft and it actually hits a low spinning ball relative to its weight class, it has quite a nice kick at the end and i would consider this a distance shaft.....it does hit a piercing ball but the it also has plenty of spin to hold greens.

Modus 130 : medium weight shaft, about the same weight as dgs300....i found this to be a very nice shaft, it has a higher launch and what seems to be higher spin as well.....its a great shaft for carry distances and it pretty much will sit on every green if you pinch the ball tight. this shaft is very hard to overload and is great for those of us who hit straight balls or like to play the smallest of cuts....i had a hard time producing a reliable draw because it was 50/50 that i would raw it or block it right. if u are playing a super windy course, you may not like these unless you are a good knockdown player.

Modus ST : These are lightweight shafts but they don't feel lightweight at all, if anything, i would say these are smoother versions of the modus 120 and they have the distance without the pronounced kick and they do a great job of keeping the ball down, these may be my favorite shafts for my current swing. They do everything nicely, they are lightweight so u get good swing speed but they don't feel light so you still retain club head feel. They are distance shafts but they have good spin which will hold almost all types of greens. They launch med to med high but they do pierce through the wind. They are rare and pricey to help those of us who like the rare and bespoke stuff.

C-Taper 120 : These play with less feel than the modus, they are more vague and the kick is less pronounced. The flight is lower and the spin is more than adequate if you pure it, however if you are thin with these, the ball releases like a bullet and with little spin.....i found these shafts easy to hit low and pretty reliable for draws and fades. These don't have the kick of modus 120s but have similar distance, if not more....if you are playing a cavity back on windy courses with soft greens and you like to swing hard, these may be the shafts you are looking for.

C-Taper 125 : These are the big brother of the ctaper 120s.....i did notice that they are stouter and they will make a difference, if you like the ctaper 125s but find them a bit board, drop down to a SS ctaper 120 and you will be extremely pleased. No surprises here, just a excellent shaft for those who like this shaft profile.

Ah sorry maybe there is some confusion here, when I say 125 I mean Modus3 Tour 125.

Robbie, interested in hearing your thoughts on those when you hit them.

Ah sorry maybe there is some confusion here, when I say 125 I mean Modus3 Tour 125.

Robbie, interested in hearing your thoughts on those when you hit them.

Anythoughts on flex for the Modus 125? I currently use a parallel tip C-Taper x stiff blank frequencied to 6.5. SS with driver 108-110 and 6 iron 92-95 which carries 190.

Let me post a review soon

Coming from modus 120, 130, and now ć taper stiff ssx1. Loving the ć taper extremely smooth and not harsh despite what all the reviews say.

I dont find the c tapers harsh but they are stout to flex, if you find the proper flex, they are indeed smooth and hit a very tight ball which pierces the air and gives max distance. However if you choose a flex that is too stout, they tend to be less forgiving in terms of loading. I find the modus tends to be more forgiving even if you move up a flex, conversely if you play too soft a flex, the modus will be all over the course.....

I dont find the c tapers harsh but they are stout to flex, if you find the proper flex, they are indeed smooth and hit a very tight ball which pierces the air and gives max distance. However if you choose a flex that is too stout, they tend to be less forgiving in terms of loading. I find the modus tends to be more forgiving even if you move up a flex, conversely if you play too soft a flex, the modus will be all over the course.....

Thanks,

Which modus are you comparing to the C-Tapers? or in general? I played the Modus 120X and super peening blues in X, I found the flight pretty similar, but it seemed the 120 were just a bit easier to swing. Im currently using the C-tapers in parallel frequencied to 6.5 and I like them but as with many on here, always wanting to try new toys.

Im pretty much interested in the Modus 125, but not sure what flex. Any recommendations from you guys?

Thanks,

Which modus are you comparing to the C-Tapers? or in general? I played the Modus 120X and super peening blues in X, I found the flight pretty similar, but it seemed the 120 were just a bit easier to swing. Im currently using the C-tapers in parallel frequencied to 6.5 and I like them but as with many on here, always wanting to try new toys.

Im pretty much interested in the Modus 125, but not sure what flex. Any recommendations from you guys?

