TSG Club Works Finishes Now Available!

TourSpecGolfer

post-18-0-71306900-1409154523_thumb.jpg

Glad to announce that TSG now offers a pretty extensive range of refinishing options 100% done in Japan.

We also offer custom build assembly, exotic paint fill, upgrade ferrules, upgrade grips, and removal of small dings and dents.

The prices are fair considering the work and transport to complete a set properly. We only use the best finishing factories found in Japan.

If you have a set of irons needing a refresh or just like to tweak your gear you can email me at [email protected] for a quote.

At this point It's all custom quote until we list prices later.

Teflon Satin

post-18-0-58345600-1409154163_thumb.jpg

Satin Boron

post-18-0-73190200-1409154176_thumb.jpg

Copper Mirror

post-18-0-37474200-1409154197_thumb.jpg

Black Boron

post-18-0-86226300-1409154225_thumb.jpg

Soft Black

post-18-0-27843100-1409154250_thumb.jpg

Soft Black

post-18-0-24159800-1409154273_thumb.jpg

Copper Satin

post-18-0-96009300-1409154284_thumb.jpg

Black Boron

post-18-0-68404600-1409154308_thumb.jpg

NiCr Satin Chrome Face Blackened

post-18-0-71651600-1409154323_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-62865900-1409154334_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooo I've gone back to being a 8 year old in a sweet shop.......which one would I pick?!?

Ooooo I've gone back to being a 8 year old in a sweet shop.......which one would I pick?!?

Seriously, my sentiments exactly! It's almost to the point of, not WHICH one I would pick, but when to try EACH one and on which set of clubs?? :tsg_smiley_crazy:

I think this will be an instant revitalization of the BST market for older iron sets. Thanks, Chris, for dropping the bomb, me thinks this will be a highly successful program!

...that copper satin finish on the AF Tours tho.... :tsg_smiley_bulb:

Edited by needmoregolf

Pure Genius :tsg_smiley_drool:

Agree on the copper satin :tsg_smiley_heart:

damn chris looking really nice. any chance we can get an idea of maintenance/care/durability of each finish?

damn chris looking really nice. any chance we can get an idea of maintenance/care/durability of each finish?

Also, is it possible to get multiple finishes on an iron...i.e. - Personals 1 has multiple finishes from the factory so if this type of club was sent it, could it be refreshed the same way and/or mixed/matched w/ these new finishes?

Thanks guys, they are not perfect but they are the best aftermarket finishes I know of anywhere.

The best finishes durability wise are Chrome and Satin and both are beautiful.

Copper Satin - While sexy is not suggested it will rust quickly and easily.

Copper Mirror - looks great after wear and rusts slower than the copper satin. (if you like wear)

Soft Black - will wear, my favorite looking finish.

Teflon Satin - should wear, this finish looks amazing.

Satin Boron - still testing.

I really like Soft Black and Satin Boron,

we will post pics in the future as they wear, each finish should provide a distinct feel from one another.

After we redo your custom color paint fill and assembly we spray with sword oil and wrap each head and neck and grip in shrink wrap to avoid wear.

It's 75-100per head + shipping for us to remove very light dings, strip the finish, refinish, new paint fill, and send back.

If there is a significant defect in finish TSG refinishes the head again on our dime before sending it to you.

These are not 100% perfect finishes, but they are golf specific and amongst the best found anywhere in the world.

Not every iron can be refinished (well), it's often based on design and material.

Having some coppers and raw/black irons already, I'm really digging the satin boron. Any idea if these finishes will change the feel in any way?

Having some coppers and raw/black irons already, I'm really digging the satin boron. Any idea if these finishes will change the feel in any way?

Each will change the feel at impact differently, it's gonna take time for people to try different things and report to the forums, one thing is each of these are all golf specific finishes at golf specific refinishers, we are not using automotive refinishers etc.. dis fo golf.

The mirrored copper looks like a plating, whereas the copper satin looks like it might be a blend that is painted/sprayed on? Chris, can you clarify?

Not sure if we have a resident metallurgist, but trying to understand how copper rusts if its a corrosion only known to iron oxides. Perhaps copper finishes for golf involve a blend of copper and other metals to keep costs in check?

Anyways, not to thread jack and turn this into a metal thread, just want to understand better what "copper" finishes mean for all the different kinds we see out there in the golf world (i.e. - Epon's chocolatey brown "copper" finish)

Edited by needmoregolf

Golf to impress!!!

For sure...This brings new meaning to the that statement

Fill your boots!!!

I may need an extra pair or two ;)

Sensational work Chris...TSG just moved the industry to a whole new level.

Soft black is just perfect and my clear favourite!

The mirrored copper looks like a plating, whereas the copper satin looks like it might be a blend that is painted/sprayed on? Chris, can you clarify?

Not sure if we have a resident metallurgist, but trying to understand how copper rusts if its a corrosion only known to iron oxides. Perhaps copper finishes for golf involve a blend of copper and other metals to keep costs in check?

Anyways, not to thread jack and turn this into a metal thread, just want to understand better what "copper" finishes mean for all the different kinds we see out there in the golf world (i.e. - Epon's chocolatey brown "copper" finish)

These look quite nice.

As it relates to copper, I think patina would be used more commonly. And while it certainly relates to oxidation, it's not corrosive like rust is to iron. In fact, the patina on copper actually protects and preserves the underlying metal. Still, copper can be cleaned up SO easily to bring back the brightness if that's desired.

These look quite nice.

As it relates to copper, I think patina would be used more commonly. And while it certainly relates to oxidation, it's not corrosive like rust is to iron. In fact, the patina on copper actually protects and preserves the underlying metal. Still, copper can be cleaned up SO easily to bring back the brightness if that's desired.

Thanks K, you certainly are an expert when it comes to copper!! ;)

Couldn't agree more. +1 Absolutely an Expert!!

my vote goes to the teflon satin finish. looks amazing. i think it will match the crazy MBs well..

Yes much worse than the Yururi Raws.

These rust sitting on a table with even the smallest amount of humidity in the air.

Chris, is it rust or patina? If it is indeed rust, then it must be a copper blend with some kind of iron oxide. Can we get more info on the finish and its makeup as i think it would be wildy popular but great to fully understand its characterisitics/properties before considering it as an option.

I like this quote here:

"When is rust not rust, when is it a patina?

When you go to sell it."

Both rust and patina are an oxide of iron but yes I do understand the difference in look, rust is orange and crusty looking, patina many consider to be a more brown uniform look.

IMO it's a patina, I will try to advance the rusting process by getting it wet and leaving it outside.

AF-Tour Copper Satin

Average Temp 100*

Average Humidity 5-20*

Sitting on a desk for 1-2 months

The areas that I touched with my fingers have started to rust.

The Copper Mirror holds up better

post-18-0-28322300-1409362662_thumb.jpg

That looks like patina from what I can see looking on my phone. If it's actually the carbon steel rusting, that would suggest very poor or extremely thin coverage. Patina is from oxidation of copper, but it doesn't damage the metal. The copper will definitely turn brown left untouched, and several things can advance the oxidation. I'd be surprised if that's actually rust, but the quickest way to tell is to use a little metal cleaner. If it turns orange again, patina was the right word. If it shows the carbon steel, whole other story.