N.S Pro Modus3 System3 Tour 125 Shafts

TourSpecGolfer

Been playing the Tour 125 and it's just right. I really like all 3 Modus versions but this one is just tighter and the kick feels different imo, not sure how to explain that. All three on course for me are pretty similar, I think I like the 130 in wedges as that's what I have in my Modarts and can't imagine anything better as far as landing softly but all in all Imo this is the best of the bunch.

Good news is it doesn't cost anymore as an upgrade with TSG custom builds.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Mizuno's site, the MP-4 only has a D0 SW with this shaft at standard length, is that due to the shaft being counterbalanced? I am very interested in this shaft, but the Tour 120 experiment was not all that successful.

Edited by artlu

The 130 while slightly heavier has a get up faster and rounder more arc'd in trajectory

The 120 has a slightly more penetrating trajectory with more roll than the 130, lighter, friendlier.

The 125 I've not hit but it should be like the C-Taper in this family. lower trajectory, ideal weight, in between the 120 & 130 as far as trajectory goes.

Just my guess for now, would love to have all 3 in the same head on the LM.

Would love to see LM numbers for comparison.

I really liked the 120 for its feel, but did not get the consistency I was looking for.

Was using an S flex but perhaps it was not the right flex for me. They are significantly weaker to flex after all.

I get better dispersion with the 1150GH but still get similar smooth feel.

Then came the 130. I was fitted for a S flex soft stepped once ( 105mph Driver SS ) .... Yes, one beast of a shaft.

I think I lost a few yards due to higher trajectory and the added weight, and lost workability too. Feel was.... well very "stout"

still much better feel than say Dynamic Gold or Project X .

Having said that, for "going after the pin", I have never experienced anything like it ( Proto ORAs were close I guess ) .

These are so accurate, tight and straight. Unfortunately, for me it was a bit too stout. Could not feel the head much.

Towards the end of a round, my swing became really sloppy because I was going after the ball on every iron shot.

Will need to try the 125s soon. My hopes are that it packs the goodness of both 120 and 130.

In the meantime, 1150GH are still my favorites. Provides good balance of smooth feel and accuracy.

Shouldn't be the reason, I'm at D2/D3 on my ONOFF's at 35.75" on the #5 with Modus 125 Tour's.

35.75? You mean 37.75 right

Shouldn't be the reason, I'm at D2/D3 on my ONOFF's at 35.75" on the #5 with Modus 125 Tour's.

seeing the simulated result from the virtual build sheet had me worried. Would you say these are less counterbalanced than the Tour 120? And if so would any irons set be built to D4 without adding weights?

i don't think the Modus 130 are counterbalanced in the least....in fact they SW heavier than the 120 when compared length to length.....

Epon 6 iron with 120 at 38" was D5

Epon 6 iron with 130 at 38" was D6

i don't think the Modus 130 are counterbalanced in the least....in fact they SW heavier than the 120 when compared length to length.....

Epon 6 iron with 120 at 38" was D5

Epon 6 iron with 130 at 38" was D6

you play your 6iron at 38?

you play your 6iron at 38?

hehe....yeppers !!!! i play 1/2" over ......although i don't mind playing them at 37.75" 6 iron and choke up a bit on the grips......when i plan to play 38" 6 irons, i usually build up the bottom hand so that when i choke up the grip it doesn't have that super taper feel....

1/2" over US std is 38". That's what I play too.

hehe....yeppers !!!! i play 1/2" over ......although i don't mind playing them at 37.75" 6 iron and choke up a bit on the grips......when i plan to play 38" 6 irons, i usually build up the bottom hand so that when i choke up the grip it doesn't have that super taper feel....

• 4 weeks later...

That could be the shortest 5 iron ever

This is the shaft that I keep wanting to try because you guys make such a strong case for it, but I think for my modest ss (low 90's driver) and at age 62 this is just not sensible. Anyone in my neighborhood play any of the Modus shafts and think its right for them?

Modus 3 130 has a softer tip so higher trajectory and is (slightly) counterbalanced...so doesn't seem as heavy as it is...bet you could very easily play this

These shafts did not work for me, I should have known as 120s, Ora, SPO all had bad results. BST after the holiday.

What's wrong w them?

Too high and short, I'm guessing too much spin. The KBS V Tours work very well for me in my other set. They are high also but I still get good distance. They are said to be low spin high launch, aerothechs also worked nicely in my 2013 onoffs. I just had them pulled and inserted in my Kuro's so we'll see how that does. I'm just short of 2 meters (6'5") and swing down into the ball with irons so I naturally hit the ball high.

Hmmm was all dead set to get the 125 in my next set of irons and after this review wondering if I should just stick to Aerotech (proven and tested in 3 of my iron sets)

Decisions...decisions...decisions...!!

Hmmm was all dead set to get the 125 in my next set of irons and after this review wondering if I should just stick to Aerotech (proven and tested in 3 of my iron sets)

Decisions...decisions...decisions...!!

Go with what you know.

So I had both side by side yesterday with a few other players, now when they are side by side you can tell a difference easily.

The club feels heavier built to the same length, same iron. Also the head area feels heavier because more weight is down toward the tip.

If you don't have them side by side it just feels tighter but when having both weight is the biggest difference in the tip.

120 also has more flex and give overall feel wise.

Im really interested in this shaft. how does the 125 compare to the 130 or something like a ctaper?. Another thing, anyone know if there is a difference in the playability/feel/performance of the modus line in taper tip vs parallel?

I've never tried the parallel but it should be identical. takes very sensitive feel to notice a change in stuff like that, I would say 1% of golfers if they really focused could sense the slightest but not enough to change anything.

This is NSpro's C-taper imo yet very different at the same time. Modus 130 is shorter in distance and starts off with a higher trajectory, not bad for wedges if you want to land soft but also not good if you need absolute accuracy.

I've never tried the parallel but it should be identical. takes very sensitive feel to notice a change in stuff like that, I would say 1% of golfers if they really focused could sense the slightest but not enough to change anything.

This is NSpro's C-taper imo yet very different at the same time. Modus 130 is shorter in distance and starts off with a higher trajectory, not bad for wedges if you want to land soft but also not good if you need absolute accuracy.

So you feel the Modus 125 is like the C-Taper?. What do you mean very same but different? Perform same, different feel?

Since you have tried all 3, which shaft would you recommend to different swing types?