Modus 120x will be a bit friendlier than spec

That being said I think you will be fine with modus 125s flex. They are a tad boardy at best you can frequency them and see if you need to hardstep them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I played both the 125 and 130s this weekend.

the 130s are the proto version but I presume there little difference.

both were in the same head .

honma tw.

these are not the same shafts just different weight , ohh no they play very differently.

found the 130s actually played better in wind , even tho the looked they they were getting beat up towards the end of the flight, but they weren t hey jut landed softer , (I wasn't really expecting this ) thought the 125s wud be better the 130s the take off is really low then kind of balloon and die then land super soft, hitting into a cross wind this helps a ton, especially with 4-5 irons to par 3s. they are totally unaffected by the wind till they run out of energy, then the just land like a helicopter.

sensational to watch , I also think they go a bit shorter than the 125s.

they have a nicer feel (soft stepX vs 125s stiff) the kick point is VERY pronounced, I love that feel. the 125s are quite stiff and cant feel a bend point. the fly ultra straight as well and higher. more like the NS1150 flight.

both are very good in MB heads.

really up the individual which flight u like to see.

personally like the theatrics of the 130s over the rounded arc of the 125s. but I really cudnt care which one I play they are both excellent.

I did hit a cpl of 4 irons yesterday that just gooooooooooooshed with the 125s which were utterly things of beauty .

but the flight of the 130s is addictive to watch

hard to move both laterally. and I think. as Robbie said , the 130s were tougher, the 125 I can hit (tiny) draws , tiny ones, but I just cant seem to get the 130s going left what so ever .

both of these don't go as long as the 120s nor as low.

really don't know which one is best..... for me its a flight thing and the 130s are fun to watch!

This is great info, S. I probably should grab another 125 to try. I discounted them a year ago after hitting one in a P2. It turns out, the P2, more than other clubs I've hit, react very differently off of the mat vs real grass.

The 130 I'm trying in a short-hosel head (Vega VM-02) is working out pretty well. I'm going to try it in some other heads and see if I can't find a home for a set or two.

This is great info, S. I probably should grab another 125 to try. I discounted them a year ago after hitting one in a P2. It turns out, the P2, more than other clubs I've hit, react very differently off of the mat vs real grass.

The 130 I'm trying in a short-hosel head (Vega VM-02) is working out pretty well. I'm going to try it in some other heads and see if I can't find a home for a set or two.

true true! real world you have the catch the p2 clean!

In the modus range imo the 125's are closest to the C-Tapers and like the C-Tapers I often advise to soft step or go one flex softer. Many of my customers who play X flex I have suggested hard step stiff and they have been really happy.

The 125s are stiff. You need to really like a butt stiff profile. The 130s, given the tip, play easier but that mid-section takes some getting used to.

IMHO:

130s compare to PX

120s are a different beast altogether but could be a play for players traditionally using DG

125s compare to C-Taper

SPB compare to 125s

SPO compare to a butt stiff KBS Tour but better due to the stiffer butt and probably stiffer mid for control but similar launch

Just my .02.

Get to know the profile you like, how you load, your tempo and if you like the feel of stiffer butt sections, if you need a stiffer tip for a later release, if you need a heavier shaft due to your transition and tempo (not swingspeed, that is flex), etc.

The 125s are stiff. You need to really like a butt stiff profile. The 130s, given the tip, play easier but that mid-section takes some getting used to.

IMHO:

130s compare to PX

120s are a different beast altogether but could be a play for players traditionally using DG

125s compare to C-Taper

SPB compare to 125s

SPO compare to a butt stiff KBS Tour but better due to the stiffer butt and probably stiffer mid for control but similar launch

Just my .02.

Get to know the profile you like, how you load, your tempo and if you like the feel of stiffer butt sections, if you need a stiffer tip for a later release, if you need a heavier shaft due to your transition and tempo (not swingspeed, that is flex), etc.

Very good comparison. I would concur with all that Michael has presented here. For my game the 125's fly a tad high while the 120's are near perfect.

IMHO:

130s compare to PX

125s compare to C-Taper

SPB compare to 125s

Just my .02.

Great comparisons just to add to this if you like a stiffer tip section and softer butt try any of the shimada tour range.

I've been away from the forums for some time, but have taken interest in these shafts.

Anyone know how they compare to the old 1150gh tours?

I assume the modus line is an upgrade from the GH tours?

In the modus range imo the 125's are closest to the C-Tapers and like the C-Tapers I often advise to soft step or go one flex softer. Many of my customers who play X flex I have suggested hard step stiff and they have been really happy.

I play SPBs that are a bit over-length in X and they suit me really well. From what I understand the 125s are almost identical to the SPBs in every way except that the 125s are a few grams lighter. I've been thinking about going with X in the 125s too..Should I consider softstepping?

I play SPBs that are a bit over-length in X and they suit me really well. From what I understand the 125s are almost identical to the SPBs in every way except that the 125s are a few grams lighter. I've been thinking about going with X in the 125s too..Should I consider softstepping?

I have no experience with SPB's and don't know the difference compared to the 125s. To me it sounds like if you are comfortable with the flex of the SPB's then keeping X in the 125's is the way to go, if you want a touch softer/higher soft step.

125's are more butt stiff and play firmer to flex than the 120 & 130 imo.